HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dan Fritsche Tribute - The other newest Ranger.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-08-2008, 10:32 PM
  #1
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Dan Fritsche Tribute - The other newest Ranger.

This kid will be a fan fav that is for sure. And he also has some skill too.







Fritsche is in the middle of this.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?page=Play...=page&tab=vidt a list of his goals. Seems to go to the net, love the 2ed goal, ties it, we need a young clutch player like him. i wonder why jackets gave him to us.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2008, 01:55 AM
  #2
Sm0otHocKeySPeeD
Registered User
 
Sm0otHocKeySPeeD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Flushing, NY
Country: Puerto Rico
Posts: 787
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Sm0otHocKeySPeeD
Dam...That dude from the Yotes dropped his glove real quick and laid that guy the ****** out son...

I dunno...Fritshce doesn't look like a good scrapper, but I like the fact that he will stick up for his boys regardless.

Seems like an Ortmeyer type. Fan favorite with speed and some skill, will scrap when necessary.

-Brian

Sm0otHocKeySPeeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2008, 02:53 AM
  #3
Jimmy Collins
Registered User
 
Jimmy Collins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Saratoga, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 75
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Jimmy Collins
I have loved absolutely everything i have seen from this guy. There is just one thing i hate, and it's a pet peeve, and it's the visor. If you're going to play a go to the net, hit, chirp, and fight kind of game, please take the visor off. It's almost bush league. Now I'm not saying Fritsche's like that, I'm just saying that i'd love for him to remove it. Hopefully he does good with us!

Jimmy Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2008, 04:11 AM
  #4
RangersFan
Registered User
 
RangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: LA, CA & NY, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,663
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangersFan Send a message via MSN to RangersFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sm0otHocKeySPeeD View Post
Dam...That dude from the Yotes dropped his glove real quick and laid that guy the ****** out son...
that'd be former ranger craig weller

RangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2008, 07:35 AM
  #5
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 10,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Collins View Post
I have loved absolutely everything i have seen from this guy. There is just one thing i hate, and it's a pet peeve, and it's the visor. If you're going to play a go to the net, hit, chirp, and fight kind of game, please take the visor off. It's almost bush league. Now I'm not saying Fritsche's like that, I'm just saying that i'd love for him to remove it. Hopefully he does good with us!
I am so tired of this stupid macho argument - the man should risk his eyesight for some idiotic view of masculinity that some fans have? Have you ever seen Bryan Berard?

Visors should be mandated for all players. This is the same stupid mindset that led some fans to sneer at players who wore helmets 20+ years ago.

BrooklynRangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2008, 08:11 AM
  #6
lotus
Registered User
 
lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 2,091
vCash: 500
There's nothing wrong with ANYONE wearing a visor. However, with that said, if you are squaring off with someone, you should take the helmet off. Unless of course he instigated, then you're just defending yourself, so start throwing those bombs!

lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2008, 08:50 AM
  #7
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 21,456
vCash: 500
Fritsche should stay away from scrapping - he's just not good at it. Right attitude, but he's just not a fighter. Weller knocked him on his butt with ease too. Find better videos for a tribute to a player you think will be a fan fave...

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2008, 09:19 AM
  #8
Loffen
Wen Kroy
 
Loffen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Soft euro
Posts: 17,123
vCash: 500
That second vid annoys me a bit... He puts his helmet/shield back on. If you're not getting jumped and are getting ready to fight, atleast remove the shield or whatever, when the other guy dosen't wear one.

Just my opinion tho'.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2008, 09:22 AM
  #9
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 16,247
vCash: 873
.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
I am so tired of this stupid macho argument - the man should risk his eyesight for some idiotic view of masculinity that some fans have? Have you ever seen Bryan Berard?

Visors should be mandated for all players. This is the same stupid mindset that led some fans to sneer at players who wore helmets 20+ years ago.
Berard got sticked in the eye, it didn't happent during a fight.

Anyone who keeps his visor on during a fight they are willingly participating in is a wuss and to me that will never change.

Visors should be mandated? That's crap. Why stop with the visor, lets go full face shield?

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2008, 10:12 AM
  #10
h0ckeyman
Registered User
 
h0ckeyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 2,056
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
I am so tired of this stupid macho argument - the man should risk his eyesight for some idiotic view of masculinity that some fans have? Have you ever seen Bryan Berard?

Visors should be mandated for all players. This is the same stupid mindset that led some fans to sneer at players who wore helmets 20+ years ago.
Not just the fans pretty much everyone involved with hockey. If you're a regular fighter you shouldn't wear a visor. However, if you don't normally drop the gloves than I think its ok.

h0ckeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2008, 10:36 AM
  #11
Sockosensei
Registered User
 
Sockosensei's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Nippon
Country: Japan
Posts: 357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus View Post
There's nothing wrong with ANYONE wearing a visor. However, with that said, if you are squaring off with someone, you should take the helmet off. Unless of course he instigated, then you're just defending yourself, so start throwing those bombs!
Absolutely.

Sockosensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2008, 11:30 AM
  #12
chosen
Registered User
 
chosen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,625
vCash: 500
Why wait? Let's retire his number at the home opener.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2008, 12:21 PM
  #13
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus View Post
There's nothing wrong with ANYONE wearing a visor. However, with that said, if you are squaring off with someone, you should take the helmet off. Unless of course he instigated, then you're just defending yourself, so start throwing those bombs!
i agree. visors are a-ok with me, but if youre going to drop the glove, the helmets need to come off too.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2008, 01:00 PM
  #14
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,477
vCash: 500
I wonder if we'll see him mix it up at all with Hartnell this season.

Seems like a good team guy, but until I see him play a few games I don't think I'll start raising his number to the rafters quite yet.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2008, 01:15 PM
  #15
Doyle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,151
vCash: 500
The more I see videos of this guy, the more I think he should be on a line with Drury and either Callahan or Naslund on the other side.

Drury has a lot of success with guys like Mair and Gaustad on his line if I recall.

I have to say, although there is a genuine lack of a "go-to" scoring threat on this team, the lines are far from set and should be much more balanced, which I see as a good thing.

Doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2008, 03:11 PM
  #16
Radek27
Registered User
 
Radek27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,149
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Radek27
What has this guy done to get a tribute thread? Lets make one for Bruce Graham net.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2008, 04:09 PM
  #17
shoothepuck
88
 
shoothepuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: upstate
Country: Italy
Posts: 12,197
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
What has this guy done to get a tribute thread? Lets make one for Bruce Graham net.
Well said...

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2008, 04:40 PM
  #18
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!
 
n8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: san francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 7,403
vCash: 500
We should rename it the Dan Fristche anticipating and many excitements thread.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2008, 07:03 PM
  #19
Matt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,946
vCash: 500
They had to dig deep to see Fritsche fighting. He seldom does this. Look at his penalty minutes and see he does not take many penalties. You will like him because of his hustle and determination. The Jacket players say he is the most intense player on the team and hates every loss with a passion. He goes balls out in practice just like he does in the games. When he broke his hand, Hitch said he knew the Jacket's run was over. The Rangers has scouts at evry Jacket game for the last month of the season, and there were rumors that the guy they were looking at was Fritsche.

Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2008, 08:25 PM
  #20
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh
 
Burlington Bomb 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green Mountain State
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
They had to dig deep to see Fritsche fighting. He seldom does this. Look at his penalty minutes and see he does not take many penalties. You will like him because of his hustle and determination. The Jacket players say he is the most intense player on the team and hates every loss with a passion. He goes balls out in practice just like he does in the games. When he broke his hand, Hitch said he knew the Jacket's run was over. The Rangers has scouts at evry Jacket game for the last month of the season, and there were rumors that the guy they were looking at was Fritsche.
Hey nyrJeff

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2008, 06:38 PM
  #21
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,063
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Berard got sticked in the eye, it didn't happent during a fight.

Anyone who keeps his visor on during a fight they are willingly participating in is a wuss and to me that will never change.

Visors should be mandated? That's crap. Why stop with the visor, lets go full face shield?
Ummm wasn't it a puck to the eye that injured Berard?

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2008, 01:08 PM
  #22
007
Olympic nut
 
007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mannahatta
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 3,475
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
i agree. visors are a-ok with me, but if youre going to drop the glove, the helmets need to come off too.
I say helmets should be taken off anyway during a fight. Didn't Sandy McCarthy break his knuckles because he was pounding some guy's helmet once? And I think it was punching helmets rather than nice, soft skulls that caused Joey Kocur's hands to get so gnarled...

007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2008, 01:17 PM
  #23
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,890
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Ummm wasn't it a puck to the eye that injured Berard?
I thought it was Hossas stick on a follow through.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2008, 01:22 PM
  #24
lucky13
Iron Chic
 
lucky13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: selden...L.I.
Country: United States
Posts: 643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Ummm wasn't it a puck to the eye that injured Berard?
blade of a stick......complete accident but happens

lucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2008, 02:50 PM
  #25
Mr Bojanglez
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Mr Bojanglez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: From Jersey w/ Love
Country: United States
Posts: 10,922
vCash: 50
Didn't look like a great fighter... but he did pick some tough guys to square off against. So he's at least tough to some degree

Mr Bojanglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:47 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.