HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The HF Boards New York Rangers Completed Lineup

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-07-2008, 01:05 PM
  #1
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,258
vCash: 500
The HF Boards New York Rangers Completed Lineup

You guys voted for it, here are the results...

Markus Naslund (52.83%) - Scotty Gomez (91.67%) - Nikolai Zherdev (78.02%)
Nigel Dawes (72.29%) - Chris Drury (54.48%) - Petr Prucha (40.91%)
Dan Fritsche (45.21%) - Brandon Dubinsky (93.15%) - Ryan Callahan (63.08%)
Freddy Sjostrom (56.52%) - Blair Betts (94.92%) - Aaron Voros (42.71%)
Colton Orr (58.18%)
Patrick Rissmiller (60.66%)

Marc Staal (59.22%) - Wade Redden (75.00%)
Michal Rozsival (66.67%) - Daniel Girardi (73.91%)
Paul Mara (52.31%) - Dimitri Kalinin (88.89%)
Thomas Pock (75.61%)


Henrik Lundqvist (No poll necessary)
Stephen Valiquette (No poll necessary)

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 01:07 PM
  #2
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,258
vCash: 500
My first impressions are this, its more or less the lineup I would go with with 2 small exceptions. 1) Patrick Rismiller would be in Hartford or waived and picked up by some other team (hes totally unnecessary imho) and 2) Dawes and Naslund would be flip flopped. There is no way I could stomach Dawes and Prucha on the same line. That 2nd line would be atrocious imho.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 01:07 PM
  #3
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 21,043
vCash: 500
Those are some pretty worrisome forward lines apart from the first one. A big reason why I'd rather see Naslund and Zherdov broken up...

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 01:08 PM
  #4
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,258
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Those are some pretty worrisome forward lines apart from the first one. A big reason why I'd rather see Naslund and Zherdov broken up...
its the 2nd line that worries me. I really like the 3rd and 4th lines though. That 3rd line is exactly what most of us want, a tough nosed north american styled line with speed, youth, grit, size, skill, etc. I love that 3rd line.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 01:10 PM
  #5
FutureGM97
Registered User
 
FutureGM97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Connecticut, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,833
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
its the 2nd line that worries me. I really like the 3rd and 4th lines though. That 3rd line is exactly what most of us want, a tough nosed north american styled line with speed, youth, grit, size, skill, etc. I love that 3rd line.
id rather but Sjostrom on the third line instead of Callahan but thats just me.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 01:13 PM
  #6
McRanger
Registered User
 
McRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
My first impressions are this, its more or less the lineup I would go with with 2 small exceptions. 1) Patrick Rismiller would be in Hartford or waived and picked up by some other team (hes totally unnecessary imho) and 2) Dawes and Naslund would be flip flopped. There is no way I could stomach Dawes and Prucha on the same line. That 2nd line would be atrocious imho.
I would rather flip Zherdev with Prucha (or anyone else), put a puck rusher like Zherdev on the line with Drury and another pure finisher with Gomez.

McRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 01:15 PM
  #7
9darter
Soft Euro
 
9darter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Göteborg
Country: Sweden
Posts: 662
vCash: 500
Don't worry, if last season was anything to go by we'll see all these suggested line combos plus twenty more before Christmas!

9darter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 01:15 PM
  #8
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
My first impressions are this, its more or less the lineup I would go with with 2 small exceptions. 1) Patrick Rismiller would be in Hartford or waived and picked up by some other team (hes totally unnecessary imho) and 2) Dawes and Naslund would be flip flopped. There is no way I could stomach Dawes and Prucha on the same line. That 2nd line would be atrocious imho.

How many free agents are courted, signed within 2 hours of being a free agent, to be waived right after training camp?

I said it in another thread...short of forgetting how to skate Rissmiller is starting the season with the Rangers,

I agree he is unnecessary (especially when Korpikoski my personal favorite prospect is going to get the squeeze) but Rissmiller is going to be Rangers player...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 01:23 PM
  #9
9darter
Soft Euro
 
9darter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Göteborg
Country: Sweden
Posts: 662
vCash: 500
I can't wait for the season to start, if only to see Fritsche, Voros, and Rissmiller play so I can form an opinion. It bugs me to be unable to comment on these guys (unless I'm drunk of course...).

9darter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 01:28 PM
  #10
D713B
Registered User
 
D713B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,624
vCash: 500
Whats the cap number on that lineup?

D713B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 01:33 PM
  #11
GAGLine
Registered User
 
GAGLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
How many free agents are courted, signed within 2 hours of being a free agent, to be waived right after training camp?

I said it in another thread...short of forgetting how to skate Rissmiller is starting the season with the Rangers,

I agree he is unnecessary (especially when Korpikoski my personal favorite prospect is going to get the squeeze) but Rissmiller is going to be Rangers player...
You were fond of pointing out in that other thread that Rissmiller's place on the team will be determined by more than training camp. If you are right, then the same can be said for Korpikoski. Maybe they feel he needs another year in Hartford and Rissmiller is a stop-gap until Korp is ready.

It's often been said they want to see a prospect dominate at his current level before moving to the next level. I don't think anyone can say the Korp dominated in the AHL last year.

Either way it goes, I don't see it as Rissmiller blocking anyone. The kids are either ready or they aren't. If they are, they will get a chance.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 01:37 PM
  #12
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,957
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9darter View Post
I can't wait for the season to start, if only to see Fritsche, Voros, and Rissmiller play so I can form an opinion. It bugs me to be unable to comment on these guys (unless I'm drunk of course...).
Agreed. Some posters here are judging these guys like theyve watched them play 4 years.

But, i'll agree that one of the Voros, Rissmiller moves was unnecessary.

Judging by numbers alone we should expect Rissmiller to get more time than Voros, considering he played 70 games in back to back seasons for a good Sharks team and he was on their top PK unit. Those are facts, which is why i see him as more of a lock on this team than Voros or Orr.

But those top two lines have to be reconfigured IMO. Too top heavy. That second line does scare me and if Zherdev is getting first line minutes - he'll get his points, but he better be good enough in the defensive zone to warrant those minutes.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 01:38 PM
  #13
TomLaidlaw
Registered User
 
TomLaidlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Transylvania
Country: Romania
Posts: 3,176
vCash: 500
-I like the 3rd line.

-2nd line worries me

-If Orr isn't in the lineup that might be the softest lineup in the league.

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 02:06 PM
  #14
otto1219
Registered User
 
otto1219's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 998
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomLaidlaw View Post
-I like the 3rd line.

-2nd line worries me

-If Orr isn't in the lineup that might be the softest lineup in the league.
i still dont get everyones love of orr? i dont remember him even dropping the gloves the second half of the year and his presence in the lineup is only negated because of his lack of talent.

otto1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 02:13 PM
  #15
GAGLine
Registered User
 
GAGLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Judging by numbers alone we should expect Rissmiller to get more time than Voros, considering he played 70 games in back to back seasons for a good Sharks team and he was on their top PK unit. Those are facts, which is why i see him as more of a lock on this team than Voros or Orr.
I see it as the complete opposite. Voros was signed to a 3 year deal while Rissmiller only got a 1 year deal. Rissmiller may have played the whole season for San Jose, but it was only his 2nd full season despite the fact that he will turn 30 in October. Maybe he's just a really late bloomer, but to me that indicates he is a marginal player that could easily lose his spot if someone else shows they are a better fit.

Voros is 27, but considering he had to fight through cancer to make it to the NHL, I'm willing to cut him some slack on his development.

Orr may be on his way out. If he is, then he will likely be replaced by Voros rather than Rissmiller. Voros had 141 PIM in 55 games. Rissmiller had 30 PIM in 79 games.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 02:19 PM
  #16
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,957
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
I see it as the complete opposite. Voros was signed to a 3 year deal while Rissmiller only got a 1 year deal. Rissmiller may have played the whole season for San Jose, but it was only his 2nd full season despite the fact that he will turn 30 in October. Maybe he's just a really late bloomer, but to me that indicates he is a marginal player that could easily lose his spot if someone else shows they are a better fit.

Voros is 27, but considering he had to fight through cancer to make it to the NHL, I'm willing to cut him some slack on his development.

Orr may be on his way out. If he is, then he will likely be replaced by Voros rather than Rissmiller. Voros had 141 PIM in 55 games. Rissmiller had 30 PIM in 79 games.
So be it.

I don't think itll make a huge difference either way you look at it.

Hopefully the best man for the job gets it.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 02:25 PM
  #17
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,682
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
I see it as the complete opposite. Voros was signed to a 3 year deal while Rissmiller only got a 1 year deal. Rissmiller may have played the whole season for San Jose, but it was only his 2nd full season despite the fact that he will turn 30 in October. Maybe he's just a really late bloomer, but to me that indicates he is a marginal player that could easily lose his spot if someone else shows they are a better fit.

Voros is 27, but considering he had to fight through cancer to make it to the NHL, I'm willing to cut him some slack on his development.

Orr may be on his way out. If he is, then he will likely be replaced by Voros rather than Rissmiller. Voros had 141 PIM in 55 games. Rissmiller had 30 PIM in 79 games.
Did they not sign Rissmiller to play him????????............come on people he will not be sent to Hartford or released

This just buys another yr for the Hartford crew that should be ready next yr for sure................I would imagine Betts, Orr, Rissmiller are gondie after this yr AND Korpikoski, Byers, Amisinev replace them

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 02:31 PM
  #18
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 21,043
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
its the 2nd line that worries me. I really like the 3rd and 4th lines though. That 3rd line is exactly what most of us want, a tough nosed north american styled line with speed, youth, grit, size, skill, etc. I love that 3rd line.
Well yeah, it was more the worry that if the second line is weak, the third line isn't really good enough to pick up the offensive slack. If the top two lines are strong, then the third line looks good.

Or in other words, that third line isn't good enough to be the second line if the real second line fails

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 02:32 PM
  #19
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 21,043
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Did they not sign Rissmiller to play him????????............come on people he will not be sent to Hartford or released

This just buys another yr for the Hartford crew that should be ready next yr for sure................I would imagine Betts, Orr, Rissmiller are gondie after this yr AND Korpikoski, Byers, Amisinev replace them
They've signed guys before and just put them in Hartford. Remember Richter?

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 02:35 PM
  #20
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,626
vCash: 500
Don't see us rolling 14 forwards.

Also can't see Rissmiller sitting in the press box after just being signed, but stranger things have happened.

Looking at that lineup, it seems logical that a couple players would be packaged and moved for a top-six winger-- albeit not a highly touted one. Probably someone serviceable that is close to the end of an inexpensive contract.

Obviously the acquisitions of Rissmiller and Voros are puzzling, but I hope there is some sort of plan coming to fruition here.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 02:50 PM
  #21
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
They've signed guys before and just put them in Hartford. Remember Richter?
Martin Richter?

He was Rangers property who the team took a shot on (for league minimum on a two way contract) much diffrent then signing a guy the first few hours of free agency, paying him $1M bucks a year to only waive him.....Does that happen with unrestricted free agents that sign with a new team? I can't think of a guy

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 02:57 PM
  #22
Bobby Granger
Registered User
 
Bobby Granger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 409
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bobby Granger
I don't like the lines. Dawes and gomez worked good together all last year. Y break up chemistry?? I rather had kori on the second line then prucha. All you hear is "down goes prucha". "Aww prucha got leveled into the boards". As much as I like him the dawes-drury-prucha. Didn't work last year. N won't again this year. Prucha would play good wit zhedrev and nazgul should play with dawes and gomez. I thik sjo earned a 3rd line position with cally. Man that would be a fast line and a great forchecking. Line with dubi out there to. But hey I'm sure everyone will play with everyone before the season is over. And the way renney does his lines. Its like larry brown squared. But hopefully not the same record

Bobby Granger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 03:12 PM
  #23
GAGLine
Registered User
 
GAGLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Did they not sign Rissmiller to play him????????............come on people he will not be sent to Hartford or released

This just buys another yr for the Hartford crew that should be ready next yr for sure................I would imagine Betts, Orr, Rissmiller are gondie after this yr AND Korpikoski, Byers, Amisinev replace them
Whether Rissmiller plays in NY or Hartford really isn't the question. There are a lot of people complaining that the Rissmiller signing makes no sense because he is blocking one of our kids from making the team. It is my assertion (and others) that this is not the case.

Either Rissmiller is a stop gap because the kids aren't ready, or one or more of the kids show that they are ready in training camp and earn a spot, making Rissmiller expendable. Does that mean he'll be waived and sent to Hartford? Maybe. Or maybe he'll be packaged in a trade. Or maybe it will be someone else entirely who doesn't make the team. Maybe Prucha gets traded to make room. I don't know. The point is that signing Rissmiller doesn't block the kids from earning a spot if they are ready.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 04:43 PM
  #24
NYReign
Registered User
 
NYReign's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York, New York
Country: United States
Posts: 896
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McRanger View Post
I would rather flip Zherdev with Prucha (or anyone else), put a puck rusher like Zherdev on the line with Drury and another pure finisher with Gomez.
Agreed. I don't think Renney will realize that from the start but if those lines don't work I think this is a logical correction. Hopefully we won't need correcting this year and our lines will be solid from the start instead of taking a few months...

edit: I also don't really want Rissmiller around but we may as well bring him to camp and see if he can help the PK because we lost Shanny, Straka and Avery from that unit so someone has to replace them. I didn't realize Rissmiller was one of the top Sharks' PK guys while I've been criticizing his signing the last few weeks but I'm guessing that was the reason he was signed and I missed it for awhile...

NYReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 04:48 PM
  #25
Lundqvist=Vezina
Legendary
 
Lundqvist=Vezina's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: My world
Country: United States
Posts: 5,226
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist=Vezina
The additions of Voros and Rissmiller were to attempt to give the team a 4th line that could possibly score. The other teams knew that there was no chance the Rangers would score when the 4th line was out there last season. Voros can fight and can play better offensively than Orr. Rissmiller put up ok numbers for a 4th liner.

Lundqvist=Vezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:20 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.