HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

NHL.com CBJ Prospect Article

Old
08-06-2008, 04:17 PM
FlaggerX

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSprague24 View Post
Auto racing's how I pass the summer. It was actually the first sport I got into, about 10 years before I lived & died for the CBJ.
The timing (start time) of the Rolex race at Mid-Ohio sucked, thanks to Mother Nature...just as they took the green flag, a huge storm moved in, which was a shame because I'd never been there for a Rolex race. My dad & I were in the hairpin & were among the crowd that ran to their cars to avoid getting blown away.

Still some good stuff coming from the Grand Am series, though.
I was there too, at corner station 16, where earlier in the day. You can read my my take on things here: http://everything2.com/node/1947255 . Personally, I like rain racing because anything can happen. But you must have good rain gear! I have a gore-tex suit, and even rubbers but I have to stand out there all day. On the other hand, ten feet from the racing surface is a pretty good place to see the action.

FlaggerX is offline   Reply With Quote