28) Lyamin-San Jose
29) Schultz-Washington
30) Wheeler-Tampa

Ready.....set.......criticize!!!!

Old
06-14-2004, 07:05 PM
D.Legwand

vCash: 500
Good job. I just am not sold on Picard. I just read a thread about which top 10 picks will play in the NHL this year. Well it extended beyond top 10's but somebody said in regaurd to Picard. "You have to be able to skate to play in the NHL at 19...
:lol
I would jump all over Radulov if he is there, but thats me.

Old
06-14-2004, 07:13 PM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
or Thelen

Old
06-14-2004, 07:25 PM
MePutPuckInNet

still gonna go with Stafford as my #1 pick for the Wild

Old
06-14-2004, 10:59 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

if thelen was around @ 12, I'd take him

then dish a couple picks and dupuis or wanvig for a late 1st or early 2nd for a forward

Old
06-15-2004, 08:47 AM
CechMY5HOLEman-ek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceUNO
if thelen was around @ 12, I'd take him

then dish a couple picks and dupuis or wanvig for a late 1st or early 2nd for a forward
What makes you so confident the Wild can draft a superior player to Dupuis late in the first round or early in the 2nd?

Dupuis was touted as a 2nd round pick before he broke his leg during his draft year. And he's a player that would have actually turned out for a team unlike most picks. This is a weak draft year too, and the Wild haven't exactly shown to be a better than average drafting team...

After all, you're suggesting they recycle a previous year's second round pick (Wanvig).

This team doesn't have the depth to trade a known player good young player like Dupuis for a question mark IMO.

Old
06-15-2004, 11:48 AM
jt2004

If DR thinks he can get solid depth players I wouldn't be surprised to see him trade down from #12 with Washington for their 2 late 1st rounders. I don't see them dealing a top player or depth for a late 1st/2nd in this draft. Maybe next year with the high quality and number of potential star players available.

Old
06-15-2004, 11:51 AM
jt2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by MePutPuckInNet
still gonna go with Stafford as my #1 pick for the Wild
I like Stafford a lot it's just the scouting reports that say he's more of a role player have kind of soured me. This team needs scorers badly and if you see guys like Wanvig as a solid 3rd liner who can chip in 15-20 goals do you really need Stafford filling the same role?

Old
06-15-2004, 11:53 AM
jt2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Legwand
Good job. I just am not sold on Picard. I just read a thread about which top 10 picks will play in the NHL this year. Well it extended beyond top 10's but somebody said in regaurd to Picard. "You have to be able to skate to play in the NHL at 19...
:lol
I would jump all over Radulov if he is there, but thats me.
They were saying similar things about Joffrey Lupul 2 years ago and I happen to know the Wild had targeted him months before that draft because he's a guy who can find the net. I put Picard in the same boat as Lupul.

Old
06-15-2004, 05:53 PM
Wild Bill

I'd be happy with Thelen or Stafford, although I'm starting to get a weird feeling that a certain former Ice Dog might be available as well...decisions, decisions...

Old
06-16-2004, 01:45 PM
CechMY5HOLEman-ek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt2004
They were saying similar things about Joffrey Lupul 2 years ago and I happen to know the Wild had targeted him months before that draft because he's a guy who can find the net. I put Picard in the same boat as Lupul.
I haven't been paying attention as much to the draft this year so I can't comment on statements made by people in regards to Picard.

Yet, I don't remember there being much question about Lupul's skating in his draft year, and I think I would remember because I tend to loathe bad skaters and I was very much hoping Lupul would be available for the Wild to draft (another pick from Anaheim right before the Wild. It will be interesting to compare Chistov & Lupul vs. Koivu & Bouchard in a few years).

Perhaps nobody said he was a great skater, but I don't recall anyone throwing out major question marks (i.e. that his NHL career was in question because of his skating).

I don't have my THN or actual scout profiles at work but I was able to find this quote, "One slight knock on Lupul's game is his skating. While not a plodder, Joffrey isn't really a speedster -- hence, he trails the likes of Jiri Hudler and Rick Nash in this specific category."

But perhaps that does put Picard in the same boat. Opinions do vary.

Last edited by CechMY5HOLEman-ek!: 06-16-2004 at 02:00 PM.
Old
06-16-2004, 02:20 PM
jt2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by CechMY5HOLEman-ek!
I haven't been paying attention as much to the draft this year so I can't comment on statements made by people in regards to Picard.

Yet, I don't remember there being much question about Lupul's skating in his draft year, and I think I would remember because I tend to loathe bad skaters and I was very much hoping Lupul would be available for the Wild to draft (another pick from Anaheim right before the Wild. It will be interesting to compare Chistov & Lupul vs. Koivu & Bouchard in a few years).

Perhaps nobody said he was a great skater, but I don't recall anyone throwing out major question marks (i.e. that his NHL career was in question because of his skating).

I don't have my THN or actual scout profiles at work but I was able to find this quote, "One slight knock on Lupul's game is his skating. While not a plodder, Joffrey isn't really a speedster -- hence, he trails the likes of Jiri Hudler and Rick Nash in this specific category."

But perhaps that does put Picard in the same boat. Opinions do vary.
That could have been the quote.....I had read somewhere that his skating wasn't a strength? I have also heard Picard's skating has been embelished a bit.

Closed Thread