HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

Who would you rather FG acquire?

Old
07-21-2008, 08:21 PM
LTC Pain

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
Brewer is the missing link.
Confirmed! Brewer = Neandrethal = missing link!

LTC Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2008, 10:52 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
Brewer is the missing link.
I knew it !

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 01:54 PM
NOTENOUGHBREWER

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfc64 View Post
Kaberle (Tor) or Bouwmeester (Flo) or Khabibulin (Chi)

The bait is Svatos, Cumiskey, Clark, Leopold, Williams (damn fine defense prospect, but so is Shattenkirk) and Budaj (if a goalie).
Khabibulin sucks. Kaberle is overrated by playing in Toronto. Bouwmeester is good but he's no Brewer. Canada has never won a medal at Olympics where Bouwmeester participated.

NOTENOUGHBREWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 02:00 PM
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTENOUGHBREWER View Post
Kaberle is overrated by playing in Toronto.
Toronto is not what I would call a good team. How exactly does that make him overrated?

Huis Clos* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 03:44 PM
Nordique

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTC Pain View Post
Eric Brewer = Darren Hatcher = Adam Foote = Neandrethals on skates
fixed

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2008, 05:15 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

vCash: 50
Not that he was mentioned by the OP or that we have a possibility of getting the guy, but I'd still like to see Shanny on this team. He's the kinda player I admire and respect. He's old and is slowing down but could still help both our PK and PP and might be the only guy outside of Mats Sundin that could help fill the void if Joe doesn't come back.

I simply think Joe has placed the AVs in a position where the future resides on him. I love and respect what he is doing with one-year contracts but it is a two-edge sword when it takes so friggin' long to decide if he wants to play again or not. I'd rather have had the AVs go out and plan on him not being back and then offer him everything left if he decided to play again than be stuck with a handful of cash and no once decent to spend it on if Joe decides to hang 'em up. Its a nice sentiment to hold back and wait for Joe, but it will bring little comfort when watching the team suck balls this winter if he decides to retire.

expatriated_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2008, 07:26 PM
crucifux

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriated_texan View Post
I'd rather have had the AVs go out and plan on him not being back and then offer him everything left if he decided to play again than be stuck with a handful of cash and no once decent to spend it on if Joe decides to hang 'em up.
i'd rather have the avs keep the cash than spend it on almost any of the players available this year. outside of hossa, sundin and maybe campbell, it was a very weak year for ufa's, and many mediocre players (ahem finger) cashed in on it. i'd rather save the room this year and either use it on a deadline rental or for next year when better players (such as bouwmeester) can be had..

crucifux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2008, 07:39 PM
jfc64

Quote:
Khabibulin sucks. Kaberle is overrated by playing in Toronto. Bouwmeester is good but he's no Brewer. Canada has never won a medal at Olympics where Bouwmeester participated.
Disagree. Disagree and agree. Like It was Bouwmeester's fault?

jfc64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2008, 07:39 PM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriated_texan View Post
Not that he was mentioned by the OP or that we have a possibility of getting the guy, but I'd still like to see Shanny on this team. He's the kinda player I admire and respect. He's old and is slowing down but could still help both our PK and PP and might be the only guy outside of Mats Sundin that could help fill the void if Joe doesn't come back.

I simply think Joe has placed the AVs in a position where the future resides on him. I love and respect what he is doing with one-year contracts but it is a two-edge sword when it takes so friggin' long to decide if he wants to play again or not. I'd rather have had the AVs go out and plan on him not being back and then offer him everything left if he decided to play again than be stuck with a handful of cash and no once decent to spend it on if Joe decides to hang 'em up. Its a nice sentiment to hold back and wait for Joe, but it will bring little comfort when watching the team suck balls this winter if he decides to retire.
He and Foote can room together.

Hasbro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2008, 02:35 AM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro View Post
He and Foote can room together.
Without going into gory details not suitable for a family-friendly hockey board such as this, I'll just leave it as this...It would be nice to see Shanny and Footer on the same team on NHL ice; but, I'm pretty sure they both get their own room.

expatriated_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2008, 10:07 AM
Hennessy
Blank Space

vCash: 1100
Yesterday in my EA NHL game I traded Leopold for Brewer. Then again, I also picked up Sundin and Brodeur as UFAs and drafted a vanity prospect I created of myself. Oh, and Lappy went elsewhere and scored 14 goals in the first 6 games of the season, as well as racking up 123 PIM. I think I need a smarter game.

Hennessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2008, 05:21 PM
NOTENOUGHBREWER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennessy View Post
Yesterday in my EA NHL game I traded Leopold for Brewer. Then again, I also picked up Sundin and Brodeur as UFAs and drafted a vanity prospect I created of myself. Oh, and Lappy went elsewhere and scored 14 goals in the first 6 games of the season, as well as racking up 123 PIM. I think I need a smarter game.
Leopold for Brewer almost as good a deal as the Patrick Roy trade.

NOTENOUGHBREWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 03:15 AM
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues

Quote:
That hurts.

I'm going to the Blues forum where they appreciate talent.
I hope your not talking about Blues fans appreciating Brewer. They don't know how to do that.

Randall Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote