HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sprukts to return?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-27-2008, 10:37 PM
  #51
teddygmr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,519
vCash: 500
so any updates on where he will sign?

teddygmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 02:21 PM
  #52
hoax15
Registered User
 
hoax15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: S. Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 2,126
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to hoax15
He still got 3 points in 12 games in the NHL with crappy line-mates (i think it was Globke and a not-so-great Booth at the time)

hoax15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 04:39 PM
  #53
sabrefan27
Registered User
 
sabrefan27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,712
vCash: 500
Looks like a done deal:

http://php.democratandchronicle.com/blog/sports2/?p=130

sabrefan27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 04:53 PM
  #54
Heimy
Registered User
 
Heimy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: I was just here
Posts: 4,736
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27 View Post
Good to see. I like his chances of making the squad.

Heimy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2008, 10:02 AM
  #55
PattyLaLa16
Registered User
 
PattyLaLa16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 369
vCash: 500
Here's the official release from the Amerks.

http://amerks.com/FeatureStories.aspx?news_id=1569

PattyLaLa16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2008, 10:47 AM
  #56
Georgia Panther
Registered User
 
Georgia Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BufordGA/FranklinNC
Posts: 4,837
vCash: 500
Surprised he committed himself to two years in North America without, apparently, a roster spot guaranteed with the Panthers.

Georgia Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2008, 10:48 AM
  #57
Georgia Panther
Registered User
 
Georgia Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BufordGA/FranklinNC
Posts: 4,837
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heimy View Post
Good to see. I like his chances of making the squad.
So do I unless a scoring line center is added.

Georgia Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2008, 11:03 AM
  #58
sabrefan27
Registered User
 
sabrefan27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,712
vCash: 500
So you guys think Matthias starts in Rochester then? It could go either way, but a little competition is always a good thing.

sabrefan27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2008, 11:22 AM
  #59
Heimy
Registered User
 
Heimy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: I was just here
Posts: 4,736
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27 View Post
So you guys think Matthias starts in Rochester then? It could go either way, but a little competition is always a good thing.
It's just as likely he competes to replace Kreps. Kreps is hands down the better skaters and his defensive play did improve as last season went on. But Sprukts has far better vision, passing and shooting skills, not to mention size. So if it comes down to offense it'll be Janis hands down.

Heimy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2008, 01:36 PM
  #60
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie
 
Beezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Orlando, Florida
Country: Brazil
Posts: 6,412
vCash: 500
Sprukts is a very good passer. I think if Sprukts makes the team JM will move a couple of players and maybe get a scorer here or maybe even Sprutks will be moved himself. We just have too many forwards under contract right now and IMO too many bottom line forwards. I say trade two of them and a dman for a top line player if Sprukts indeed makes the squad.

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2008, 01:44 PM
  #61
Acadmus
Moderator
 
Acadmus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Vermont
Country: United States
Posts: 15,341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
Sprukts is a very good passer. I think if Sprukts makes the team JM will move a couple of players and maybe get a scorer here or maybe even Sprutks will be moved himself. We just have too many forwards under contract right now and IMO too many bottom line forwards. I say trade two of them and a dman for a top line player if Sprukts indeed makes the squad.
Personally I don't think bottom line players have much trade value anymore - seems more and more teams are willing to populate their third lines with checkers already on the roster, and 4th lines with cheap NCAA and Euro-league pickups.

__________________
"...and ultimately it doesn't matter."
Acadmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2008, 01:57 PM
  #62
sabrefan27
Registered User
 
sabrefan27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
Sprukts is a very good passer. I think if Sprukts makes the team JM will move a couple of players and maybe get a scorer here or maybe even Sprutks will be moved himself. We just have too many forwards under contract right now and IMO too many bottom line forwards. I say trade two of them and a dman for a top line player if Sprukts indeed makes the squad.
There aren't too many forwards. It works out perfectly. Sprukts battles Matthias for the last forward spot. The Amerks had a hole at center, and it's either Sprukts or Matthias. This was mainly an Amerk signing and to give some competition in training camp.

Florida told Kevin O. (Amerks beat writer) that the Sprukts signing filled their last hole in Rochester.

sabrefan27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2008, 02:44 PM
  #63
Crossbar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: 48" above the ice
Posts: 5,117
vCash: 500
I don't see Sprukts taking Kreps' spot on the team, Kamil is our most reliable faceoff man and his speed fits in with what Deboer wants. Sprukts is a slug....Stumpel 2.0 IMO, but a good depth signing if he can make the Panthers and someone Rochester could definitely use.

Crossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2008, 03:52 PM
  #64
pantherhockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 297
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossbar View Post
I don't see Sprukts taking Kreps' spot on the team, Kamil is our most reliable faceoff man and his speed fits in with what Deboer wants. Sprukts is a slug....Stumpel 2.0 IMO, but a good depth signing if he can make the Panthers and someone Rochester could definitely use.
No way Kreps loses his roster spot, he's shown his value and willingness to work hard all the time

pantherhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2008, 04:03 PM
  #65
Rattrick
Registered User
 
Rattrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 12,894
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
I don't think Kreps is a player who can lose his spot at this point either. He played the center position really well last year and I can see him putting up 35 points next year on the bottom lines. Not to mention defensively he was solid last year as well.

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2008, 05:41 PM
  #66
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie
 
Beezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Orlando, Florida
Country: Brazil
Posts: 6,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Race against NINE View Post
Personally I don't think bottom line players have much trade value anymore - seems more and more teams are willing to populate their third lines with checkers already on the roster, and 4th lines with cheap NCAA and Euro-league pickups.
I still think we can get someone who can help us. I remember last year a rumor going around about Sprukts for Ryder straight up and both Montreal fans & Florida fans here on HFboards wanted it to happen. Maybe we can get a Ryder type player who is in the final year of his contract like he was last year. If we throw in another player like Peltonen and an expendable Dman like Murphy maybe we can get a better player then a Ryder type player. Getting a player who's contract would be expiring at seasons end would give us the option to try and resign him if he pans out or replace him with Frolik next season.

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2008, 05:51 PM
  #67
harv3317
Registered User
 
harv3317's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,294
vCash: 500
heimy, i know your a happy man now!!!! i hope sprukts make the squad and contributes well!!!! i guess he's committed, 2 year deal!!!!!!

harv3317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2008, 05:58 PM
  #68
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie
 
Beezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Orlando, Florida
Country: Brazil
Posts: 6,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27 View Post
There aren't too many forwards. It works out perfectly. Sprukts battles Matthias for the last forward spot. The Amerks had a hole at center, and it's either Sprukts or Matthias. This was mainly an Amerk signing and to give some competition in training camp.

Florida told Kevin O. (Amerks beat writer) that the Sprukts signing filled their last hole in Rochester.
Our bottom 2 lines: that's potentially 8-9 forwards for our bottom 2 lines.


McLean-Kreps-Zednik
Dvorak-Campbell-Belak
Peltonen-Sprukts?

+Kilger(if he reports)

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2008, 06:00 PM
  #69
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie
 
Beezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Orlando, Florida
Country: Brazil
Posts: 6,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
I don't think Kreps is a player who can lose his spot at this point either. He played the center position really well last year and I can see him putting up 35 points next year on the bottom lines. Not to mention defensively he was solid last year as well.
Agreed. I also believe he was our top face/off guy if i'm not mistaken. If I am he was at least up there as one of our top face/off guys.


Last edited by Beezer: 08-08-2008 at 06:18 PM.
Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2008, 06:07 PM
  #70
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie
 
Beezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Orlando, Florida
Country: Brazil
Posts: 6,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by harv3317 View Post
heimy, i know your a happy man now!!!! i hope sprukts make the squad and contributes well!!!! i guess he's committed, 2 year deal!!!!!!
Is it a one or two year deal??? I saw here on HFboards it was for 2 but the Panthers team site said it was a 1 year deal. Anybody know for sure???

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2008, 06:59 PM
  #71
sabrefan27
Registered User
 
sabrefan27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
Our bottom 2 lines: that's potentially 8-9 forwards for our bottom 2 lines.


McLean-Kreps-Zednik
Dvorak-Campbell-Belak
Peltonen-Sprukts?

+Kilger(if he reports)
I don't know where you're going with this. Not including Kilger, Florida has 12 forwards on 1 way deals. They will all make Florida. There's one open spot since they will keep 13 forwards. This will be a competition between Sprukts, Matthias, Stewart, Frolik and Repik. I'm guessing Matthias will win the spot.

sabrefan27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2008, 07:34 PM
  #72
Markstrom Rules
Sup
 
Markstrom Rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,068
vCash: 500
If Sprutks beats out Matthias and/or Kreps, I will eat my hat. He's Rochester's #1 center.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2008, 02:52 PM
  #73
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
Mogo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 9,981
vCash: 813
That's sad. Sprukts isnt anything special in europe and you'd think he'd get alot more money over here than in AHL. I wonder why he decided AHL rather.

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2008, 09:34 PM
  #74
Markstrom Rules
Sup
 
Markstrom Rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,068
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
That's sad. Sprukts isnt anything special in europe and you'd think he'd get alot more money over here than in AHL. I wonder why he decided AHL rather.
He probably thinks he can make the team, but I just don't see him beating out Kreps, who's already established himself as one of the best two-way forwards on the team and our best faceoff man, or Matthias, who brings way more to the table than Sprukts and is just so mature already in his game that it would be a disservice to the Panthers and a crime to send him to Rochester if they think he's ready. Sprukts is going to have to have an amazing camp, making sick plays left and right, piling up a lot of points in preseason, to make the team. I just don't see it, when Kreps and Matthias are the two much more obvious choices right now.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:33 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.