HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Habs Lounge and Le Cabaret, Part VI... Return of the Rabbi (Brisebois edition).

View Poll Results: Who loves who more??
Beaker loves LW more 11 52.38%
LW loves Beaker more 7 33.33%
Tie 3 14.29%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
08-12-2008, 07:23 PM
mcphee

vCash: 500
There's been a Clover incident. My wife's away on business, so after supper, a bit after 7, I tell the 17 year old to walk the beagle, while I clean up the kitchen, water the flowers etc. As she leaves I tell her that I'll let her animals out and to put them in when she gets back.

I open the gate and the sheep and the duck come prancving out, but no Clover, I look in her stall, no, I check around back and there she is, stuck in the fence. She tried to trample over the page wire fence and somehow twisted a rear hoof in the wire. I couldn't find a way of freeing it without yanking and I was afraid of breaking or fracturing it. So, I run back in, get wire cutters and start cutting everything around the hoof, a nice chore when she's shaking and bucking.

I extricate her and she can't stand on the leg and she has a gahs on the inside of her leg.

What to do ? So, I run over to Mom's house and grab some bandages and Polysporin. Clover's standing there, hobbling on 3 legs and eating grass. I figure hat actually applying the stuff is a job for the young'un.

I see that the stall itself is a mess, needs fresh straw, and I figure if she's cut, I'd better start cleaning her environment. So, I shovel crap and sodden straw, a job that's never been mine, dump it, and go back to where Clover is and try and direct her bacvk around to the entrance.

BY then K. gets home and we pin her against a wall,[Clover, not K.] while the sheep just about flattens me, and we apply the gunk to her leg, which seems to have bled by the rubbing against the wire and isn't a deep cut. By now, she can put the hoof on the ground but with little weight.

K. spreads the clean straw, gives them fresh water, I go in and leave her to finish up, while I ponder how I ever left Greenfield Park to get involved in this stuff at this stage in my life.

Old
08-12-2008, 08:15 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
There's been a Clover incident. My wife's away on business, so after supper, a bit after 7, I tell the 17 year old to walk the beagle, while I clean up the kitchen, water the flowers etc. As she leaves I tell her that I'll let her animals out and to put them in when she gets back.

I open the gate and the sheep and the duck come prancving out, but no Clover, I look in her stall, no, I check around back and there she is, stuck in the fence. She tried to trample over the page wire fence and somehow twisted a rear hoof in the wire. I couldn't find a way of freeing it without yanking and I was afraid of breaking or fracturing it. So, I run back in, get wire cutters and start cutting everything around the hoof, a nice chore when she's shaking and bucking.

I extricate her and she can't stand on the leg and she has a gahs on the inside of her leg.

What to do ? So, I run over to Mom's house and grab some bandages and Polysporin. Clover's standing there, hobbling on 3 legs and eating grass. I figure hat actually applying the stuff is a job for the young'un.

I see that the stall itself is a mess, needs fresh straw, and I figure if she's cut, I'd better start cleaning her environment. So, I shovel crap and sodden straw, a job that's never been mine, dump it, and go back to where Clover is and try and direct her bacvk around to the entrance.

BY then K. gets home and we pin her against a wall,[Clover, not K.] while the sheep just about flattens me, and we apply the gunk to her leg, which seems to have bled by the rubbing against the wire and isn't a deep cut. By now, she can put the hoof on the ground but with little weight.

K. spreads the clean straw, gives them fresh water, I go in and leave her to finish up, while I ponder how I ever left Greenfield Park to get involved in this stuff at this stage in my life.
Sheesh. I was actually visiting the thread to ask you how old goats live to be and how old was Clover if she was still alive.

Old
08-12-2008, 10:45 PM
AD

Quote:

We've drank beers together.. been to hockey games and footall games... we spend half our days reading on HF.

And yet.. I've never really asked:

"Why did you leave the south shore for Glengarry county Ontario?!"

Old
08-12-2008, 11:19 PM
Stewart JH Esq MBE

You have a duck!? What's it called?

I'd love to have one. My landlord probably wouldn't share my enthusiasm though, he's already not happy about my having a dog. And my dog is 5 inches tall, although he's a drama queen who yaps for nothing to be fair.

Old
08-13-2008, 07:27 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart Jemal Harris View Post
You have a duck!? What's it called?

I'd love to have one. My landlord probably wouldn't share my enthusiasm though, he's already not happy about my having a dog. And my dog is 5 inches tall, although he's a drama queen who yaps for nothing to be fair.
I think it's called Bizz, my daughter wasn't too creative in her duck naming days and it was Fizz and Bizz, one died and I keep forgetting which much to the chagrin of my family. They probably aren't good appt. dwellers. She's a dominant little bastidge that has survived a hawk attack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD View Post
We've drank beers together.. been to hockey games and footall games... we spend half our days reading on HF.

There's no clear answer. D. wanted to open a type of business that made more sense here. Different market in Qc. for folk art . Living on a street where all the houses were the same, car pooling over the bridge every day or taking the bus downtown, at a point it wasn't what I wanted.

We knew a bit about the area, it wasn't far from family and friends, we just needed a change. I've never regretted a day. I enjoy the city now more than when I lived there, you live in the suburbs you tend to live point a to point b.

Basically it made sense at the time.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 08-13-2008 at 08:27 AM.
Old
08-13-2008, 07:36 AM
AD

Quote:
There's no clear answer. D. wanted to open a type of business that made more sense here. Different market in Qc. for folk art . Living on a street where all the houses were the same, car pooling over the bridge every day or taking the bus downtown, at a point it wasn't what I wanted.

We knew a bit about the area, it wasn't far from family and friends, we just needed a change. I've never regretted a day. I enjoy the city now more than when I lived there, you live in the suburbs you tend to live point a to point b.

Basically it made sense at the time.
And the livestock?

Old
08-13-2008, 07:40 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
So, I shovel crap and sodden straw,
Lucky bastidge.

Old
08-13-2008, 07:50 AM
mcphee

Quote:
And the livestock?
I wasn't involved in that decison. When the idea is broached to 12-13 year olds, it's difficult to interject an opinion.

Old
08-13-2008, 09:25 AM
Habnot

Quote:

Taxes????

Old
08-13-2008, 10:28 AM
habfan4

Quote:

Over a few pints in Toronto, mcphee let slip that he was into some shady characters for a sizeable amount of coin. When he noticed that he was being stalked by a man clad in a lumber jacket who was carrying a shovel he packed up his family and moved to Ontario.

Old
08-13-2008, 10:45 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
Over a few pints in Toronto, mcphee let slip that he was into some shady characters for a sizeable amount of coin. When he noticed that he was being stalked by a man clad in a lumber jacket who was carrying a shovel he packed up his family and moved to Ontario.
Damnit. Canada's witness protection program usually just involves issuing false noses and moustaches.

Old
08-13-2008, 10:51 AM
Fido22

Oh my God, is Clover and the rest of the animals actually real?

Wow!

Oh no! Does this mean McPhee really doesn't have a mustache?

Old
08-13-2008, 10:57 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fido22 View Post
Oh my God, is Clover and the rest of the animals actually real?

Wow!

Oh no! Does this mean McPhee really doesn't have a mustache?
Are you really a talking, drinking dog??

Old
08-13-2008, 11:02 AM
Fido22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
Are you really a talking, drinking dog??
That's the thing.

I'm an HF dog.

I only talk and drink and get married in HF. Outside of HF, I'm just your plain old ordinary puppy.

I thought Clover and the barn animals were HF goats and friends. I thought the non mustache was only an HF non mustache.

I'm so confused right now.

Old
08-13-2008, 11:07 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
I get the allusion, but I only shovel for, er, personal reasons.

Old
08-13-2008, 11:43 AM
AD

Quote:
That's the thing.

I'm an HF dog.

I only talk and drink and get married in HF. Outside of HF, I'm just your plain old ordinary puppy.

I thought Clover and the barn animals were HF goats and friends. I thought the non mustache was only an HF non mustache.

I'm so confused right now.
Proof.

Last edited by AD: 09-08-2008 at 10:04 AM.
Old
08-13-2008, 12:14 PM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Proof.
Wow, those three goats do a nice job keeping the lawn short, don't they?
Also, it's nice to see McPhee sharing his food with the two others.

Old
08-13-2008, 12:55 PM
Fido22

Quote:
Proof.
That is AMAZING!!!

I now feel so bad about calling Clover a sl*t when McPhee said she was loose.

Old
08-13-2008, 01:05 PM
IcE ColD

Send a message via MSN to IcE ColD
Quote:
Proof.
This reminisces me of good old times.

Old
08-13-2008, 01:28 PM
Stewart JH Esq MBE

Quote:
Proof.
The duck isn't as I imagined it to be. That one isn't really my cup of tea (no offense mcphee, I'm sure it's a great duck).

I want one of these:

Old
08-13-2008, 01:31 PM
mcphee

Quote:
The duck isn't as I imagined it to be. That one isn't really my cup of tea (no offense mcphee, I'm sure it's a great duck).

I want one of these:

I think that one may be carved out of wood, so it'll be easier to care for. It won't produce many eggs though. Ours is a Peking Running Duck.

Old
08-13-2008, 01:39 PM
Gros Bill

Quote:
I think that one may be carved out of wood, so it'll be easier to care for. It won't produce many eggs though. Ours is a Peking Running Duck.
As opposed, I guess, to the Peking water-skiing duck.

Old
08-13-2008, 01:40 PM
Fido22

Quote:

I want one of these:

Those ducks you see in magazines, looking all white and ducky are often photoshopped and lead unhealthy lifestyles to look that way. They hold other ducks to impossible standards. A duck is not an object. Look for the beauty in the interior duck, not the exterior.

It's people like you that cause so many self-conscious ducks to have low self esteem and have all sorts of personality disorders. For shame!

Old
08-13-2008, 01:45 PM
Stewart JH Esq MBE

Quote:
Those ducks you see in magazines, looking all white and ducky are often photoshopped and lead unhealthy lifestyles to look that way. They hold other ducks to impossible standards. A duck is not an object. Look for the beauty in the interior duck, not the exterior.

It's people like you that cause so many self-conscious ducks to have low self esteem and have all sorts of personality disorders. For shame!
That had me lolerskating around my desk. Well done.

Old
08-13-2008, 01:46 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
As opposed, I guess, to the Peking water-skiing duck.
Yes, because those ducks were bred for tourist promotional views by the Chinese government. Genetic engineering.

Closed Thread