HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

1460THE-RIMS HOCKEY RADIO Starting June 30, 4-7 pm (Eastern)

Old
07-31-2008, 09:08 AM
Inquiring Minds

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BZArcher View Post
Fix Bayonets!
I like it. Make preparations, then let our actions speak.
Molon Labe.

Inquiring Minds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2008, 10:43 AM
JACKETS! on the PP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Waco Kid View Post
Blue Jackets Hockey: If the Tampa Bay Rays can finally be good, so can we!
That's the one. I've had that thought all summer long.

JACKETS! on the PP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2008, 12:36 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
"Tough to play against"

lmfao

Old
07-31-2008, 05:47 PM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

I listened to part of the 'show' today where they invited people to call in their slogans for the coming year. Some funny, and a lot of not-so-funny ones.

Couldn't help but sense that Ricordati and Torg were using the opportunity to VENT about the Jackets once again. Perhaps it would have been funnier were it not for their recent history of bashing the Jackets.

They also griped about Ken Griffey, calling him lazy. HOW you can call someone "lazy" just because he didn't run out a grounder or is a quiet leader in the clubhouse is beyond me. The guy only has 600+ career homeruns, a HOF career, and has often been voted as one of the most RESPECTED players by other players. It's not Griffey's fault that the Reds ownership won't pay for pitching.

It was all just MORE evidence of local "sportstalk radio" being in need of real sports broadcasters, instead of just filling airtime with whatever comes out of a disc jockey's mouth.

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2008, 05:53 PM
CBJSlash

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post
I listened to part of the 'show' today where they invited people to call in their slogans for the coming year. Some funny, and a lot of not-so-funny ones.

Couldn't help but sense that Ricordati and Torg were using the opportunity to VENT about the Jackets once again. Perhaps it would have been funnier were it not for their recent history of bashing the Jackets.

They also griped about Ken Griffey, calling him lazy. HOW you can call someone "lazy" just because he didn't run out a grounder or is a quiet leader in the clubhouse is beyond me. The guy only has 600+ career homeruns, a HOF career, and has often been voted as one of the most RESPECTED players by other players. It's not Griffey's fault that the Reds ownership won't pay for pitching.

It was all just MORE evidence of local "sportstalk radio" being in need of real sports broadcasters, instead of just filling airtime with whatever comes out of a disc jockey's mouth.
If you made a team out of the BEST of Junior's Cincy Teammates, it wouldn't be good enough to make the playoffs.

C. - Can't think of one ( not a good start)
1B. - Casey / Votto
2B - Phillips
SS - Larkin
3B - ummm Encarnacion I guess
LF - Dunn
CF - Griffey
RF - Bruce/Hamilton

SP Volquez
SP Harang
SP Blank
SP Blank
SP Blank

RP - Blank
RP - Graves
RP - Williamson
RP - Weathers
C - Francisco Cordero

The Reds suck because of Ryan Wagner, Homer Bailey, Gookie Dawkins and Pokey Reese... not Griffey

CBJSlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2008, 07:41 PM
BLUJKS

Didn't hear the complete list, but here is mine:

"Rock the Nation"

a play on the Nationwide Arena, plus you can use Boll's fight, Nash's goals and
the crowd cheering (during the few occasions of years past).

BLUJKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2008, 08:31 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post

They are two wannabe jocks that memorized every stat as kids. They are still mentally 12 yo boys. i just ignore them and have stopped listening to that station.

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2008, 08:43 PM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by leek View Post
They are two wannabe jocks that memorized every stat as kids. They are still mentally 12 yo boys. i just ignore them and have stopped listening to that station.
That station goes further downhill every year. You'd think a sports station could find some decent sports commentators or whatever you want to call them.

The only time I listen any more is pre and post Jackets game talk, the Hitch show, or if I'm not at the game or in front of a tv, for theJackets.

Jaxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2008, 10:56 PM
Byrral

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUJKS View Post
Didn't hear the complete list, but here is mine:

"Rock the Nation"

a play on the Nationwide Arena, plus you can use Boll's fight, Nash's goals and
the crowd cheering (during the few occasions of years past).

Byrral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2008, 11:12 PM
JACKETS! on the PP

Now so much a slogan, more like a battle cry, but if I were Hitch I'd hang this in the locker room...

A line from Gettysburg:

This is a different kind of army. If you look at history you'll see men fight for pay, or women, or some other kind of loot. They fight for land, or because a king makes them, or just because they like killing. But we're here for something new... It's the idea that we all have value, you and me. What we're fighting for, in the end, is each other.

Old
07-31-2008, 11:19 PM
5StringBuzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETS! on the PP View Post
Now so much a slogan, more like a battle cry, but if I were Hitch I'd hang this in the locker room...

A line from Gettysburg:

This is a different kind of army. If you look at history you'll see men fight for pay, or women, or some other kind of loot. They fight for land, or because a king makes them, or just because they like killing. But we're here for something new... It's the idea that we all have value, you and me. What we're fighting for, in the end, is each other.
This is really good, but I think the new slogan should maybe be slightly shorter.

5StringBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2008, 11:44 PM
JACKETS! on the PP

Yeah, it's more like an internal rally speech...

My slogan would be "Make the playoffs, it's been long enough".

Short. Sweet. To the point.

Old
07-31-2008, 11:47 PM
JACKETS! on the PP

How about:

Carry the Swag

it's multi-functional as in carry our promotional merchandise as well as carry a swagger...

Old
08-01-2008, 08:07 AM
orangebarrelman

I like 'Fix Bayonets' but....

By the Civil War that command was usually used as a desperation measure and usually didn't turn out too well, Gettysburg and Col. Chamberlain not withstanding!

M

orangebarrelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 08:39 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrral View Post
With a young Sammy Hagar.

I like it - but I would guess we're goign to see more than one year of Civil War-related slogans.

Last edited by Double-Shift Lassť: 08-01-2008 at 08:50 AM.
Double-Shift Lassť is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 09:03 AM
Inquiring Minds

I still like "Fix bayonets," (and if we aren't in a desperate situation now, I don't know what will be one.)
but how about:

"Skate like your jobs depend on it"

Inquiring Minds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 09:36 AM
BZArcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangebarrelman View Post

By the Civil War that command was usually used as a desperation measure and usually didn't turn out too well, Gettysburg and Col. Chamberlain not withstanding!

M
Let's face it - we -are- up against the wall, as everyone has been saying.

It also fits the way we're going to have to play - we know that we're not winning games by incredible skill or finesse - it's going to be all about in close, bloody, nasty, hand to hand scrapping to get us through the season.

Though if you wanted something else..... CBJ: Give 'Em The Cold Steel!

BZArcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2008, 04:38 PM
FlaggerX

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangebarrelman View Post

M
Actually, bayonets were often fixed in the civil war, which featured single shot weapons that did not have a cartridge. The bayonet changed the weapons balance, but once you got close and fired your round the bayonet turned your rifle into something besides a club. By World War I cartridges and clips had made the bayonet more rare, but bayonets persist because very occasionally they were the right thing to do. There is a combat history from Korea of an officer who, assaulting a Chinese-held hill, ordered his men to fix bayonets and not only took down the Chinese but their pack animals who were on the other side of the summit!

Adrenaline does strange things to the body.

FlaggerX is offline   Reply With Quote