HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Hockey News Draft Issue

Closed Thread

Old
06-07-2004, 09:04 PM
Rex88

vCash: 500
The Hockey News Draft Issue

Have been looking at the THN draft issue.
Fun reading.
As a guy that mostly watches pro (NHL/AHL) these publications are very interesting to see what is thought of the incoming draftees.

Any thoughts/hopes on who may fall to our third round pick?

I understand this is a lot of speculation at this point but in the THN issue the guy I noted and would like to fall is Aki Seitsonen. No. 30 NA skater and 53 overall based on THN. May go significantly higher or lower in this type of draft. Ht. 6-3 Wt. 206 natural center and shots R, hard worker and fast. A Finn who came over to play in P. Albert.
I know the "other" Carter had been mentioned previously as well in another thread.

Any other thoughts on this THN issue or who may end up available in the mid rounds?

Old
06-08-2004, 10:14 AM
Pontifex Maximus*

There is some more discussion over on the draft thread at the top.

Old
06-08-2004, 11:41 AM
Rex88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus
There is some more discussion over on the draft thread at the top.
That thread has gone astray.
Discussions on trading Handzus and what not but no specifics.
I will go back to that one and see what happens.

I was really hoping someone that gets to see alot of junior hockey with some specific favorites might chime in.

Old
06-08-2004, 04:11 PM
Pontifex Maximus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex88
That thread has gone astray.
Discussions on trading Handzus and what not but no specifics.
I will go back to that one and see what happens.

I was really hoping someone that gets to see alot of junior hockey with some specific favorites might chime in.
I'm not really getting into reading all the Top 60 profiles this year like last year when we had two first rounders including the 11th overall.

Old
06-08-2004, 05:00 PM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex88
Have been looking at the THN draft issue.
Fun reading.
As a guy that mostly watches pro (NHL/AHL) these publications are very interesting to see what is thought of the incoming draftees.

Any thoughts/hopes on who may fall to our third round pick?

I understand this is a lot of speculation at this point but in the THN issue the guy I noted and would like to fall is Aki Seitsonen. No. 30 NA skater and 53 overall based on THN. May go significantly higher or lower in this type of draft. Ht. 6-3 Wt. 206 natural center and shots R, hard worker and fast. A Finn who came over to play in P. Albert.
The THN Draft Preview is must reading. The Flyers will have seen a lot of Seitsonen, since he plays with Beauchemin, who was brought in to be the 3rd playoff goalie.

A couple of the Russian prospects looked intriguing, esp. the centre who looks just like Zhamnov - forget his name but he's beside Seitsonen.....

Old
06-08-2004, 10:08 PM
Rex88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44
The THN Draft Preview is must reading. The Flyers will have seen a lot of Seitsonen, since he plays with Beauchemin, who was brought in to be the 3rd playoff goalie.

A couple of the Russian prospects looked intriguing, esp. the centre who looks just like Zhamnov - forget his name but he's beside Seitsonen.....
Yunkov - a safe bet as a playmaking center - not flashy. Does sound familiar.
Some of these later guys will drop - always fun at the draft.

Old
06-15-2004, 07:08 PM
IronMarshal

After watching Kapanen all year, and the success of other Finns including their national teams, i like the way the Finns play. I'll take a Finn with our first pick (third round), and a few more.

Old
06-15-2004, 07:55 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMarshal
After watching Kapanen all year, and the success of other Finns including their national teams, i like the way the Finns play. I'll take a Finn with our first pick (third round), and a few more.
I love the way Finns play. In international competitions they are always in the hunt, no matter how much they're outmatched. The 2002 Olympics were an exception, but they got a bad draw with Canada in the quarterfinals.

Closed Thread