HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Ouch...Harsh words from Avery

Old
08-06-2008, 10:08 PM
Rusty Shackleford
Leafs Nation

vCash: 500
Funny a few months ago Rangers fans were backing every idiotic comment Avery made the past year or so, now they've gotten a taste of there own medicine and they don't like it.

Rusty Shackleford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2008, 10:10 PM
nyr7andcounting

Did you expect Avery to do anything different? It's how he acts. He said the same crap when he left LA. And if he leaves Dallas in 2 years, he'll say the same about them. Just hope Rangers fans don't take it personally. Most people loved him for his attitude, so you can't hate him for it just because he's not on your team anymore.

nyr7andcounting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2008, 10:11 PM
BlairBettsBlocks

its avery being avery
i loved when he would say stuff about other teams, but now, its against us.
he's already said numerous times that he still wants to live here in the offseason and he loves the city, even after he signed with dallas.
its not a big deal, he just took an offer that gave him an oppurtunity he couldnt pass up. in his mind, dallas is a real legit cup possibility, but more importantly, a legit cup possibility offering him more money then everyone else. good luck avery

BlairBettsBlocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2008, 10:13 PM
DonCherrysSuit
Powerplay Pass Party

I like Avery as much as I can like a player who isn't on my team. He will be one of the most valuable players on any team he plays for. We always said he was the kind of player you hate to play against, and now he's against us, so we can't act surprised that he's running his mouth.

DonCherrysSuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2008, 10:15 PM
Devils Dominion
Spend Harris' $ Lou

No slightly above average professional player gets more press then Mr. Vogue. How many playoff rounds have his teams won?

Devils Dominion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2008, 10:19 PM
ruckus*

I love the guy. Man I'll miss him.

Besides, can we wait for him to say something that isn't true before whining and acting like it's a big deal?

He's stating the obvious.

And even if he weren't, I'd love it. Cause he's the man. And I love how he pisses all of you off.

I really hope the Rangers win in October 4-3 in OT and Avery nets a hat trick and fists pumps his way across MSG ice to a chorus of boo's.

I'll be applauding.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2008, 10:20 PM
peanutbuttacallytime
#therightway

I dont really understand how anyones flipping out by this...this is avery being avery...gotta love it..

peanutbuttacallytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2008, 10:21 PM
ruckus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevsOwnYou View Post
No slightly above average professional player gets more press then Mr. Vogue. How many playoff rounds have his teams won?

You should remember at least one.

Old
08-06-2008, 10:25 PM
Theoren Fan

Send a message via AIM to Theoren Fan
I think they're more shots at Glen Sather and Glen Sather's recently constructed NY Rangers then the city of NY and the fans of the Rangers.

He wanted to stay here, but he felt like he deserved more money... and doesn't think the money they could have spend on him, which instead went to Nas and Wade, was money well spend. This next part is pretty much just speculation, but I'm pretty sure he would have also liked NY to pay the $$ for Jagr and maybe even Shanny. Those are locker room guys he liked, and they're both gone.

So, with Avery being Avery, he made sure he basically went on record to tell Sather "ya know what, you low ball Jags so he leaves, you drop Shanny, you low ball me, and break the bank on two guys who's production level has dropped every year for the past few years?? **** you"

I can't really say I blame Aves for feelin' the way he does. If he's talkin' about what I said above, then it's really the same things we've been arguing about on here all summer long.... so what, he goes public with it? Big deal. I still like the guy.

Theoren Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2008, 10:27 PM
Tender Rip
No cap on coaching!

Its by no means restricted to Rangers fans, but wow is the tribalism off the charts on issues like this!

Rangers are plain not as good as Dallas. They weren't last year where Dallas did better in a much stronger conference with its best defender out half the season, and they are now with an improved team compared to a Rangers teams that seems decimated to most outsiders.

If he had gone on about how his teammates or coach were *******s or how the city of New York was overrated and populated by morons, then I could understand the anger.

As it is he said something so obvious as to be trivial, and everyone knows that he had no problem with Rangers and would gladly have stayed if you had showed the money. He didn't quit on Rangers or its fans. Rangers quit on him.

Btw. I think Avery is an *******, but for the life of me I cannot see what is even up for critique here.

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2008, 10:28 PM
Devils Dominion
Spend Harris' $ Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post
You should remember at least one.
Yes I do! LOL.
You gotta admit Sean's popularity with rangers fans soared because of his eccentric antics.
His same antics would make him your fanbase's most hated foe if he would have signed with Philly, NYI or the Devils.
I am glad he is out of the Atlantic Division for sure.

Devils Dominion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2008, 10:35 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Shackleford View Post
Funny a few months ago Rangers fans were backing every idiotic comment Avery made the past year or so, now they've gotten a taste of there own medicine and they don't like it.
Did you read this thread? Most people don't seem to care. Why should they?

What's he going to say... I left a better team? Give me a break, it's just the cliche interview with a little Avery added into it, in where he decided to take a jab because he didn't leave on the best terms.

Why would any Rangers fan care about Dallas anyway? The only time we can face them when it would actually matter would be in a Cup final. The chances of something like this actually coming true are so slim it's not even worth mentioning really

I like Avery, but I'm not upset that he left. Sather did absolutely the right thing given the situation. Also, the whole fashion thing that he's gotten into is pretty stupid imo, and was becoming a distraction.

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2008, 10:39 PM
ruckus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by There's only one 66 View Post
Its by no means restricted to Rangers fans, but wow is the tribalism off the charts on issues like this!

Rangers are plain not as good as Dallas. They weren't last year where Dallas did better in a much stronger conference with its best defender out half the season, and they are now with an improved team compared to a Rangers teams that seems decimated to most outsiders.

If he had gone on about how his teammates or coach were *******s or how the city of New York was overrated and populated by morons, then I could understand the anger.

As it is he said something so obvious as to be trivial, and everyone knows that he had no problem with Rangers and would gladly have stayed if you had showed the money. He didn't quit on Rangers or its fans. Rangers quit on him.

Btw. I think Avery is an *******, but for the life of me I cannot see what is even up for critique here.

Bingo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevsOwnYou View Post
Yes I do! LOL.
You gotta admit Sean's popularity with rangers fans soared because of his eccentric antics.
His same antics would make him your fanbase's most hated foe if he would have signed with Philly, NYI or the Devils.
I am glad he is out of the Atlantic Division for sure.

I agree. Although I'm the exact kind of ***** that he is. So I've always enjoyed him, and players like him throughout the league. I like guys who are jerks. What can I say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theoren Fan View Post
I think they're more shots at Glen Sather and Glen Sather's recently constructed NY Rangers then the city of NY and the fans of the Rangers.

He wanted to stay here, but he felt like he deserved more money... and doesn't think the money they could have spend on him, which instead went to Nas and Wade, was money well spend. This next part is pretty much just speculation, but I'm pretty sure he would have also liked NY to pay the $$ for Jagr and maybe even Shanny. Those are locker room guys he liked, and they're both gone.

So, with Avery being Avery, he made sure he basically went on record to tell Sather "ya know what, you low ball Jags so he leaves, you drop Shanny, you low ball me, and break the bank on two guys who's production level has dropped every year for the past few years?? **** you"

I can't really say I blame Aves for feelin' the way he does. If he's talkin' about what I said above, then it's really the same things we've been arguing about on here all summer long.... so what, he goes public with it? Big deal. I still like the guy.
Bingo again.

Old
08-06-2008, 10:45 PM
ThirdEye

By the way, I've never seen one sentence that was pretty harmless get blown out of proportion so much.

But then again, it's mainly fans of other teams coming in here without even reading people's responses assuming we all turned on the guy or something. I think there were maybe two Rangers fans in this whole thread who flat out objected to his comments.

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2008, 11:01 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

I find it funny seeing the same people that flamed me a while back for calling Sean an ******* upon his signing all cry and go up in arms about it. Grow up. What he said was true in the context that Dallas is the better team RIGHT now. In the long term, however, it is a completely different story.

I Eat Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2008, 11:02 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Same old Sean

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2008, 11:06 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG the place to be View Post
If you go to tsn.ca there is a video clip of Sean Avery's press conference

when asked why he chose to go to dallas he said..."this is certainly a team that is better than the team I formerly played on..."

He must really have been on bad terms with Sather to low blow the team like that.

Puzzles me why he would say something like this regardless, does he want NYR fans to hate him???

Not sure its a low blow. Didn't Dallas go to the conference finals? Meanwhile the Rangers have lost three of their better players in Jagr, Straka and Shanahan.

Is Sean wrong?

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2008, 11:10 PM
in the hall

man what are you guys whining about?

there's a lot worse that could be said. he's being introduced to his new team, what do you expect? and lets be real now, he didn't say anything that isn't true.

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2008, 11:15 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall View Post
man what are you guys whining about?

there's a lot worse that could be said. he's being introduced to his new team, what do you expect? and lets be real now, he didn't say anything that isn't true.
Exactly.

Who cares? He's trying to endear himself to his new fans and teammates. And he will. I could care less what he says. I still like the guy, and at the moment Dallas IS a better team than us, I'm sorry to say. Why this has so many replies I don't understand...well, besides opposing fans who have nothing better to do coming over to gloat.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2008, 11:37 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:

when asked why he chose to go to dallas he said..."this is certainly a team that is better than the team I formerly played on..."

He must really have been on bad terms with Sather to low blow the team like that.

Puzzles me why he would say something like this regardless, does he want NYR fans to hate him???

It hurts a little more when you're on the opposite side of those comments that we ALL loved him for.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 12:24 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:

Huh? C'mon do you really think he cares about the fans???? Avery showed how he is just like the 90% other professional athletes in sports,...ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 01:24 AM
eco's bones

We all know what he's like, don't we? I don't know what people expect from him. IMO Dallas has a better team so I'd expect him to say something like that. I'm just glad that since we didn't sign him he's out of the frigging conference. If we'd be seeing him 8 times a year in a Flyers or Devils jersey then there'd be problems.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 01:25 AM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

This is Sean being Sean, we loved him for it, and hell, I still like the guy after these words.

If you hate him he's just doing his job.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 02:04 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

what's the big deal? Last year's Dallas team was a better team than last year's Rangers. Whether or not they are better than this year's Rangers team, well too many changes to know. We'll just have to wait and see. And can you blame him? Our team was lethargic without him in the lineup. I get tired of our team having no heart beat without that 'one' player. Todd Harvey was that guy at one point. It's stupid. We should be a good team regardless of who is on the IR.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 03:44 AM
Pogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
man this fanbase can be soft and sensitive at times
And that's why I love what it says under your name.

As for these comments: It's exactly the type of **** that we ate up and loved every second of it. It would be hypocritical to complain about it now that we're on the receiving end of it. Did anyone here believe that he/she were Sean Avery's soul mate and now feel offended by this? C'mon we always knew what he's about and shouldn't be surprised at all. Great guy to have on your team (as long as he's under control) and a ***** to play against. That should sum it up.

Pogo is offline   Reply With Quote