HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

2008/2009 Regular Season Schedule

Old
07-18-2008, 09:24 AM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
you do realize the Rangers and Avery had substantial negotiations during the season right?

What was Avery supposed to respond too?

it would be classless to boo Avery....i don't get the fans that have no appreciation for what the former rangers did on the ice..
That's exactly it. During his tenure you'll find I never much was a big fan. The 06-07' arrival brought some laughs to the table from all of us, his entry to the team sparked a playoff run that will be memorable, but still, he did very stupid things. However, this year, everything completely turned around, he did nothing most games except for the stretch where he played good offensively with Jagr and Dubi, but during that stretch there was no physical play..

I just don't like him as a player. I see no reason he should be in the NHL if he doesn't thrive to win or thrive to play, and I hate how he's so one-dimensional and can ruin teams with the way he acts. This is not because he was signed elsewhere or wanted more money (although that's part of it - I didn't want him back for $3M).

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 09:34 AM
patnyrnyg

Ruin teams? Are you an idiot? Look at the team's record with him in the line-up and without him. Without him, they do not make the play-offs the past 2 seasons.

patnyrnyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 09:55 AM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
Ruin teams? Are you an idiot? Look at the team's record with him in the line-up and without him. Without him, they do not make the play-offs the past 2 seasons.
Am I an idiot? I'd say far from it. Notice how nobody except the fans who can't let go are whining about his departure....there's a reason for that....... he does more hurt than he does good.

Making the playoffs just to get to the 2nd round, means nothing.

Old
07-18-2008, 10:00 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Staal View Post
Am I an idiot? I'd say far from it. Notice how nobody except the fans who can't let go are whining about his departure....there's a reason for that....... he does more hurt than he does good.

i can't let go? if that's your defense i can poke hole after hole through it...i mean my arguments this offseason are the team didn't improve as a whole...i could care less about who the guys are they let go i just want the best team possible on the ice...

do you have any problems with zherdev and his attitude issues in the past?

avery hurts more then he helps? Ok....i'm all ears......in what way did avery hurt more then he helped....

lets see some examples....

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 10:01 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:

Just out of curiosity, how old are you? My guess is you are barely old enough to remember the 7 year stretch of no play-offs.

Old
07-18-2008, 10:09 AM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
Just out of curiosity, how old are you? My guess is you are barely old enough to remember the 7 year stretch of no play-offs.
I know what happened to this team after 97'. It was horrible. What do you want me to say though? If we kept Avery.. we'll make it to the first and second round for years to come! The point is teams with people like Sean Avery don't go far because he's a player who doesn't contribute on a consistent basis. He shows you flashes of wonder and then makes you wonder why he plays hockey at all. He has skill and doesn't use it for the better part of a season he's played. He acts like a moron 24/7, seems to not gain respect for his teammates, and we needed to keep around a 39 year old has-been who couldn't skate to KEEP HIM IN LINE.

BOTTOM LINE: This team goes nowhere with Avery, Sather recognized that, and changed the team around.

Old
07-18-2008, 10:33 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
The point is teams with people like Sean Avery don't go far because he's a player who doesn't contribute on a consistent basis.
I'm no Avery fan, but even I have to take issue with this statement. Avery isn't holding a team back. What was holding the Rangers back was using him in a role where he had to go well beyond the expectations of the complimentary player he really is. The offense wasn't there, the defensive gaffes were brutal, but the Rangers had no one else capable of doing a better job in that spot.

If and when Avery finds a home where he can kick back, yap all day and kick in the odd goal in support of his team's offensive leaders, he will prove to be an integral part of a winner. Problem for Avery is, that can't be all you're doing when you're earning $3.75M annually.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 11:02 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
I know what happened to this team after 97'. It was horrible. What do you want me to say though? If we kept Avery.. we'll make it to the first and second round for years to come! The point is teams with people like Sean Avery don't go far because he's a player who doesn't contribute on a consistent basis. He shows you flashes of wonder and then makes you wonder why he plays hockey at all. He has skill and doesn't use it for the better part of a season he's played. He acts like a moron 24/7, seems to not gain respect for his teammates, and we needed to keep around a 39 year old has-been who couldn't skate to KEEP HIM IN LINE.

BOTTOM LINE: This team goes nowhere with Avery, Sather recognized that, and changed the team around.
you didnt answer the question. Willing to bet you were just a little kid during the time and really cannot appreciate what it means to see your team in the play-offs 3 years in a row after some very frustrating seasons.

Old
08-13-2008, 12:04 PM
nyrmetros

Start time changed for Dec. 7 game at MSG

http://rangers.nhl.com/team/app/?ser...ticleid=379384

The New York Rangers announced today that the start time for a regular season game on the teamís 2008-09 regular season schedule has been changed.

The start time for the Sunday, December 7 game between the Rangers and the Calgary Flames at Madison Square Garden has been changed to 7:30 p.m. from its originally scheduled time of 7:00 PM.

Could this have anything to do with either Graves or Bathgate night, or is this aimed at a local NFL start time ?

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2008, 12:16 PM
JR#9*

calgary reportedly asked for the change for TV viewers back home to be able to catch the game and the rangers complied

JR#9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2008, 12:18 PM
nyrmetros

Rangers @ Chi Hawks tix on sale now

Chicago Blackhawks vs. New York Rangers
United Center, Chicago, IL
Fri, Jan 16, 2009 07:30 PM
Your Ticket(s)
Section
Description
STAND1
Price Level 8
300 Level Corners
!UPPER LEVEL- GEN ADM - STANDING ROOM
Type
2 FULL PRICE TICKET

Ticket Price
US $20.00 x 2

Convenience Charge
US $5.25 x 2

Damn I wish we had General Admission standing room tix. I'd get those tix all the time.

Old
08-13-2008, 12:19 PM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by JA#11 View Post
calgary reportedly asked for the change for TV viewers back home to be able to catch the game and the rangers complied
ohh ok. I hope MSG does something for Pearl Harbor Day.

Old
08-13-2008, 02:53 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
ohh ok. I hope MSG does something for Pearl Harbor Day.
Hopefully not a re-enactment.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2008, 06:59 PM
Harrison Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
http://rangers.nhl.com/team/app/?ser...ticleid=379384

The New York Rangers announced today that the start time for a regular season game on the teamís 2008-09 regular season schedule has been changed.

The start time for the Sunday, December 7 game between the Rangers and the Calgary Flames at Madison Square Garden has been changed to 7:30 p.m. from its originally scheduled time of 7:00 PM.

Could this have anything to do with either Graves or Bathgate night, or is this aimed at a local NFL start time
?
i think its part of hockey night in canada. i think there games for canadian teams are always 7 30. I think when all the teams play on the same night they put it to that time. Idk why though. One of our games got changed to 7 30 when we play the leafs.

Harrison Ford is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2008, 09:57 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
The game was changed for TSN. Hockey Night in Canada is on Saturday and they start their games at 7 PM. TSN for some reason starts games at 7:30, you may remember each of the last two seasons we had a game against the Flyers that started at 7:30.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote