HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Chris Botta reacts to earlier rumors about McCabe/Islanders

Old
08-16-2008, 12:58 PM
Darth Milbury

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubey View Post
1) You read The Hockey News.
Yes, I do read the Hockey News. Your point? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to recall that many people read the Hockey News. They even have a website and everything.

My experience is that posters tend to discount sources - no matter how prominent -when they don't support their inflated view of their own team.

Quote:
2) The Islanders roster consists of DiPietro and 22 other players named Bill..

That remark is just plain stupid and pointless.

Oh, and just so you know, the Isles only have one guy named "Bill."

Quote:
3) I'm pretty sure 99% of HFboards (that aren't Islanders homers) would take Kulemin, Schenn, and Stralman over Comeau, Okposo, and Bergenheim.
I'm pretty sure you're wrong. Kulemin, for all the overrating by some Leaf fans, is no more likely to make an impact in the NHL than Bergenheim or Comeau.

And, I'd put Okposo at least on par with Schenn. Many would probably put him higher.

Stralman is also vastly overrated by some Leaf fans. He hasn't got any more potential than Campoli or Gervais. A smallish dman drafted on a late round who wouldn't even be in the NHL this year if the Leafs weren't so weak.

And, unfortunately, that is the full extent of your prospect system. There is almost nothing left after that. The Isles still have Bailey, Ness, Trivino, etc.

If you want to balance it out:

Okposo is easily on par with Schenn
Bailey is easily on par with Kulimen
Campoli and Gervais are both on par with Stralman.

What the Leafs don't have is answers to Ness, Trivino, Comeau, Bergenheim, etc.

Right now, the Isles prospect pool is much deeper, and the guys who are ready to play are younger and with more upside. So, saying Toronto has more "potential" is ridiculous.

Both teams are at an early stage in the rebuild. I'd give a slight edge to the Isles though.

The only saving grace for Toronto is that they'll probably wind up getting good return when they ship Kaberle out next summer.

Last edited by Darth Milbury: 08-17-2008 at 03:01 AM.
Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote