HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Nike Bauer Supreme Comp Skates the same as One55's?

Old
08-11-2008, 10:15 PM
IronWolf

vCash: 500
Nike Bauer Supreme Comp Skates the same as One55's?

Hey all,
I stopped at a shop here in Edmonton, Alberta, and I picked these up thinking they were identical to the One55's. (Bottom Right last skate, "Nike Bauer Supreme Comp".

http://www.unitedcycle.com/viewProdu...41&pageIndex=1

However, I went to my local sport chek and noticed some subtle differences.

1) The tongue on the One55 is black instead of grey, and maybe more velvet like?

2) The inside of these skates is grey, as where the One55's is a black, more velvety material.

3) The outsole on the Comps is the same as the one on the One95 (Texalium) as where the One55 is a composite material.

Does anyone know if there is really a difference between these skates and these minor changes? I'm not sure if it's better to get the One55's over these, albeit, they are pretty much the same skate outside of the above listed items as far as I can tell. I thought it was just a rebranded One55, but looks like there are some differences.

They are also the same price.

Cheers and Thanks!

IronWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2008, 09:58 PM
IronWolf

Anyone have any thoughts or ideas on the different varients of the one55's?

Old
08-13-2008, 08:03 AM
stick9

The NBH Comp is closer to the One90 not the One95. Both the Comp and the One90 have a Tech Mesh quarter package, Hydrophobic liner, Insta-form foam ankle pads, and full texalium composite outsole.

Starting to sound like a SMU One90 without the LS2 Power holders and steel.

You might want to check them out fit wise. You may find they fit differently then the One55.

stick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2008, 09:12 AM
IronWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick9 View Post
The NBH Comp is closer to the One90 not the One95. Both the Comp and the One90 have a Tech Mesh quarter package, Hydrophobic liner, Insta-form foam ankle pads, and full texalium composite outsole.

You might want to check them out fit wise. You may find they fit differently then the One55.
Hmm ok I will definately check that out. Do you know which ones are meant to fit wider overall? The comps I got are a EE width, and seem to be ok. The toe box might need to be punched out, but I want to see and try them first.

Old
08-13-2008, 09:13 AM
IronWolf

Quote:

Also, the comps and One55's are the same price. If they fit the same, which would you say is the better skate in that case?

Old
08-13-2008, 10:00 AM
stick9

If the fit is the same and price is the same. It's really a judgment call on your part. Me, I'd probably buy the more comfortable of the two.

I might lean towards the the Comp because it shares some features that made the One90 so attractive. But I would never sacrifice fit for features...never!

stick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2008, 01:21 PM
IronWolf

Quote:
If the fit is the same and price is the same. It's really a judgment call on your part. Me, I'd probably buy the more comfortable of the two.

I might lean towards the the Comp because it shares some features that made the One90 so attractive. But I would never sacrifice fit for features...never!
Oh no, I understand what you are saying. I spent a couple hours trying on skates, and had the comps on for a good 30 mins, so I am happy with the way they feet. I have a really boxy foot. Wide and deep, and only a 6.5 size. I was suprised a bauer fit as well as it did honestly.

Lesson learned though, I tried the superfeet, and it made my foot go numb, and the skates looked like my foot was way to wide. Without the super feet, they fit great.

I had the same issue trying super feet in the past. They just don't seem to work for me haha. But ya, The Comps fit well, and they felt good.

Edit: The only thing I noticed was that my toes could feel the sides of the toe box. I am going to try them, and they said they will punch them out if need be.