HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Nikolai Zherdev

Old
08-08-2008, 12:13 AM
blueliner94

vCash: 500
Nikolai Zherdev

Does he even know that he is a Ranger? haha But in all seriousness has anyone heard or have any translations on him acknoledging he was traded hes happy etc for all we know hes like well **** that................

blueliner94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2008, 12:20 AM
otto1219

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueliner94 View Post
Does he even know that he is a Ranger? haha But in all seriousness has anyone heard or have any translations on him acknoledging he was traded hes happy etc for all we know hes like well **** that................
is this a serious thread? obviously he knows hes been traded to the rangers. he barely speaks english but realizes that hes been traded to a contender im sure hes as happy as fritzche who on record was "ecstatic"

otto1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2008, 12:29 AM
blueliner94

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto1219 View Post
is this a serious thread? obviously he knows hes been traded to the rangers. he barely speaks english but realizes that hes been traded to a contender im sure hes as happy as fritzche who on record was "ecstatic"
Yea its a serious thread. With all the KHL talks his buddy Rad going over there etc just find it puzzling that he had not commented that he got traded off a team I do remember him not being happy about.

blueliner94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2008, 02:23 AM
czechmate25

Zherdev is going to finally have his break out year and lead the team in scoring with 25+ goals and 45+ assists.

czechmate25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2008, 07:31 AM
cbjgirl
Just thinking

Don't be surprised to not hear anything from Zherdev. That is the way it was in Columbus. IIRC, he did one taped (not live) interview in the studio with an interpreter and spent most of the time staring at the floor. If you hear anything it would probably be released through his agent.

The CBJ did a pregame Jumbotron bit where it went through all the players saying "I will". The marketing theme last year was "Carry the flag", so during pregame they would show a movie clip, then the phrase "When that man falls, who will carry the flag?" (Matthew Broderick in some Civil War movie) followed by the players responses. We (the fans) were pleasantly surprised the first time we saw Nik say "I will." Sort of a "wow, he does speak some English".

Zherdev comes across as a very private / shy type of player who really isn't comfortable talking to the media at all.

cbjgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2008, 07:32 AM
free0717

hopefully Nicky has a great year, loves his teamates and linemates, and loves living in NYC so much that he doesnt want to go back to Russia.

Believe me, next year, Nicky will have a ton of offers from the KHL

free0717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2008, 08:11 AM
SPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by free0717 View Post
hopefully Nicky has a great year, loves his teamates and linemates, and loves living in NYC so much that he doesnt want to go back to Russia.

Believe me, next year, Nicky will have a ton of offers from the KHL
You're right. He definitely will, and he's a FA.

SPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2008, 08:19 AM
shoothepuck
NY Raiders AMNRL

Who cares if he speaks at all, just as long as he's up for some hockey.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2008, 08:27 AM
AK2794

I'm really excited to see this guy in a Rangers uniform. He has world class skills, is still very young, and should only improve. I think being in NY and having access to Brooklyn (Brighton) will be a nice plus for him. He will most likely feel a lot more comfortable here, and I think him on a line with Gomez and whoever else will be pretty fun to watch.

Sure he may recieve offers from the KHL after this season, but I think Sather has liked him for a few years now, and if all goes well this season, I can see Sather hooking him up nicely. Plus, he might be excited to be part of a .young Russian core next year that should feature Cherry and Anisimov

AK2794 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2008, 08:30 AM
zestystrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbjgirl View Post
(Matthew Broderick in some Civil War movie)
Glory - it won at least 1 Oscar.

zestystrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2008, 08:35 AM
cbjgirl
Just thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by zestystrat View Post
Glory - it won at least 1 Oscar.
Not to turn this into a CBJ media thread, but I found what I was talking about in the previous post on-line.

Go to www.bluejackets.com Select the Multimedia dropdown menu, then Blue Jackets TV. Another window will open... If you go to the Archive Library pg 18 there is the Opening Night 2007 video.

Something else of interest to Rangers' fans would be the "At Home with the Blue Jackets" feature on Danny Fritsche. Archive Library pg 12. Fritsche has also done some ads: Jackets Insider tab, scroll down to "Ads".

Old
08-08-2008, 08:39 AM
DevFan-RU-

Send a message via AIM to DevFan-RU-
Quote:
Don't be surprised to not hear anything from Zherdev. That is the way it was in Columbus. IIRC, he did one taped (not live) interview in the studio with an interpreter and spent most of the time staring at the floor. If you hear anything it would probably be released through his agent.

The CBJ did a pregame Jumbotron bit where it went through all the players saying "I will". The marketing theme last year was "Carry the flag", so during pregame they would show a movie clip, then the phrase "When that man falls, who will carry the flag?" (Matthew Broderick in some Civil War movie) followed by the players responses. We (the fans) were pleasantly surprised the first time we saw Nik say "I will." Sort of a "wow, he does speak some English".

Zherdev comes across as a very private / shy type of player who really isn't comfortable talking to the media at all.
And he's going to be playing for a New York Sports Team?

DevFan-RU- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2008, 08:47 AM
Mr Bojanglez

Quote:
Originally Posted by czechmate25 View Post
Zherdev is going to finally have his break out year and lead the team in scoring with 25+ goals and 45+ assists.
that's a breakout? I think he's good for 30 goals and 35 assists. Which would be good for career highs (barely). I think he'll have more of a scoring role on this team, maybe I'm wrong here? in 2009-2010 I can see him breaking out.

Eitherway he is super talented and I'm extremely jealous he's on your team.

Mr Bojanglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2008, 08:50 AM
McRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevFan-RU- View Post
And he's going to be playing for a New York Sports Team?
I can't speak for Renney or Sather but yes, I believe the plan was for him to play for the Rangers.

McRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2008, 09:03 AM
DonCherrysSuit
Powerplay Pass Party

Going to the CBJ site to find that video made me realize how comparatively expensive Rangers tickets are. I wish we had all you can eat nights, MSG makes the best knishes.

DonCherrysSuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2008, 09:08 AM
DevFan-RU-

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRanger View Post
I can't speak for Renney or Sather but yes, I believe the plan was for him to play for the Rangers.
I know that. But what I meant was that he is playing on a New York Sports Team. And he is a bit shy and cannot speak english (confidently) and is not comfortable with media attention?

Old
08-08-2008, 09:08 AM
Levitate

There was a statement released through his agent around the time of the trade. Someone along the lines of him being surprised, since he was feeling comfortable and good with Columbus, but that he was excited to be joining the Rangers

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2008, 09:14 AM
cbjgirl
Just thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo23 View Post
Going to the CBJ site to find that video made me realize how comparatively expensive Rangers tickets are. I wish we had all you can eat nights, MSG makes the best knishes.
Ok, to get the all you can eat nights all you have to do is have a crappy team for 7 years, never make the playoffs, and have declining ticket sales. (I'm allowed to say that since we've been season ticket holders since the beginning ).

Old
08-08-2008, 09:26 AM
DonCherrysSuit
Powerplay Pass Party

Quote:
Ok, to get the all you can eat nights all you have to do is have a crappy team for 7 years, never make the playoffs, and have declining ticket sales. (I'm allowed to say that since we've been season ticket holders since the beginning ).
Heh, the pre-lockout Rangers certainly meet the first two criteria. But however the Rangers do, their ticket sales will never decline, that's how they get away with ripping us off and treating their fans as stingily as they do.

Last edited by DonCherrysSuit: 08-08-2008 at 10:13 AM.
DonCherrysSuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2008, 10:02 AM
otto1219

Quote:
I know that. But what I meant was that he is playing on a New York Sports Team. And he is a bit shy and cannot speak english (confidently) and is not comfortable with media attention?
i really dont think he speaks any english, he will probably be left alone by the media.

otto1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2008, 10:22 AM
DevFan-RU-

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto1219 View Post
i really dont think he speaks any english, he will probably be left alone by the media.
It IS a New York Sports Team... like they ever just leave players "alone".

Old
08-08-2008, 10:29 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Has anyone heard from any Ranger this summer?

08-08-2008, 10:37 AM
Turambar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Has anyone heard from any Ranger this summer?
Marc Staal is one.

Turambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2008, 10:39 AM
Levitate

Quote:
It IS a New York Sports Team... like they ever just leave players "alone".
They'll leave hockey players alone for the most part unless they're stars like Jagr. The only media that cares about hockey players are the beat writers, and they're not going to roast him for not speaking fluent english (well, Brooks might, but he's a dick)

If he plays well and produces, the media and fans won't care

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2008, 11:10 AM
cbjgirl
Just thinking

I really, really hope Nik does well in New York.

We have split season tickets, the first game I chose was the Rangers game. I hope its a good one.