HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings Agree to a 4 Year, $14.4MM Contract with Stoll

Closed Thread

Old
08-12-2008, 01:20 PM
wabwat

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikolai19 View Post
I like Jarret Stoll and I think he's going to help out tremendously but it would concern me to give a guy that much money over that many years when he's had a decent string of injuries over the last few years.

If he's truly 100% healthy then that's ok but I don't know if he is.

That would be a deal that I hope we would be giving O'Sullivan, but the market may indicate that he will get closer to $4 million.
O'Sullivan shouldn't even touch $3.5 million, let alone $4 million. logically, he should come in just shy of that, at around $3.25 million for 4-years... if he wants to talk 6-year deal, then he can talk about seeing that cap hit rise to $3.75-$4 million per.

Old
08-12-2008, 01:24 PM
TonySCV
3 in 5 > 3 in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyped View Post
I know Stoll and the Kings agreed to a deal (a couple weeks ago actually) but I haven't seen a news source post it yet so was wondering if there has maybe been a change since I've spoken with my source. I don't like to reveal my sources so did not want to post this and break HF rules. And I'm not going to be offended if people don't believe me or if mods want to delete the post. I'm not in it for the spotlight so if people choose to believe me that's fine, but the agreement was a 4 year, 14 million dollar deal (3.5 million/season on average). I think I've proven in the past that I do have sources around the league; some of the posters who have been around since the beginning may know this.

Again, I'm not doing this to "break a story", just trying to inform people. Mods, I apologize if this is overboard and will understand if you delete my post...
Rumors do need a credible source to "live" in this forum, and based on prior posting history (specifically information you've shared about Stoll in the past that's proven itself out and positive comments from other moderators), you're certainly in the "credible" category - for now .

Thanks for the insight!

- T

Old
08-12-2008, 01:27 PM
Johnny Utah

We are cursed with signing guys and then injuries happening or popping up again. McCauley and Cloutier come to mind. Even Val Bure, luckily he was on a one year deal.

The one bright spot with Stoll is he is only 26 and he is coming off a 81 game season whereas Cloutier was coming off an injury ridden season in Vancouver. But then again, McCauley was coming off a 71 game season and look what happened.

Old
08-12-2008, 01:29 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikolai19 View Post
I like Jarret Stoll and I think he's going to help out tremendously but it would concern me to give a guy that much money over that many years when he's had a decent string of injuries over the last few years.
This is my concern as well. This signing (assuming it's true) makes me very nervous. I felt the same way when Handzus was signed.

Old
08-12-2008, 01:37 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Why did my cool pic get deleted. . .

Tony makes me sad

Old
08-12-2008, 01:38 PM
Hyped

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Rumors do need a credible source to "live" in this forum, and based on prior posting history (specifically information you've shared about Stoll in the past that's proven itself out and positive comments from other moderators), you're certainly in the "credible" category - for now .

Thanks for the insight!

- T
No trouble. I've stopped providing "insider information" because of the requirement to provide my sources, which is a good policy, I just don't want to do it. I do have other info about several other items (not just Stoll related, as is the popular opinion) but will keep it to a very minimal level. Again, if I cross any lines, let me know and I'll discontinue. In no way do I mean to hurt the integreity of these boards...

Old
08-12-2008, 01:47 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

What consistent string of injuries has Stoll had of late? Did he not appear in all 82 games last season? He's had one season where he missed a good chunk of the season due to a concussion which he is not suffering lingering effects of.

Old
08-12-2008, 01:58 PM
nki

Quote:
No trouble. I've stopped providing "insider information" because of the requirement to provide my sources, which is a good policy, I just don't want to do it. I do have other info about several other items (not just Stoll related, as is the popular opinion) but will keep it to a very minimal level. Again, if I cross any lines, let me know and I'll discontinue. In no way do I mean to hurt the integreity of these boards...
As far as I'm concerned (and probably majority of Kings fans) you are welcome to post any insider information you have. I appreciate any kind of info you disclosed or you plan to do so in this boring off-season. That being said, I don't know the board's policy regarding this type of things so do as you see fit.

Old
08-12-2008, 02:01 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by nki View Post
As far as I'm concerned (and probably majority of Kings fans) you are welcome to post any insider information you have. I appreciate any kind of info you disclosed or you plan to do so in this boring off-season. That being said, I don't know the board's policy regarding this type of things so do as you see fit.
Hell yes. Post what you feel is appropriate but we'd take anything you've got in regards to the Kings, we've been starved for awhile now.

Old
08-12-2008, 02:24 PM
spudboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty, eh? View Post

Not sure if a lot of the younger crowd will get that one though....
They can google that line

Old
08-12-2008, 06:19 PM
Other Little Mikey

Quote:
I know Stoll and the Kings agreed to a deal (a couple weeks ago actually) but I haven't seen a news source post it yet so was wondering if there has maybe been a change since I've spoken with my source. I don't like to reveal my sources so did not want to post this and break HF rules. And I'm not going to be offended if people don't believe me or if mods want to delete the post. I'm not in it for the spotlight so if people choose to believe me that's fine, but the agreement was a 4 year, 14 million dollar deal (3.5 million/season on average). I think I've proven in the past that I do have sources around the league; some of the posters who have been around since the beginning may know this.

Again, I'm not doing this to "break a story", just trying to inform people. Mods, I apologize if this is overboard and will understand if you delete my post...
It's still not official, but this is a radio guy in Edmonton so you're probably right.

http://www.justagame.ca/jason/2008/0...l-to-sign-soon

And apparently, Stoll and Rachel Hunter are now engaged.

http://communities.canada.com/edmont...-ex-oiler.aspx

Old
08-12-2008, 06:24 PM
Other Little Mikey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
What consistent string of injuries has Stoll had of late? Did he not appear in all 82 games last season? He's had one season where he missed a good chunk of the season due to a concussion which he is not suffering lingering effects of.
Well, that's certainly debatable. He had a horrible season last year, which could be blamed on the concussion. Personally, I think he'll bounce back and do well this season.

Old
08-12-2008, 06:34 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Other Little Mikey View Post
It's still not official, but this is a radio guy in Edmonton so you're probably right.

I wonder where he is getting this information from????

Quote:
Currently the Kings have 14 players signed for a total of $24.5 million dollars, which leaves them over 15 million short of the salary cap floor.
I wonder which players he is including in this figure? He also is obviously not counting the two buyout figures.

Old
08-12-2008, 06:44 PM
JDM

at least its encouraging that someone felt confident enough to report it. There really is no advantage to saying that, considering this isn't the random musings of eklund.

If its true I think its a fairly good contract.

Old
08-12-2008, 07:00 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
at least its encouraging that someone felt confident enough to report it. There really is no advantage to saying that, considering this isn't the random musings of eklund.

If its true I think its a fairly good contract.
True......hopefully both Stoll and O'Sullivan come in at around $3.5 million/year. That would leave plenty of room for re-signing Kopitar and Johnson this season. Let's hope that they are more receptive to a contract extension.

Old
08-12-2008, 07:09 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidward View Post
True......hopefully both Stoll and O'Sullivan come in at around $3.5 million/year. That would leave plenty of room for re-signing Kopitar and Johnson this season. Let's hope that they are more receptive to a contract extension.
they can sign Stoll and O'Sullivan and whoever else to contracts that take them to the cap ceiling this year and still have room to re-sign both Kopitar and Johnson this season.

Old
08-12-2008, 07:41 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
they can sign Stoll and O'Sullivan and whoever else to contracts that take them to the cap ceiling this year and still have room to re-sign both Kopitar and Johnson this season.
I am well aware of that. Since the Kings are currently $27 million below the cap they could sign Stoll to $3.5 million, O'Sullivan to $3.5 million, Doughty to $2.5 million, Kopitar to $6.5 million, Johnson to $4.5 million and still have $6.5 million to sign a free agent or two.

Old
08-12-2008, 07:50 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
I am well aware of that. Since the Kings are currently $27 million below the cap they could sign Stoll to $3.5 million, O'Sullivan to $3.5 million, Doughty to $2.5 million, Kopitar to $6.5 million, Johnson to $4.5 million and still have $6.5 million to sign a free agent or two.
I thought the extensions for Kopitar and Johnson wouldn't kick in until next season (i.e. count against the cap) if they signed them now...?

Old
08-12-2008, 07:54 PM
JDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
I thought the extensions for Kopitar and Johnson wouldn't kick in until next season (i.e. count against the cap) if they signed them now...?
correctamundo

Old
08-12-2008, 08:19 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
You are right....but I wrote that under the assumption that the cap in 2009-10 will be the same if not higher then it is today.

Old
08-12-2008, 08:20 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Fair enough. I thought you were talking about this year.

Old
08-12-2008, 08:27 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Fair enough. I thought you were talking about this year.
Sorry I was not clear in my post. The Kings are in absolutely no danger of hitting the salary cap this season. Regardless of who they sign.

Old
08-12-2008, 08:29 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Sorry I was not clear in my post. The Kings are in absolutely no danger of hitting the salary cap this season. Regardless of who they sign.
Oh I know. I was talking about the application of the extensions to the cap. Either way, like you said, they are in no danger of hitting the max.

Old
08-12-2008, 08:51 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

[QUOTE=Other Little Mikey;15143822]It's still not official, but this is a radio guy in Edmonton so you're probably right.

This guy doesn't have a clue regarding the Kings and the salary floor.

Old
08-12-2008, 10:45 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post

This guy doesn't have a clue regarding the Kings and the salary floor.
Not many people do.

Closed Thread