HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
06-15-2004, 02:12 PM
Diesel

vCash: 500
Trade Proposal

I KNOW that I'm going to get blasted for this, either for offering too much, or too little. But here goes. Let me know if you think this is fair from the Flyer's perspective, and whether or not you think that Washington would accept this.

To Philly

The 1st overall pick in the 2004 draft aka Alexander Ovechkin.

To Washington

Jeff Carter or Mike Richards, Stefan Ruzicka, and our first next year.

Old
06-15-2004, 02:23 PM
budscweizer16

Send a message via AIM to budscweizer16
hmm thats tough, i would go with Richards and Ruzika and our first for Ovechkin only if we got say a 2nd or 3rd round pick back or someone like Dainus Zubrus or maybe a combination, even then its kinda steep, and if i had to guess flyers faithfull would not like it.

Old
06-15-2004, 02:26 PM
Yertle The Turtle

Send a message via AIM to Yertle The Turtle Send a message via MSN to Yertle The Turtle Send a message via Yahoo to Yertle The Turtle
I wouldnt do that trade. Because We would be trading 2 possible first liners and a possible 2nd liner in ruzica. with a first round pick but i dont no how deep the draft is next year.The caps first pick could be good but not that good.

Old
06-15-2004, 02:30 PM
Pontifex Maximus*

Unless Jay Feaster takes over as the Caps GM, they would not do this deal. Ovechkin is obviously at a different level than Carter and as good as we think Ruzicka will be, he doesn't have enough value to even it up. Next year's pick will be in the later half of the 1st round. No deal.

Old
06-15-2004, 02:31 PM
Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerfreak941
I wouldnt do that trade. Because We would be trading 2 possible first liners and a possible 2nd liner in ruzica. with a first round pick but i dont no how deep the draft is next year.The caps first pick could be good but not that good.
the trade, as stated, would be Carter OR Richards, not both. If Washington asked for both I'd say no thanks. Not that anything like this would come to fruition, anyway. Its just that its no fun not having a 1st round pick this time of year so I figured I'd throw something out there to talk about. Thats all.

Old
06-15-2004, 02:33 PM
Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus
Unless Jay Feaster takes over as the Caps GM, they would not do this deal. Ovechkin is obviously at a different level than Carter and as good as we think Ruzicka will be, he doesn't have enough value to even it up. Next year's pick will be in the later half of the 1st round. No deal.
This ALWAYS happens. Rarely is there anyone that says something like "eh, this deal is ok". Its either "I hate this deal, Clarkie would be stupid to make it" or "[insert other team here] would be insane to take that.

Old
06-15-2004, 03:40 PM
Steve L*

Id do it in a flash, however its another story if the Caps want to do it.

Old
06-15-2004, 04:10 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
lol, no way the caps would do that. oveckhin is in another world...

Old
06-15-2004, 04:22 PM
Yertle The Turtle

Send a message via AIM to Yertle The Turtle Send a message via MSN to Yertle The Turtle Send a message via Yahoo to Yertle The Turtle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
the trade, as stated, would be Carter OR Richards, not both. If Washington asked for both I'd say no thanks. Not that anything like this would come to fruition, anyway. Its just that its no fun not having a 1st round pick this time of year so I figured I'd throw something out there to talk about. Thats all.
OOO then defintely i would do this trade. No doubt in my mind.

Old
06-15-2004, 04:25 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerfreak941
It Caps pick, could be Crosby...

Although the offer was our first, which I dont think I would do.

Old
06-15-2004, 05:16 PM
FlyersGuy69

Send a message via AIM to FlyersGuy69
it would be close if Clarke offered both Richards and Carter, Ruzicka, our 1st rounder in 05. I think that the Caps would definitely consider it but ultimately turn it down because Ovechkin is the best player in the deal. period.

me personally, I don't think that I would sell the farm to do this deal even as good as Ovechkin is. having a possible super star player like Ovechkin would be great but I think that having quality skill up and down your lineup wins you Cups.

Old
06-15-2004, 11:04 PM
Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
It Caps pick, could be Crosby...

Although the offer was our first, which I dont think I would do.
Unless I am misunderstanding you, I think you are confused. Crosby isn't eligable for this draft... he will be the first overall pick in the 2005 draft. We don't have a first round pick this year, so the offer includes our 1st next year, which will most likely late-middle to late in the first round. For Ovechkin, I'd do it.

Closed Thread