HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Back from a 7 week hiatus

Old
08-16-2008, 03:08 PM
hlundqvist30*

vCash: 500
Back from a 7 week hiatus

Long story short, I was off doing other things for 7 weeks with limited internet access. I heard about all of the big news, but really have not had a chance to look at things in depth. Basically, I'm using this as an opportunity for others to inform me if the general consensus of the boards on certain issues so I'm not completely lost. I'd appreciate it if you guys could just share what the general consensus is on the following topics, such as whether people like the move or not. I appreciate it.

Naslund Signing

Tyutin/Zherdev trade

Redden Signing

Jagr Leaving

Kalinin Signing

Avery Leaving

Rissmiller and Voros

Rozsival Resigning

Just a sentence or two for each would be sufficient. I figured this would be a lot easier than attempting to sort through 6 weeks worth of threads. I really appreciate it. Look forward to being back in the cynical Rangers discussions

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2008, 03:41 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Naslund Signing- Good terms, good player, just dont expect him to be the messiah. Will fit in perfectly with the new look Rangers.

Tyutin/Zherdev trade-Steal, flat out highway robbery.

Redden Signing- I absolutely LOVE IT. Allows the rest of the defense to finally slot in properly.

Jagr Leaving- Not happy, but you cant pay him the money and years he wanted.

Kalinin Signing-Good #6 defenseman, nothing more.

Avery Leaving- VERY ANGRY.

Rissmiller and Voros- Retarded signings. We have plenty of depth on the bottom 2 lines, dont need either of em to be honest.

Rozsival Resigning

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2008, 10:38 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Naslund signing - not bad, decent money. 1 year too much.

Tyutin/Zherdev trade - great trade. Sather looked like a genius, however, he'll also look like a ****** bag if Zherdev runs for Russia this upcoming summer.

Redden signing - WTF?

Jagr leaving - Had to happen.

Kalinin signing - too much money. who cares. he'll probably get injured.

Avery leaving - probably the best thing outside of Zherdev to happen this summer for the Rangers.

Rissmiller and Voros - DOUBLE WTF?

Rozsival resigning - fine.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2008, 10:47 PM
Smashley

This thread should really be titled:

Totally Lazy after a 7 week hiatus

Smashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2008, 05:14 PM
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashley View Post
This thread should really be titled:

Totally Lazy after a 7 week hiatus
hummm, yea right. Just scrool down on the Rangers Forum page and READ all u want. It's all there.

HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2008, 05:29 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Naslund Signing--Good move, gets a guy that is capable of notching 20+ goals.

Tyutin/Zherdev trade--Look at Inferno's

Redden Signing--Im not too happy about the terms and $$ but we desperatly Needed this type of player IMO

Jagr Leaving--Not happy, but we need to move on.

Kalinin Signing--Meh, its a depth signing

Avery Leaving--50/50 on it, i wish he could've stayed but apart of me thinks he was rubbing the wrong way on people

Rissmiller and Voros--Voros' signing can be said in two words, Avery Replacment, thats all he is. but Rissmiller,

Rozsival Resigning--Really happy, he is a very underated defensman, and now JJ is gone. he will shoot and i expect him to notch at least 15 goals.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2008, 06:31 PM
GarretJoseph*

Welcome back. All the moves were good except letting Avery and Jagr go. :-)

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2008, 07:01 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeaveHo94 View Post
Just scrool down on the Rangers Forum page and READ all u want. It's all there.
I agree. The threads that garnered 10+ pages of discussion had some really interesting takes and opinions and have been good summer reading.

There's always a danger in cliff notes too. It's funny how I can agree whole-heartedly with someone on one topic, but feel completely the opposite on another.

But, my cliff notes is, the team was at a transition point. The chance for an NYR evolution was eliminated when Jagr decided to leave the league, which left a revolution as the only option. Love or hate the pieces, the team did the best they could to balance immediate and future success, risk and reward. Beyond that, tough to assess how it's all going to come together until it they all together as far as I'm concerned.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 09:59 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Naslund Signing- Terms are great for a player with his caliber. The first of 4 or 5 "change of scenery" projects. Hes really excited to come to NY though.

Tyutin/Zherdev trade- Steal, flat out highway robbery. Let's not forget they got rid of Backman and his contract and also picked up a decent young player in Fritsche who could see regular action.

Redden Signing- Wasnt pleased with the contract, but you have to give to get and without this signing the above trade is not possible IMO.

Jagr Leaving- Very pleased hes gone, wasnt going to be worth 2 or 3 years patching together a squad around him, with Gomez and Drury needing a squad of their own.

Kalinin Signing- Malik clone, confidence issues. Good potential but needing a change as well.

Avery Leaving- From a fans perspective it sucks, from a team and cap perspective a move that had to be made.

Rissmiller and Voros- Other than depth, these signings are just slight upgrades. The fact that there are two of them is a bit confusing to a lot of people especially at 1 mil per.

Rozsival Resigning - Good IMO considering Redden has been signed and he can slip into a role more fit for his level, but lets hope he doesn't get complacent.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 11:21 AM
ogie

and don't forget... Malik Leaving which isn't really that big of news becasue give the MSG fans two games and they will have a new Malik to boo.

ogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 11:52 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Naslund Signing - Not my first choice, but not too bad of a result. I was surprised Jagr didn't take the deal on the table to play with a guy like Naslund on his wing, but oh well. Decent terms on the contract, the NMC seems to be putting people off though.

Tyutin/Zherdev trade - I'll wait to see how Zherdev performs before calling it 'robbery' for the Rangers. However, there is a ton of potential there and Fritsche should be a solid addition to the third line.

Redden Signing - If he returns to form, great. If not, then we're going to be hearing a lot of crap about it for the next 5 - 6 years. The terms of the deal suck if you take him for his performance last year, but if he bounces back (which I think he will) we'll be in good shape.

Jagr Leaving - I didn't want Jagr back if it meant hindering the team again. However, in hindsight it's difficult not to like a top-six of Naslund - Dubi - Jagr and Dawes - Gomez - Zherdev. He had the opportunity to come back but balked at the terms of the deal. IF he wanted to be in the NHL that badly he should have taken the 1 year offer.

Kalinin Signing - Another guy who could bounce back and be a very solid 5/6 d-man. Like the terms of the contract as well.

Avery Leaving - Liked him while he was here, but he wanted too much money and we're too tight against the cap.

Rissmiller and Voros - Voros is obviously an Avery replacement, I think Slats is trying find a diamond in the rough with him. Rissmiller should be replacing Hollweg on the 4th line and what I've seen of him on the NHL network replays, he seems to be a very solid 4th liner. I'm surprised that we offered him 1 mil though, seems very steep.

Rozsival Resigning - I guess it had to be done after Orpik took a discount to stay in Pittsburgh. Little pricey on the terms, but we could have done much worse.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 11:54 AM
Smashley

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogie View Post
and don't forget... Malik Leaving which isn't really that big of news becasue give the MSG fans two games and they will have a new Malik to boo.
Haha... and now with backman gone, it may take us a full six periods to find someone.

Smashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 12:30 PM
Harry Vee

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Naslund Signing- Terms are great for a player with his caliber. The first of 4 or 5 "change of scenery" projects. Hes really excited to come to NY though.

Tyutin/Zherdev trade- Steal, flat out highway robbery. Let's not forget they got rid of Backman and his contract and also picked up a decent young player in Fritsche who could see regular action.

Redden Signing- Wasnt pleased with the contract, but you have to give to get and without this signing the above trade is not possible IMO.

Jagr Leaving- Very pleased hes gone, wasnt going to be worth 2 or 3 years patching together a squad around him, with Gomez and Drury needing a squad of their own.

Kalinin Signing- Malik clone, confidence issues. Good potential but needing a change as well.

Avery Leaving- From a fans perspective it sucks, from a team and cap perspective a move that had to be made.

Rissmiller and Voros- Other than depth, these signings are just slight upgrades. The fact that there are two of them is a bit confusing to a lot of people especially at 1 mil per.

Rozsival Resigning - Good IMO considering Redden has been signed and he can slip into a role more fit for his level, but lets hope he doesn't get complacent.
Agree 100%. This is exactly what i was gonna post

Harry Vee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 03:25 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Naslund Signing: I really like this deal. I think it's relatively low-risk, especially considering the money, and I think he'll easily get 20-25 goals. I just hope people realize this isn't 2002 Markus Naslund. As long as they do, you'll like this guy.

Tyutin/Zherdev trade: I love this trade but I wouldn't exactly say it's highway robbery. I'll miss Tyutin's hip checks and he played hard every single night. With that said, Zherdev has a great chance to become a star here and I'm very excited about seeing him. Plus I like the addition of Fritsche.

Redden Signing: I'm still mixed about this. Redden wasn't too great for the last two seasons, but can you really fault him with that mess last season? Plus the contract is just enormous. Nevertheless, we needed a big-time d-man like this and this is the way the league is now where you have to pay that kind of money. So I'm going to give him every chance in the world to prove that the last couple of years were an aberration.

Jagr Leaving: I'm going to miss the guy, but I wasn't surprised at all once he left. I wish the guy the best and it's going to feel strange not watching him here after giving us three great seasons, but we'll move on.

Kalinin Signing: Meh. 6th defenseman, could have done worse I guess.

Avery Leaving: The guy added a whole different dimension to this team the last two seasons and whether you liked him or not, you can't argue with the results. I think the team made the right decision not to give him the money, but I hope other players can step in to provide the kind of mental advantage that he did.

Rissmiller and Voros: I think Voros could. He's not nearly as talented offensively, but he's still young and I could see him eventually inheriting part of Avery's rule (to a lesser extreme though). Rissmiller is a nice depth move who I could see chipping in a few goals.

Rozsival Resigning: Happy about it. Like the guy alot.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 08:02 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
Naslund Signing- Good terms, good player, just dont expect him to be the messiah. Will fit in perfectly with the new look Rangers.

Tyutin/Zherdev trade-Steal, flat out highway robbery.

Redden Signing- I absolutely LOVE IT. Allows the rest of the defense to finally slot in properly.

Jagr Leaving- Not happy, but you cant pay him the money and years he wanted.

Kalinin Signing-Good #6 defenseman, nothing more.

Avery Leaving- VERY ANGRY.

Rissmiller and Voros- Retarded signings. We have plenty of depth on the bottom 2 lines, dont need either of em to be honest.

Rozsival Resigning
I agree on all but:

-I think that Tyutin was undervalued by a lot of Rangers fans. But it was a great trade. Zherdev has so much skill and potential he and Cherepanov have the potential to be a great one-two punch in 2009-2010 and beyond.

-Don't like Redden's dollar and year amount, but as previous markets have shown, you have to overpay for your needs. And if they are good characters, then it makes it easier to swallow. And Redden is a good guy.

-I could care less that Avery left. If he loved NY so much, he would have taken the 800K pay cut. Sather did the RIGHT thing by letting him and his baggage walk.

-Rozsival signing was good.

-An underrated and deal that is often not mentioned was Mara's resigning. Mara is a very solid 3rd pair defenseman.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote