HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

The HF Boards New York Rangers Completed Lineup

Old
08-08-2008, 04:57 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

vCash: 500
The 3rd line looks better than the 2nd line.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2008, 06:40 AM
dynamoovechkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrJeff View Post
and yet the Sharks and their fans couldn't wait to get rid of him.
It's true, actually. Rissmiller has good size and some skill, but he is a marginal role player at best. Clearly the Sharks worst player- save for Mike Grier who had an off year. (Curtis Brown doesn't count)

Takes some shifts off, makes boneheaded plays at times, but tantalizes with flashes of offensive skill. Competent 3rd/ 4th liner. Favorite to become our next Tom Poti/ Marek Malik whipping boy.

He's really have to raise his level if he want's to stick with this team. Could be a press box regular.

dynamoovechkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2008, 11:06 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamoovechkin View Post
It's true, actually. Rissmiller has good size and some skill, but he is a marginal role player at best. Clearly the Sharks worst player- save for Mike Grier who had an off year. (Curtis Brown doesn't count)

Takes some shifts off, makes boneheaded plays at times, but tantalizes with flashes of offensive skill. Competent 3rd/ 4th liner. Favorite to become our next Tom Poti/ Marek Malik whipping boy.
He's really have to raise his level if he want's to stick with this team. Could be a press box regular.
like i said when we signed him, the north american marcel hossa why did we sign him??? Voros at least brings size and actually uses it, he is willing to fight although not good due to his balance and can score a few goals.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2008, 11:31 AM
cccya

The "fans" that were all over him have absolutely no clue about hockey, they got on every player that is not a top two line guy who doesn't score 50+ points. The knowledgable fans appreciated his services.

The Sharks did want him back, but not for 3yrs./$3M. He was offered a 2 year extension last summer that he turned down so he could test the free agent market. Turns out to be a good move.

cccya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2008, 11:37 AM
cccya

Again ridiculous statement. How does someone playing third line minutes, pk, etc. on the second best regular season team in a far superior Western Conference pencil out to be a regular scratch. It's funny reading a lot of these posts knowing that the statements are coming from people whose closest thing to competitve hockey is NHL '95.
Just wait and see how things unfold at camp and don't be surprised if Rissmiller is on the third line and a top PKer.
Also, I'm pretty certain that the Rangers have a new head scout that came from one of the Western Conference teams, Dallas I believe, who had a chance to see Rissmiller play at least 20+ times. They probably have a better idea of what they are getting than those folks on this board.

cccya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2008, 11:44 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cccya View Post
Again ridiculous statement. How does someone playing third line minutes, pk, etc. on the second best regular season team in a far superior Western Conference pencil out to be a regular scratch. It's funny reading a lot of these posts knowing that the statements are coming from people whose closest thing to competitve hockey is NHL '95.
Just wait and see how things unfold at camp and don't be surprised if Rissmiller is on the third line and a top PKer.
Also, I'm pretty certain that the Rangers have a new head scout that came from one of the Western Conference teams, Dallas I believe, who had a chance to see Rissmiller play at least 20+ times. They probably have a better idea of what they are getting than those folks on this board.

well i watch alot of sharks games and to me rissmiller is another player that we did not have to spend 1 mil on and could have had someone in the minors do the same thing. we could have had korpikoski who is also makin a mil but is also younger make the team and go from there, so what if his offense dont come right away, when it happens it happens, he is good defensivly to play in the NHL, and in the NHL defense wins.

Old
08-08-2008, 02:53 PM
Fletch

cccya...

the scout will always have better information than the common fan - they have access to far more information than us. Of course, they don't always get it right and sometimes it doesn't matter what the scout says because the GM/coach doesn't always get it right either (meaning it's the scouts job to tell the GM about the player - it's the GM's job to fit the player onto the team).

From your description of Rissmiller, it seems to me that $1MM was a bargain - I assume there were a lot of teams knocking on his door and the Sharks are upset they didn't lock him up earlier.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2008, 03:46 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Still think the Rangers are short one good forward, whether they get that some time before the season starts or at the trade deadline remains to be seen, but if they are indeed a playoff team they'll need that top 6 winger to really generate the offense they need to go deep. The forward lines are deep from the 3rd line down, but those top two are fragmented and need to be balanced by the emergence of someone, either on the roster already or elsewhere.

I think they'll be an entertaining bunch, but its kind of scary to be honest because theres a LOT hinging on the "change of scenery" scenario with Zherdev, Naslund, Redden and Kalinin. Maybe too much to be honest. If all breaks right this team could be at the top of conference, but if only half if these guys click into gear or all of them fail it could be a long, tumultuous season trying to patch it together and battling inconsistency all along the way.

I expect all of these guys to show up, in fact i'll go as far to say that theyll all have better years than their previous ones if they stay healthy. But there's a huge determining factor in all of this.

To me the single most important thing going into this year is DIRECTION, and because of that its going to come down to one thing, faith in Tom Renney.

All these new faces, along with the returning players are in a rebirth phase with the absence of last years core, Jagr in particular. Renney has stated that he wants to change the brand of hockey from a less exciting defense first approach to a more open speed game with skill and attention to detail. Forget about the big names coming in and having to adjust - how will guys like Girardi, a guy who succeeded so well in the old system fare in the new one?

Will the new style be THAT different from the old one considering they still have one of the top goaltenders in the NHL? Has Renney come up with a decisively formatted plan already which is why he helped hand-pick the incoming pieces to compliment it? Or is he coming in with the idea to be flexible and "see what happens". I suspect he has a plan - but I would be very surprised if it materializes itself quickly - meaning prior to the completion of the first third of the season.

During the past three seasons, none of the Rangers squads have gotten off to great starts and the common theme was the bouncing around of players from line to line and more importantly - the powerplay was disjointed as well. Theres no indication that this new squad will come out guns blazing, especially when it seem like half of the roster has been turned over.

So IMO this season really rests on Renneys shoulders and the fans and players patience and acceptance to this new style, drastically different or not.

Renney has the players he wants, its his team so its on him to make it work IMO.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2008, 04:10 PM
pzilla3

looks like a good place to start.

pzilla3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2008, 07:50 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Change Sjostrom with Fritsche imo.

And that 2nd line would be destroyed by an effective and hard hitting checking line... holy crap. All three are way too small.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2008, 12:13 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Still think the Rangers are short one good forward, whether they get that some time before the season starts or at the trade deadline remains to be seen, but if they are indeed a playoff team they'll need that top 6 winger to really generate the offense they need to go deep. The forward lines are deep from the 3rd line down, but those top two are fragmented and need to be balanced by the emergence of someone, either on the roster already or elsewhere.

I think they'll be an entertaining bunch, but its kind of scary to be honest because theres a LOT hinging on the "change of scenery" scenario with Zherdev, Naslund, Redden and Kalinin. Maybe too much to be honest. If all breaks right this team could be at the top of conference, but if only half if these guys click into gear or all of them fail it could be a long, tumultuous season trying to patch it together and battling inconsistency all along the way.

I expect all of these guys to show up, in fact i'll go as far to say that theyll all have better years than their previous ones if they stay healthy. But there's a huge determining factor in all of this.

To me the single most important thing going into this year is DIRECTION, and because of that its going to come down to one thing, faith in Tom Renney.

All these new faces, along with the returning players are in a rebirth phase with the absence of last years core, Jagr in particular. Renney has stated that he wants to change the brand of hockey from a less exciting defense first approach to a more open speed game with skill and attention to detail. Forget about the big names coming in and having to adjust - how will guys like Girardi, a guy who succeeded so well in the old system fare in the new one?

Will the new style be THAT different from the old one considering they still have one of the top goaltenders in the NHL? Has Renney come up with a decisively formatted plan already which is why he helped hand-pick the incoming pieces to compliment it? Or is he coming in with the idea to be flexible and "see what happens". I suspect he has a plan - but I would be very surprised if it materializes itself quickly - meaning prior to the completion of the first third of the season.

During the past three seasons, none of the Rangers squads have gotten off to great starts and the common theme was the bouncing around of players from line to line and more importantly - the powerplay was disjointed as well. Theres no indication that this new squad will come out guns blazing, especially when it seem like half of the roster has been turned over.

So IMO this season really rests on Renneys shoulders and the fans and players patience and acceptance to this new style, drastically different or not.

Renney has the players he wants, its his team so its on him to make it work IMO.
Good post, definitely agree. This is Renneys team, lets see how he does w/o the Jagr crutch to lean on.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2008, 01:05 PM
DubiDubiDoo

Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post

Great post, but I do have an issue with the line in bold. I know many of you will disagree, but I don't really accept this as much as many are saying.

Naslund - 25 goals last yr, juggled around with linemates
Redden - 38 points +11, in his "worst" season
Zherdev - 26 goals, 61 points, playing with nobody most of the yr

granted, were hoping to get better production out of them, but naslund and zherdev would have led our team in goals last yr, and redden would have been our best defenseman, yet these guys are being treated like reclaimation projects, and I dont get that. If these guys put up the same numbers as last yr they essentially replace the guys who's spots they've taken or are an upgrade.
So while yes, I'm hoping a change of scenery jumpstarts them or brings a new passion, I'm not exactly expecting a major production jump from any of them, maybe a little bit though.

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2008, 01:10 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiDubiDoo View Post
Great post, but I do have an issue with the line in bold. I know many of you will disagree, but I don't really accept this as much as many are saying.

Naslund - 25 goals last yr, juggled around with linemates
Redden - 38 points +11, in his "worst" season
Zherdev - 26 goals, 61 points, playing with nobody most of the yr

granted, were hoping to get better production out of them, but naslund and zherdev would have led our team in goals last yr, and redden would have been our best defenseman, yet these guys are being treated like reclaimation projects, and I dont get that. If these guys put up the same numbers as last yr they essentially replace the guys who's spots they've taken or are an upgrade.
So while yes, I'm hoping a change of scenery jumpstarts them or brings a new passion, I'm not exactly expecting a major production jump from any of them, maybe a little bit though.
i think zherdev can get 30 goals this season maybe 40 if he goes on a hot streak. outside of nash and fedorov, he did not have much on the jackets. on the rangers he will have gomez drury naslund, he should get more points and goals.