HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

O/T: Moving to "The B"

Old
08-14-2008, 11:17 PM
Muckalt

vCash: 500
O/T: Moving to "The B"

Yes, it's true, I'm moving to Cambridge, MA. After many a year, I'll bid Cablevision my adieu.

That said, is there a way to get MSG telecasts with Comcast? Does NHL Network typically show out of market games, or are they strictly a highlights channel? Or can I only get the 5 games a year on Versus?

Besides the dish, what options are there?

Muckalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2008, 11:29 PM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
you can get nyr games with the center ice package (available on comcast), but you can't get MSG network without directv or some other dish. The only reason you should opt for directv over comcast is if you want MSG programming, pre game, post game etc. Regardless of what you get, you're going to have to purchase the center ice package for $150/year

nyrmessier011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2008, 03:09 PM
BigCanada77
NYR in the Midwest

Send a message via AIM to BigCanada77
Welcome to my world lol, I even live in the same state (go to school in Rochester) and I can't get Ranger games on MSG, even when the Sabres dont have a game!! Lousy Slugs and their joke of a city...

BigCanada77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2008, 03:12 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Slingbox might be an option

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2008, 03:18 PM
mti79

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCanada77 View Post
Welcome to my world lol, I even live in the same state (go to school in Rochester) and I can't get Ranger games on MSG, even when the Sabres dont have a game!! Lousy Slugs and their joke of a city...
My favorite part of Buffalo's blackout rules is that when I was up there visiting, I got to watch the pre-game show but then at 7pm on the dot, it switched off. I had my hopes up for the game but then had to scramble to pick up a radio broadcast off my computer. Damn slugs... lol.

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2008, 08:48 AM
NYRangerfn09

I have that same problem in Buffalo, does anyone know if center ice would get me all the ranger games in Buffalo or would they black some out for no reason.

NYRangerfn09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2008, 11:14 AM
nyr34

Send a message via AIM to nyr34
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCanada77 View Post
I remember that the blackout restrictions used to be for Buffalo AND Rochester, but hopefully the Rochester blackouts will be lifted now that the Amerks are no longer affiliated with Buffalo. I don't think we're in Sabres territory anymore. Stupid slug fans...

nyr34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 03:27 PM
slim399

I live in Boston right across the charles from ya. If you go with Comcast your best option is to get the NHL package. NHL Network is a paid channel and I have no idea what the monthly fee is for it. Spend the $150 and you will get every game. The only free rangers games you will see are the ones on versus... which is only a hand full a season.

BigCanada I went to school right outside of Rochester... that Sabres black out rule was the worssssstttttttt!

slim399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 06:37 PM
RedLightDistrict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Slingbox might be an option
Was going to suggest the exact same thing. I'm a student up in Boston, but I placed an order for a slingbox the other day...now ill be getting all of the IO digital cable programming, INCLUDING MSG, Vs., NHL Network, along with some other channels that my school doesn't carry...namely FX...(gonna love to catch the new season of Rescue Me)

RedLightDistrict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 08:20 PM
Dr. Ogrodnick

I live in Boston and the rumor is that next season Comcast center ice will feature both home and visitor feeds.

Dr. Ogrodnick is offline   Reply With Quote