HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT Golf

Old
08-01-2008, 02:51 PM
Delat

vCash: 500
I played L'Irlandais at the Club the golf de MTL, what a great golf course! I had an HORRIBLE first nine but my second nine was better. I played 7-9-7 on the three first holes with like 10 putts on the three first holes, the green surprised me, they were REALLY fast. (52-41=93) The 41 was better, but I think it could have been the same on the first nine if I was better prepared. The traps there are really tough and they were wet so it was tougher.

Delat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 02:51 PM
Boulette Cannon

shot 90 today all par/bogey except 4 holes were doubles and one triple...

Boulette Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 03:53 PM
zecchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
You built a golf course? How interesting. Please, tell me more. What course is that?

La Tempête (for those around Québec City, you've probably heard about it). Yep. I built it. I shaped it, prepped it, seeded it, fertilized it, mowed it, treated it, etc. In other words, I work on a golf course.

It's a great place, though. I shook Raymond Bourque's hand. Patrick Roy nods at me and calls me "Monsieur". Donald Brashear shanks. Simon Gagné tees off thrice a week at 13:33. Alex Tanguay hits good irons but can't putt to save his life (he's more of a passer anyway). Who else... Alain Chainey, the Anaheim Ducks' scouting director, let me hold his Stanley Cup ring (that thing is heavy). There's also a Yves Racine who comes pretty often, but I haven't met him and I don't know if he's the Yves Racine I know.

And I do feel I'm a terrible player right now. I just can't get it together. I don't play nearly often enough too. With the rain and all. I haven't got the chance to play really. Hopefully the rest of the year will be better. I think I might even be able to break the 90. Who knows...

zecchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 04:36 PM
Ghost of Saku

I'm going to do a full 9-hole at UFO in Laval tonight

Ghost of Saku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 05:55 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

I broke 90 once, then i played the second nine holes. I hit hard and putt ok but my irons are so bad...

In a word; i suck.

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2008, 09:45 AM
Russeltown

My former irons

New irons

Russeltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2008, 10:06 AM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russeltown View Post
My former irons

New irons
I think you should have gotten the ones with the longer shaft and the hand grips. I dont know if playing with such short staff irons is any good...

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 09:22 PM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by zecchi View Post
La Tempête (for those around Québec City, you've probably heard about it). Yep. I built it. I shaped it, prepped it, seeded it, fertilized it, mowed it, treated it, etc. In other words, I work on a golf course.

It's a great place, though. I shook Raymond Bourque's hand. Patrick Roy nods at me and calls me "Monsieur". Donald Brashear shanks. Simon Gagné tees off thrice a week at 13:33. Alex Tanguay hits good irons but can't putt to save his life (he's more of a passer anyway). Who else... Alain Chainey, the Anaheim Ducks' scouting director, let me hold his Stanley Cup ring (that thing is heavy). There's also a Yves Racine who comes pretty often, but I haven't met him and I don't know if he's the Yves Racine I know.

And I do feel I'm a terrible player right now. I just can't get it together. I don't play nearly often enough too. With the rain and all. I haven't got the chance to play really. Hopefully the rest of the year will be better. I think I might even be able to break the 90. Who knows...
Thanks for that... Great answer.

I'll be sure to play it next time I'm in La ville de Québec. I checked the website of the course. Looks really good. The construction photos are really interesting. I can't help but envy you... I'd love to build a golf course.

Golf wise, I'm in a pretty good stretch right now. Dropped my index from 5.4 to 4.3 in the last couple of weeks. Hopefully, I'll never have it over 5 again.

Fozz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2008, 05:44 AM
zecchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
Thanks for that... Great answer.

I'll be sure to play it next time I'm in La ville de Québec. I checked the website of the course. Looks really good. The construction photos are really interesting. I can't help but envy you... I'd love to build a golf course.

Golf wise, I'm in a pretty good stretch right now. Dropped my index from 5.4 to 4.3 in the last couple of weeks. Hopefully, I'll never have it over 5 again.

If I were to win $50 millions in the lottery, I'd buy myself a piece of land, and I'd build myself a course, slowly, one hole at a time. First hole: a terribly long par 5, to get that driver out of the bag from the get-go. A wide fairway that narrows midway with bunkers on each side. If you can hit the narrow part, it drops down in a slope that takes your drive 40 yards further. Risk and reward. That's the best part of golf, in my opinion.

There are a few good risk-rewards at the Tempête. Hole 4, you can try to drive over the lake and be in a real good position for an approach (especially this year, while the new tees we've built are growing, the other tees are shorter than usual). Hole 6, if you keep your tee shot on the right, you can get it down at 70 yards of the hole, but if you hit too hard or too wide to the left, you hit the brook. On the eighth, the closer to the lake you hit, the better's the approach, but... it's a lake, you gotta be careful not to pull it too much (lefties hate that hole). Hole 9, if you can get your drive between or over the bunkers, there's nothing but green between you and the green. The tenth, if you hit the left of the fairway over the hill, the ball rolls down for a while, but on the right, it gets drawn by catch basin and won't go very far. Hole 14, you just hit it hard. This year, people have started playing it with an iron, just to avoid the creek, playing it short, then hitting over the creek safely. But that's not fair game. Honestly, you gotta take out the driver and hit your best drive of the day. Hole 18 is full of risks (there's a huge lake, and it's always in your face). You can play it rather safe wide to the left, but it lengthens the hole, in my opinion. I like playing it tight to the lake, get it on the green in two and eagle putt. But since I'm not that good of a putter, I also usually birdie putt, then par putt, and often bogey putt.

I don't understand why some people say golf isn't a sport. Try carrying a golf bag for four hours.

Old
08-10-2008, 10:49 AM
zecchi

Alex Tanguay came to my course this morning. I noticed he putts with his hands inverted. Weird.

Also, he isn't shy about whipping it out and peeing right next to me. I'm glad he aimed at a tree rather than straight at me.