HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Individual Game Tickets For Sale Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-07-2008, 01:14 PM
  #76
Rangers2319
Registered User
 
Rangers2319's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 616
vCash: 500
A little update for those who are on the waitlist for season tickets. I just spoke with a rep and he told me that the department is behind schedule and he said they won't be offering tickets to waitlist members until the first week of september.

Rangers2319 is offline  
Old
08-07-2008, 01:32 PM
  #77
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,662
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers2319 View Post
A little update for those who are on the waitlist for season tickets. I just spoke with a rep and he told me that the department is behind schedule and he said they won't be offering tickets to waitlist members until the first week of september.
What does that even mean that they are "behind schedule"? Season subscribers haven't even called in for their upgrades yet, so I don't see how they can start calling those on the waitlist until after all the renewals and upgrades are complete.

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
08-07-2008, 02:35 PM
  #78
Rangers2319
Registered User
 
Rangers2319's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
What does that even mean that they are "behind schedule"? Season subscribers haven't even called in for their upgrades yet, so I don't see how they can start calling those on the waitlist until after all the renewals and upgrades are complete.
Well on the website and from what the guy told me last time was that they would be calling waitlist members in August. When I called him today he said the whole process got delayed and there behind schedule, i guess they were suppose to have all those upgrades done but like i said he told me there behind schedule, i dont know how much clearer i can make that.

Rangers2319 is offline  
Old
08-08-2008, 12:48 PM
  #79
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,662
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers2319 View Post
Well on the website and from what the guy told me last time was that they would be calling waitlist members in August. When I called him today he said the whole process got delayed and there behind schedule, i guess they were suppose to have all those upgrades done but like i said he told me there behind schedule, i dont know how much clearer i can make that.
You are clear...but what you were told makes absolutely no sense. Every year season subscribers call in sometime in early August for their upgrades...this year its next week. So by the 15th they'll know where all the current subscribers stand. At that point they could begin contacting waitlist people to offer available seats. Perhaps there is another reason why they won't be able to begin that process on Monday the 18th?

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
08-08-2008, 02:15 PM
  #80
abev
HFBoards Sponsor
 
abev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
You are clear...but what you were told makes absolutely no sense. Every year season subscribers call in sometime in early August for their upgrades...this year its next week. So by the 15th they'll know where all the current subscribers stand. At that point they could begin contacting waitlist people to offer available seats. Perhaps there is another reason why they won't be able to begin that process on Monday the 18th?
I have 2 season tickets and requested 2 more for this season. My day to call in is Weds Aug 13. I don't have that much tenure so maybe I am towards the end of the exisiting subscribers list.

abev is online now  
Old
08-09-2008, 03:31 AM
  #81
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,662
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
I have 2 season tickets and requested 2 more for this season. My day to call in is Weds Aug 13. I don't have that much tenure so maybe I am towards the end of the exisiting subscribers list.
I'm right there with you, only I call in a day earlier.

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
08-09-2008, 08:17 AM
  #82
TrueBlueNorwegian
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Norway
Posts: 351
vCash: 500
I am finally going to N.Y again some time this fall. Im thinking it will be in November and i want to catch the Lightning-Rangers game at MSG on the 6th(?). Can somebody give me some advice as to how/where I should look for tickets? (I need 2 tickets, any price range).
When do they go on sale?
Where can i get them?

TrueBlueNorwegian is offline  
Old
08-09-2008, 11:56 AM
  #83
MiniRide
Registered User
 
MiniRide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 120
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlueNorwegian View Post
I am finally going to N.Y again some time this fall. Im thinking it will be in November and i want to catch the Lightning-Rangers game at MSG on the 6th(?). Can somebody give me some advice as to how/where I should look for tickets? (I need 2 tickets, any price range).
When do they go on sale?
Where can i get them?
They go on sale early-mid september, You can also find them on ebay, stubhub or here

MiniRide is offline  
Old
08-10-2008, 01:14 PM
  #84
TrueBlueNorwegian
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Norway
Posts: 351
vCash: 500
Thanks Miniride Im getting my tickets first, then im going to plan my trip around that. I want to arrive in N.Y on Nov 2nd and go back to Norway on the 9th, so the Lightning-Rangers game would fit perfectly.

TrueBlueNorwegian is offline  
Old
08-11-2008, 03:59 PM
  #85
ThreeStars
Registered User
 
ThreeStars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Melbourne, Oz
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 327
vCash: 500
Does anyone here have any idea when pre-season tickets will be on sale? I want to try to get to the Sens pre-season matchup against the Rangers on 22nd Sept. but I haven't yet seen any ticket info. Do they just go on sale with the rest of the individual tickets, or is it a case of waiting until all the season ticket holders are sorted? Thanks for any info.

ThreeStars is offline  
Old
08-11-2008, 04:37 PM
  #86
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,662
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeStars View Post
Does anyone here have any idea when pre-season tickets will be on sale? I want to try to get to the Sens pre-season matchup against the Rangers on 22nd Sept. but I haven't yet seen any ticket info. Do they just go on sale with the rest of the individual tickets, or is it a case of waiting until all the season ticket holders are sorted? Thanks for any info.
Honestly the last thing you should do is pay full price + ticketmaster surcharges for pre-season games that the Garden will be half empty for. Just get them from someone here for no more than face. Looking for a pair? You can have mine at the season subscriber rate.

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
08-11-2008, 04:39 PM
  #87
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,662
vCash: 500
Anyone call in today for a seating upgrade? I'm up tomorrow and was wondering if any of the long tenured subscribers had any success. With ticket prices reaching astronomical levels I have to think some of us will get decent upgrades in the 200s, 300s and 400s. Basically anywhere that isn't corporate. I'm guessing my pair in the 100s isn't getting upgraded...but I hope to add some new seats in the 300s or 400s.

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
08-11-2008, 05:05 PM
  #88
nyrmetros
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5,351
vCash: 500
So, if you have season tix in the 400 level and are looking to sell at face, let me know which games are available.


I know opening night is a joke for face, but I'm gonna throw it out there anyway.

nyrmetros is offline  
Old
08-11-2008, 06:54 PM
  #89
Smashley
Registered User
 
Smashley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rawlbany, NY
Country: Latvia
Posts: 2,751
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
So, if you have season tix in the 400 level and are looking to sell at face, let me know which games are available.


I know opening night is a joke for face, but I'm gonna throw it out there anyway.
Your FACE is a Joke!




.....Sorry you set me up for it.

Smashley is offline  
Old
08-11-2008, 11:00 PM
  #90
mti79
Registered User
 
mti79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,257
vCash: 50
Just wondering about the upgrade process.... if you have 2 seats and request 2 more, do you have to give up your original 2 for 4 together or can you just pick up an extra set somewhere else in the arena? Thanks for any help...

mti79 is offline  
Old
08-11-2008, 11:50 PM
  #91
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,662
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mti79 View Post
Just wondering about the upgrade process.... if you have 2 seats and request 2 more, do you have to give up your original 2 for 4 together or can you just pick up an extra set somewhere else in the arena? Thanks for any help...
Your choice. If you have a pair and want to add another pair, you can simply add the second pair to your account. If you want 4 together (and they are available) you would give up your original pair to get the 4 new seats. That's assuming they go by their policy of 4 seats per account...which is either something new, or something they haven't always enforced, since there are people who have as many as 6 or 8 seats.

Last season I had the option of taking 4 together, but the location wasn't as good as my current pair, so I held off. This year I will at the very least be adding a couple seats to my existing pair, even if they are in a different section.

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
08-12-2008, 10:10 AM
  #92
ThreeStars
Registered User
 
ThreeStars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Melbourne, Oz
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 327
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Honestly the last thing you should do is pay full price + ticketmaster surcharges for pre-season games that the Garden will be half empty for. Just get them from someone here for no more than face. Looking for a pair? You can have mine at the season subscriber rate.
I might just take you up on that offer Do pre-season go for the same rate as regular season?

ThreeStars is offline  
Old
08-12-2008, 11:58 AM
  #93
ruckus*
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 3,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McRanger View Post
Anyone interested in buying a whole mini plan (22 games) let me know. I am not going to be around for most of the season and do not want to give up my plan. I'll sell the whole thing for around cost, and throw a playoff game per round as well. 2 seats in the 400's.

I PM'ed you

ruckus* is offline  
Old
08-12-2008, 01:08 PM
  #94
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,662
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeStars View Post
I might just take you up on that offer Do pre-season go for the same rate as regular season?
Unfortunately, yes. One of my biggest pet peaves. If playoffs games go for more money than regular season games, it seems to me that pre-season games should go for less. But they're all about the $.

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
08-12-2008, 01:52 PM
  #95
ThreeStars
Registered User
 
ThreeStars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Melbourne, Oz
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 327
vCash: 500
Hmmmm, I best start sweet-talking my bf now then, this could take some extra work.

ThreeStars is offline  
Old
08-12-2008, 03:31 PM
  #96
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,662
vCash: 500
Just got off the phone with the Rangers. I'm told 1668 Subscribers requested upgrades this year. Today was the 2nd day of call ins for upgrades/relocation requests, and they will continue though the end of the week.

For anyone who is interested, I'll have plenty of tickets available in Sections 112 and 328...first 3 rows in both sections.

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
08-12-2008, 03:31 PM
  #97
mti79
Registered User
 
mti79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,257
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Anyone call in today for a seating upgrade? I'm up tomorrow and was wondering if any of the long tenured subscribers had any success. With ticket prices reaching astronomical levels I have to think some of us will get decent upgrades in the 200s, 300s and 400s. Basically anywhere that isn't corporate. I'm guessing my pair in the 100s isn't getting upgraded...but I hope to add some new seats in the 300s or 400s.
Don't forget to let us know how you did....

EDIT: Wow... that's timing... ha ha

mti79 is offline  
Old
08-12-2008, 03:46 PM
  #98
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,662
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mti79 View Post
Don't forget to let us know how you did....

EDIT: Wow... that's timing... ha ha
indeed. i added a pair in 328, row C. the rep i spoke with was really good, much better than the last couple of years. he talked to me for 15 minutes. he would have stayed on even longer but i let him go as i knew there were a lot of other people calling in. they hired an extra 3 or 4 people to handle the calls this year, so things should go smoothly.

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
08-12-2008, 05:55 PM
  #99
Rangers2319
Registered User
 
Rangers2319's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 616
vCash: 500
I have a question, nothing against you broadwayblue but this is a general statement towards the rangers, why the hell do they give season subscribers another set of tickets when he or she already has season tickets i feel its only right to give them out to people who dont have them then whatever is left should be given extra to the people that want more, an upgrade in my mind is moving down to a lower section not adding on another set of season tickets.

Rangers2319 is offline  
Old
08-12-2008, 06:07 PM
  #100
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,662
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers2319 View Post
I have a question, nothing against you broadwayblue but this is a general statement towards the rangers, why the hell do they give season subscribers another set of tickets when he or she already has season tickets i feel its only right to give them out to people who dont have them then whatever is left should be given extra to the people that want more, an upgrade in my mind is moving down to a lower section not adding on another set of season tickets.
Fair question. But do you think that a season subscriber should only be entitled to a pair of seats? What if someone wants 4 so they can go as a family, or with friends? Plus, why should someone on the waiting list get seating location priority over someone who has been a subscriber for years?

The Rangers limit each account to 4 seats, which they enforce when there is a waiting list. If a subscriber has fewer than 4 they have the option on a yearly basis to add seats as long as they comply with the rules. In my case, I only had a pair and wanted more. I don't see anything wrong with that, and as far as I know just about every sports franchise allows subscribers to have at least 4 seats in their account. The Rangers rep told me that they must enforce the 4 ticket rule currently because there are people waiting for tickets, and they are holding money from those people.

If you want to be upset with something, I guess it could be that they allow people with more than 4 seats to continue to hold them even now, when people are on a waitlist. I guess the counter to that argument is that those people spent their money on the tickets when there wasn't as much of a demand for them, so why should they be penalized now and be required to give them up?

broadwayblue is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:30 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.