HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NCAA, European & Juniors Prospect Discussion (no AHL)

Closed Thread

Old
08-17-2008, 04:28 PM
Levitate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
It's just you. It's Jagr that's close to 2ppg. Cherepanov's on a goal a game pace, but only has one assist to go along (5g, 1a in 5gp).
If he picked up an assist today, then he should have 2 assists...5 goals, 2 assists.

Either that or people have been reporting things wrong

Old
08-17-2008, 05:11 PM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
If he picked up an assist today, then he should have 2 assists...5 goals, 2 assists.

Either that or people have been reporting things wrong
No, you're right, I just forgot to add today's assist to the total. It's 5 goals, 2 assists in 5 games.

Old
08-17-2008, 05:50 PM
ThirdEye

Are there any pics of Jagr and Cherepanov in action since the pre-season games started?

Old
08-17-2008, 07:53 PM
Avy*

http://www.hawk.ru/gal_foto.php?n_kodg=157

http://hcs.ufamedia.ru/photo_category/120/

Old
08-17-2008, 08:34 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
No, you're right, I just forgot to add today's assist to the total. It's 5 goals, 2 assists in 5 games.
Fine, so it's only 1.4ppg. And a goal a game.

Boy, I've been overrating the kid...

Old
08-20-2008, 10:49 AM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
I'll post this here, since he's technically not on the Pack (yet).

From Keen's Korner:

Quote:
JK: As far as leadership goes, with the potential return of Dale Wiese... is the captain's "C" his to lose with the departure of Zack Smith to the pro ranks?

Chynoweth: That has to still play out again. Everybody keeps saying he's back or will be back more than likely... I still don't think that's the case.

I think he's in great shape and had a real strong Rangers development camp. Once he goes back and the Rangers see him I wouldn't be surprised if they try to make room or have to make room for him.

I would take him back obviously with open arms. I think he's made humongous strides from the day we got him to where he is today and that's very rewarding. To have him back would be great but we're in the business of developing players and if he moves on that's great for him.

Old
08-23-2008, 02:17 PM
Turambar

New Cherepanov interview out:

Quote:
- We’ll move on to hockey. They already wait for you in America, but nevertheless, when do you intend to try your strengths in the NHL?

- I will play out this season for Avangard, and we’ll see later. However, this is the last year of my contract.

- The KHL did everything so that young players would not leave. But people all the same have set off for North America. Why do you think that is?

- Perhaps our league also develops, but not as quickly a I would like. And then, the NHL is still stronger. It’s a very old league, to play in it is prestigious. But I believe that in a few years nobody will leave for there.

- Perhaps, it won’t be worth it for you to go overseas?

- For now, I’m not going to predict what will happen in the future.
http://www.beyondtheblueshirts.com/2...e-understands/

Old
08-23-2008, 02:52 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrJeff View Post
Well that doesn't sound very encouraging.

Old
08-23-2008, 03:13 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

meh, im still not sure what hes expected to say. Its like Jagr talking about leaving for Russia during last season, everyone KILLED him for doing that, but we all expect Cherepanov to constantly talk about how badly he wants to come here.

Its an interesting situation really, damned if you do, damned if you dont.

if he comes, awesome, if not, oh well, what can you do?

Old
08-23-2008, 03:17 PM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Well that doesn't sound very encouraging.
Remember the audience. He's addressing people that he has to play in front of for another season. If he says "I'm leaving after this season" he faces an entire season of "his heart isn't in it" and "he's already thinking about the NHL". Given the amount of crap he's taken from the press over the past year, I don't blame him for saying what he thinks they want to hear.

Edit to add: Alternately, I could delete what I just wrote and say: "Yeah, what Inferno said."

Old
08-23-2008, 03:39 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Remember the audience. He's addressing people that he has to play in front of for another season. If he says "I'm leaving after this season" he faces an entire season of "his heart isn't in it" and "he's already thinking about the NHL". Given the amount of crap he's taken from the press over the past year, I don't blame him for saying what he thinks they want to hear.

Edit to add: Alternately, I could delete what I just wrote and say: "Yeah, what Inferno said."

Old
08-23-2008, 03:47 PM
Turambar

Quote:

Well, that's the million dollar question. Is he really saying what he thinks they want to hear, or is he saying what he really feels and that just so happens to be in line with what they want to hear?

Personally, and I'm not trying to be negative or pessimistic, I really don't think he's going to come here, at least not next season. At best, I see him maybe coming over here when he's like 25 and can earn a full contract, and maybe by that time the KHL will have collapsed.

Old
08-23-2008, 04:55 PM
Avy*

Quote:

Wrong he addressing people that pay him. What the point of building team around him (him to) if he is gone after next season? He almost openly said "i dont want any problems with Avangard management". Smart boy.

Old
08-24-2008, 02:36 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Personally, i like his attitude.

He is all business.

He seems like he doesn't want to respond to any nonsense. He wants his performance speak for him.

And those assumptions of his laziness are being put to rest. He works hard off the ice and his production on the ice is off to a very good start this year.

Plus the fact he has been hitting the weight room should please some folks.

Old
08-24-2008, 08:07 PM
Avy*

Here you can watch Cherepanov assist on Kurrianov in the final match of KPB cup.

http://hksalavat.ru/e107_plugins/med...?download.2951

Old
08-24-2008, 09:07 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avy View Post
Here you can watch Cherepanov assist on Kurrianov in the final match of KPB cup.

His play making ability has really developed nicely.

No doubt about it, he is quite a dynamic offensive player.

Old
08-24-2008, 09:07 PM
Avy*

http://www.avangard-omsk.3dn.ru/news/2008-08-17-18

here video from other 3 matches on the same tourney.

Old
08-24-2008, 09:14 PM
Avy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PukkuMikku View Post
His play making ability has really developed nicely.

No doubt about it, he is quite a dynamic offensive player.
He is far from dynamic player. You know there is players which score from rush above all and there is players which excels in positional hockey. He is later kind of player.

Old
08-24-2008, 09:36 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
He is far from dynamic player. You know there is players which score from rush above all and there is players which excels in positional hockey. He is later kind of player.
I'm going to have to respectfully disagree.

Old
08-24-2008, 09:43 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:

Thats a pretty damn nice assist. He pulled it back a bit to get a better angle..and was able to make a tape to tape pass to give his man the semi breakaway....very nice!

Old
08-24-2008, 09:49 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

I think we've got a translation problem - I'm guessing that Avy isn't understanding your use of the word dynamic. He's taking it to mean that Cherepanov is primarily a rush player - and he disagrees.

Whereas you're using dynamic as highlighted below:

Dynamic: adj. pertaining to or characterized by energy or effective action; vigorously active or forceful; energetic

Or at least that's my take. Avy, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Old
08-24-2008, 11:15 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
I think we've got a translation problem - I'm guessing that Avy isn't understanding your use of the word dynamic. He's taking it to mean that Cherepanov is primarily a rush player - and he disagrees.

Whereas you're using dynamic as highlighted below:

Dynamic: adj. pertaining to or characterized by energy or effective action; vigorously active or forceful; energetic

Or at least that's my take. Avy, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
I think you are right.

The way i meant it was: Cherepanov is an exciting offensive player = dynamic.

And if Avy meant that Cherepanov is not primarily a rush player, he is correct.

I agree, i think there may have been a miss-communication there.

Old
08-27-2008, 11:01 AM
Turambar

Apparently the Rangers might lost Cherepanov's right if he's not signed by June 1, 2009:

Quote:
The issue at hand concerns the status of drafted European players who do not sign before June 2 of the second calendar year following their selections. Article 8.6 of the CBA states that clubs lose their rights to such players if they are not signed on or by that date.

The Rangers, therefore, would lose their rights to Alexei Cherepanov, whom they selected 17th overall in 2007, if the Russian does not sign by June 1, 2009. Under terms of the CBA, Cherepanov, currently under contract to KHL Omsk, would be available for claim in the 2009 Entry Draft. The Rangers would receive the 17th pick of the second round as compensation.
http://www.nypost.com/seven/08272008...gue_126258.htm

Old
08-27-2008, 11:13 AM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrJeff View Post
Apparently the Rangers might lost Cherepanov's right if he's not signed by June 1, 2009:

http://www.nypost.com/seven/08272008...gue_126258.htm
This is just Uncle Larry trying to work Ranger fans up into a lather again. The Rangers knew when they drafted him that they'd have two years to sign him. It could turn out that they have longer, if the NHL's declaration of "defected status" stands against the NHLPA's challenge. Either way, if he decides he's coming next year, the Rangers will have plenty of time to sign him after the KHL season ends. And if decides not to, chances are no one's going to waste another draft pick on him anyway.

Old
08-27-2008, 12:34 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Exactly, sqush.

June is June.

There will be a window of a couple months between KHL season's end and June 2nd.

Closed Thread