HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Saturday Morning Hockey

Old
08-08-2008, 10:17 AM
NJDevs430

vCash: 500
Saturday Morning Hockey

So a scheduling faux pas last night bumped my Thursday out of the picture. I was thinking of playing (adult open hockey) saturday morning at 7:40 (early for me for a Saturday)
In your experiences:
- What should I expect as far as the crowd: light/medium/heavy turn-out? Lots of vets/newbies or a good mix?
- What should I eat for breakfast? I usually have some pasta before evening games, but never played in the morning before.
- Anything else anyone can think of?]

Thanks!

}:-)>

NJDevs430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2008, 10:40 AM
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar

Thats funny you brought this up, as my schedule is really weird for my job, I cant always play hockey at night, and im actually thinking of playing some saturday morning/sunday morning hockey. I know back in MI weekday morning hockey you'd have a really good crowd for the 6am skates and stuff. Weekends, no clue, never played drop in weekend morning hockey so im curious as well.

My initial thought is, not so good, people probably too hungover to wake up, middle of summer, etc.

PeterSidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2008, 06:11 PM
noobman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs430 View Post
So a scheduling faux pas last night bumped my Thursday out of the picture. I was thinking of playing (adult open hockey) saturday morning at 7:40 (early for me for a Saturday)
In your experiences:
- What should I expect as far as the crowd: light/medium/heavy turn-out? Lots of vets/newbies or a good mix?
- What should I eat for breakfast? I usually have some pasta before evening games, but never played in the morning before.

Thanks!

Weeknights are always better. In my experience... mid-week open pick-up is usually dead. Saturdays are generally dead, regardless of the time (though you're more likely to get a morning crowd than a night crowd). Sundays aren't bad, but Sunday nights are usually no good.

noobman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2008, 10:45 PM
mnhockey28

I have hockey at 5:30 am on monday and wednesday and its mostly really good kids, like me, but there are some adults that are pretty bad.

mnhockey28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2008, 11:03 PM
The Lollipop King
4th Line = all heart

^ I bet your dirt

I usually play week days in the morning, monday and friday are usually decent, but the rest of the week days suck. The best game was on a friday when we had like 20 guys, 2 goalies, an OHL player, and a player for the Toronto Marlies AHL team (now playing in europe) come out, it was pretty good.

The Lollipop King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2008, 03:34 PM
mnhockey28

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lollipop King View Post
^ I bet your dirt

I usually play week days in the morning, monday and friday are usually decent, but the rest of the week days suck. The best game was on a friday when we had like 20 guys, 2 goalies, an OHL player, and a player for the Toronto Marlies AHL team (now playing in europe) come out, it was pretty good.
i bet i'm better than you

mnhockey28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2008, 05:56 PM
noobman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs430 View Post
In your experiences:

Thanks!

So how was the hockey?

noobman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2008, 11:44 AM
NJDevs430

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobman View Post
So how was the hockey?
awwww...I chickened out.
I fiugred most of you guys were probably right, so I decided to go to the Friday night one, which wasn't too bad.
Two goalies and twelve skaters so we played four-on-four with two on each bench. I actually got carded when I signed in because some seventeen year olds showed up last week, but it's supposed to be 18+. I'm forty for the love of Pete...I could've been this girl's father (that reminds me - I better start calling some old girlfriends; she did look verrry familiar...)

<(-:{

Old
08-11-2008, 12:01 PM
The Lollipop King
4th Line = all heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnhockey28 View Post
i bet i'm better than you
lol your quite the keyboard warrior, are you also like 7 feet tall and 250 pounds?

The Lollipop King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2008, 12:18 PM
NJDevs430

Quote:
lol your quite the keyboard warrior, are you also like 7 feet tall and 250 pounds?
If it makes you feel any better, you're both probably better than me.

Old
08-11-2008, 01:00 PM
RandV
It's a wolf v2.0

vCash: 50
Quote:
pfft, 7 feet 250 pounds? That's scrawny. Personally I'm built like Brock Lesner and skate like Pavel Bure, I bet I could beat all you guys!

RandV is offline   Reply With Quote