HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Radulov officially introduced - PICTURE

Old
08-08-2008, 06:59 PM
jekoh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by putridgasbag View Post
Ok which team did he have a contract with when he signed with an NHL team? I looked him up (Google is your friend) and I can't find mention of any problems with any contracts.
I have no idea why you are looking for "problems". There were none. Which only further makes my point.

Quote:
Not so common I guess as I haven't heard anything about it.
You haven't heard about it so it is not common ? No : you haven't heard about it because you don't have a clue.

Quote:
So the answer is no a NHL team can not negotiate a separate transfer deal with a European club.
I don't think anyone claimed otherwise.

Any other irrelevant quote, while you're at it ?

jekoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2008, 11:28 PM
Muscle Bob

Quote:
So name some. It can't be that hard since almost every single European is in the basket.
Tomas Mojzis signed with Sibir this summer and later with Minnesota.

Muscle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2008, 11:38 PM
tacocat

All I see in this thread are unilingual racist idiots worried about the one league they follow.

tacocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2008, 05:33 PM
putridgasbag
Grand Poohba

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jekoh View Post
I have no idea why you are looking for "problems". There were none. Which only further makes my point.

You haven't heard about it so it is not common ? No : you haven't heard about it because you don't have a clue.

I don't think anyone claimed otherwise.

Any other irrelevant quote, while you're at it ?
Pretty Lame dude.

So What I get from you is that you just made up a bunch of stuff to fit your version of the hockey world and when you get challenged to show some facts you produce nothing?!?!

Wow. I'm still waiting for you to show even one instance of what you claimed, proof of anything you stated but I know I'll be waiting a long, long time. Good Luck with grade 8... again.

putridgasbag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2008, 11:49 PM
Muscle Bob

putridgasbag

So I told you about Mojzis, why do you ignore that?

Old
08-12-2008, 05:52 AM
jekoh

Quote:
Pretty Lame dude.

So What I get from you is that you just made up a bunch of stuff to fit your version of the hockey world and when you get challenged to show some facts you produce nothing?!?!

Wow. I'm still waiting for you to show even one instance of what you claimed, proof of anything you stated but I know I'll be waiting a long, long time. Good Luck with grade 8... again.
Nummelin, simpleton.

Old
08-12-2008, 09:27 AM
Velociraptor
Nucks future 1C??

PaAYNOB, what a loser.. ahahah

NHL pwnt. KHL noobs.

Radulov will witness a career ending injury in Russia, I'm calling it.

Velociraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2008, 10:38 AM
putridgasbag
Grand Poohba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Bob View Post
Tomas Mojzis signed with Sibir this summer and later with Minnesota.
I have looked up his situation through Google and I am having a tough time finding much information on the double signing. The most I can find is that the contract is in dispute. If it turns out that the Sibir contract is valid and in place before the Wild then he should be heading back to Sibir to finish out the deal.

Old
08-12-2008, 11:03 AM
putridgasbag
Grand Poohba

Quote:
Nummelin, simpleton.
Well jenius (yes you deserve the less common j spelling) if it is Petteri Nummelin that you keep pulling out as an example I sure as hell can't find any mention of a dispute of contracts about him. He even re-signed with HC Lugano after his stint with the wild.

So since you stated
"That's something we don't want to see in hockey" ? That's something we've been seeing in hockey for the last 20 years, Mr Dumont. The NHL and its fans have always sent the message that it's ok to break your contract, their complaining now only makes them hypocrites.

As for other sports, I can't think of another one where players walk away from their contract as frequently as they do in the hockey.

And yet you have come up with one example that as far as I can find isn't even an example. You would think that it would be pretty easy to find examples from the last 20 years since it is so common.

Let me guess your next post. I don't have time, it is common knowledge blah blah blah and then a cute little emoticon at the end.

Lame.

Old
08-12-2008, 11:37 AM
Muscle Bob

Quote:
I have looked up his situation through Google and I am having a tough time finding much information on the double signing. The most I can find is that the contract is in dispute. If it turns out that the Sibir contract is valid and in place before the Wild then he should be heading back to Sibir to finish out the deal.
http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=1...9&postcount=33

Old
08-12-2008, 11:57 AM
putridgasbag
Grand Poohba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Bob View Post
Thanks.

Should be interesting to see what comes of this. If there is no opt out clause then he should honour that deal though the 2/3 buy out is kind of a monkey wrench.

If his agent negotiated a deal with the Wild while knowing that he had a valid (no opt out clause) contract then some sort of censure would have to be coming his way. If the Wild signed a player that they knew to be under contract to another team then they too could be in line for some sort of penalty. I have no idea what the NHL rules call for in the way of the penalty or even if it would be made public.

I'd be interested to see what the out come of this and the Radulov situation is going to be. Hopefully the players, agents and teams involved in signing a deal while already under contract will be punished enough to stop this kind of nonsense. Which I guess brings up the question of what would be an appropriate punishment. I have to think a bit on that one.

Old
08-12-2008, 12:25 PM
SerialSeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
I see the letters PAY are in his name.
I also see the letters NOB...

SerialSeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2008, 06:13 PM
jekoh

Quote:
Well jenius (yes you deserve the less common j spelling) if it is Petteri Nummelin that you keep pulling out as an example I sure as hell can't find any mention of a dispute of contracts about him.
I did not mention any "dispute", just one guy amongst dozens who walked away from their contract.

Quote:
You would think that it would be pretty easy to find examples from the last 20 years since it is so common.
Having a contract or not never made any difference, thus it was not noteworthy, which makes it difficult to find out which specific player had a contract and which did not a few years after the fact. Even you can understand that I'm sure. I still had the nerve to find one, though.

Old
08-12-2008, 07:01 PM
Lion Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensational Spezza View Post
Radulov is a disgrace to NHL hockey, I would be disgusted if he was on my team when he did this

I know a little harsh, but I am really mad at him for fleeing to Russia, and leaving his team in the dumps
Do you have the same opinion for malkin?

Lion Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2008, 07:20 PM
putridgasbag
Grand Poohba

Quote:
I did not mention any "dispute", just one guy amongst dozens who walked away from their contract.

Having a contract or not never made any difference, thus it was not noteworthy, which makes it difficult to find out which specific player had a contract and which did not a few years after the fact. Even you can understand that I'm sure. I still had the nerve to find one, though.
Yeah OK. Dozens of guys just walk away from their contracts to go play in the NHL. Since it is explicitly against their own rules not to mention quite unethical and I'm fairly sure some what illegal I would find it interesting to see some sort of proof that dozens of guys just walked away from their deals to sign with an NHL team. You'd think some of these European teams would have sued if players walked away when they still had a contractual obligation to them.

Old
08-13-2008, 07:51 AM
jekoh

Quote:
Yeah OK. Dozens of guys just walk away from their contracts to go play in the NHL. Since it is explicitly against their own rules
It is not against NHL rules.

Old
08-13-2008, 09:12 AM
Muscle Bob

Quote:
Yeah OK. Dozens of guys just walk away from their contracts to go play in the NHL. Since it is explicitly against their own rules not to mention quite unethical and I'm fairly sure some what illegal I would find it interesting to see some sort of proof that dozens of guys just walked away from their deals to sign with an NHL team. You'd think some of these European teams would have sued if players walked away when they still had a contractual obligation to them.
They did. Malkin was sued. The Russian court ruled out Malkin couldn't play anywhere except for his Russia team. The American court ruled out oppositely.