HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Van-LA

Old
08-16-2008, 05:47 PM
Cogliano13Gagner89

vCash: 500
I don't think neither team does this deal. Los Angeles definitely doesn't. They just got Stoll. No way they deal him now.

Cogliano13Gagner89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2008, 05:49 PM
R0bert0 Lu0ng0

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
you guys are talking about Kevin Bieksa, right?
Yep - Bieksa put up 40 points in his first full season playing a shutdown role and last season aside (where he entered the season nursing an abdominal injury before suffering that calf injury 11 games later) he has made substantial improvements to his game every year for the last four or five years.

I don't expect he'll ever be able to anchor a shutdown pairing, but he can do virtually everything else and he can do it well (and should still improve).

Don't get me wrong - I don't dislike Jarret Stoll.. being a Canucks fan, I used to cringe when the Oilers would go on the powerplay against us - watching them feed the puck back to the point for a booming shot from Stoll. If everything goes well for him I could see him continuing to be a 50-60 point guy that plays good defense and wins a lot of draws.

That being said he suffered a pretty bad concussion and has not been the same since - if it was some freak occurrence like Bieksa's injury I wouldn't have any doubts but concussion problems scare me and diminish Stoll's long-term value in my opinion.

Anyways a guy like Moller - a prospect with nice upside, but who isn't going to be central to anyone's plans - would even things out nicely for me in terms of value.. the extra pick was just gravy, frankly.

R0bert0 Lu0ng0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2008, 05:53 PM
Canuckle
West Coast Express

They traded for Stoll for a reason to PK and anchor their second line.

Handzus is not even possible. This guy was so bad last year with 4M contract AND he has a NMC.

Canuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2008, 06:04 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
People who have never played hockey and don't know a thing about the sport would call Stoll garbage.
Damaged goods. You'll see.

Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2008, 06:11 PM
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN

I want Bieksa on the Sens but the problem is we can't afford to give offense to Canucks.

Novak Djokovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2008, 06:17 PM
Canuckle
West Coast Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by #11_THEBEST! View Post
I want Bieksa on the Sens but the problem is we can't afford to give offense to Canucks.
We want Vermette.

Canuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2008, 06:22 PM
Todds Chiropractory

Canucks have enough bottom six forwards

Todds Chiropractory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2008, 06:39 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy View Post
Yep - Bieksa put up 40 points in his first full season playing a shutdown role and last season aside (where he entered the season nursing an abdominal injury before suffering that calf injury 11 games later) he has made substantial improvements to his game every year for the last four or five years.

I don't expect he'll ever be able to anchor a shutdown pairing, but he can do virtually everything else and he can do it well (and should still improve).

Don't get me wrong - I don't dislike Jarret Stoll.. being a Canucks fan, I used to cringe when the Oilers would go on the powerplay against us - watching them feed the puck back to the point for a booming shot from Stoll. If everything goes well for him I could see him continuing to be a 50-60 point guy that plays good defense and wins a lot of draws.

That being said he suffered a pretty bad concussion and has not been the same since - if it was some freak occurrence like Bieksa's injury I wouldn't have any doubts but concussion problems scare me and diminish Stoll's long-term value in my opinion.

Anyways a guy like Moller - a prospect with nice upside, but who isn't going to be central to anyone's plans - would even things out nicely for me in terms of value.. the extra pick was just gravy, frankly.
I don't think you realize how high the Kings are on Moller.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2008, 07:01 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:

you should start a proposal thread for Habs fans to see if they think Bieksa for Kostitsyn, Pacioretty and a 3rd is a fair deal.

wabwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2008, 07:24 PM
NYVanfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 View Post
No thanks from Vancouver... I believe we can get more for Bieksa.
i would certainly hope so, otherwise just hold onto him.
Bieksa's mix of toughness, D and O is very rare. I wouldn't want to see him moved unless it's overpayment, or maybe in a pkg for a guy like Carter.
Not a big Stoll fan -- pass, bigtime.

NYVanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2008, 07:30 PM
R0bert0 Lu0ng0

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
I don't think you realize how high the Kings are on Moller.
Evidently not. Seeing as how he tore up the dub last year I guess he's not such a great example then - would Purcell or Lewis be better examples of middling Kings prospects then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
you should start a proposal thread for Habs fans to see if they think Bieksa for Kostitsyn, Pacioretty and a 3rd is a fair deal.
See, I don't like analogies like this - imho Kostitsyn has much higher value than Stoll having just broken out and having been a higher rated prospect traditionally. Pacioretty is about a similar prospect to Moller in terms of value I guess, although he might be more valuable to Montreal than Moller is to the Kings. And a third would be about the highest possible pick you could qualify as "mid round."

And anyways I don't think the bulk of Canadiens fans are too receptive to the Canucks these days, although thankfully discussion of the S word has finally started to peter out.

R0bert0 Lu0ng0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2008, 07:42 PM
MartinVanBuren

As a Kings fan, I would do that in a heart beat.

MartinVanBuren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2008, 07:51 PM
hackey
You're Not Bored...

Stoll was great until he suffered that major concussion 2 years ago... ironically
from a whack by Bieska's stick to the head, if I recall properly.

O'Sullivan for Bieska and a pick/prospect

hackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2008, 07:52 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Evidently not. Seeing as how he tore up the dub last year I guess he's not such a great example then - would Purcell or Lewis be better examples of middling Kings prospects then?

See, I don't like analogies like this - imho Kostitsyn has much higher value than Stoll having just broken out and having been a higher rated prospect traditionally. Pacioretty is about a similar prospect to Moller in terms of value I guess, although he might be more valuable to Montreal than Moller is to the Kings. And a third would be about the highest possible pick you could qualify as "mid round."

And anyways I don't think the bulk of Canadiens fans are too receptive to the Canucks these days, although thankfully discussion of the S word has finally started to peter out.
Purcell was AHL rookie of the year last year, but keep trying.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2008, 08:32 PM
johnjm22

Quote:

As Reaper stated, Purcell was AHL ROY last year, and was 3rd overall in points despite only playing in 67 games. The Kings are higher on Purcell than any other forward in the system...

Lewis had a down year last year, but I think the Org would be very reluctant to give up on him while his value is relatively low. I think they want to wait and see how he develops this coming year.

I don't think Bieska is a good fit for the Kings. We have alot of young up and coming defenseman. I think what we need right now is a veteran blueliner to help bridge us to the point at which our young defeseman can step in.

Old
08-17-2008, 12:51 AM
God
Free Citizen

I dunno why some Canuck fans would do this. It doesn't help our team at all.

Stoll's good at penalty killing and he has a great shot for the powerplay. Those are two things that, surprisingly, the Canucks already have. We signed Ryan Johnson to have two solid PK units. We have Salo and Edler on the point for the powerplay. Additionally, he isn't the goalscoring centre we need, or at least he wasn't a goal scorer in Edmonton. We'd be better off keeping Bieksa and using Wellwood instead, because it's still using 3 playmakers on the same line.

I just don't see a fit for him here. It'd be pointless, and we'd lose a very valuable player.

God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2008, 01:43 AM
Reaper45

Quote:
As Reaper stated, Purcell was AHL ROY last year, and was 3rd overall in points despite only playing in 67 games. The Kings are higher on Purcell than any other forward in the system...

Lewis had a down year last year, but I think the Org would be very reluctant to give up on him while his value is relatively low. I think they want to wait and see how he develops this coming year.

I don't think Bieska is a good fit for the Kings. We have alot of young up and coming defenseman. I think what we need right now is a veteran blueliner to help bridge us to the point at which our young defeseman can step in.
I think Bieksa would be a good fit but dont think that the Kings would give up anything substantial for him.

Old
08-17-2008, 01:15 PM
Danavan

bieksa could fetch us way more than stoll. try something more like Bieksa for O'Sullivan with a couple pick and prospects going each way to even it out a ibt.

Danavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2008, 01:53 PM
ttam103

People forget, canuck fans have seen alot of Stoll in his oiler days from divisional plays...

ttam103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2008, 03:47 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danavan View Post
bieksa could fetch us way more than stoll. try something more like Bieksa for O'Sullivan with a couple pick and prospects going each way to even it out a ibt.
Not a chance.

Old
08-17-2008, 04:10 PM
Brassballers*

Quote:
Not a chance.
You're right, not enough going to Vancouver.

Brassballers* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2008, 04:10 PM
CRDragon
\_(シ)_/

we can totally get more for Bieksa....
no from Van

08-17-2008, 06:29 PM
Respect Your Edler
Thank You 52

Eww.

Respect Your Edler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2008, 08:52 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brassballers View Post
O'Sullivan + for Bieksa? Keep dreaming, if that was the going rate wouldn't Bieksa have been dealt for some offensive help by now?

Old
08-17-2008, 10:12 PM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brassballers View Post
Are you serious or just trying to get a rise out of people. POS has much more value.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote