HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jay-Bo, Horcoff, Williams/Bieksa....Sundin, August 18th

Old
08-18-2008, 05:18 PM
Luongo2008*

vCash: 500
Jay-Bo, Horcoff, Williams/Bieksa....Sundin, August 18th

Quote:
My sources are in agreement than The Flyers, Leafs, Canucks, Blues and Kings all have "the most serious" interest in Jay Bouwmeester.

Sources are saying either Allen or Van Ryn are currently headed Toronto's way, but the Panthers know the Leafs want Bouwmeester and they are aggressively looking at what interest they can generate.

Just got a text that the Canes are interested in Bieksa and that the Canucks really like Justin Williams. The source added, "More to this as far as players go that would head to Carolina, but this is the rumor to watch for the next 48-72 hours."

As for Sundin, this is not surprising...However I really don't know about Philly and Mats. I will check into it today. I know there was a time about two years ago when the Flyers and Leafs had discussions regarding Mats...but I am very much hearing that the Flyers are looking D, however if Carter needs to be moved to get that D, then Sundin makes sense. Carter and Sundin doesn't make sense to me.

A good source told me today that one of the players in the continuing talks between Montreal and Edmonton does appear to be Horcoff....

Larry Brooks in today's NY Post..
Free-agent center Mats Sundin has declared his interest in playing for the Rangers this season, well-connected sources have told The Post.

J.P. Barry, who represents the elite, 37-year-old former Toronto pivot, has been in constant communication with Rangers front-office personnel this week, The Post has learned, though the conversations have not reached the stage of a contract negotiation.

There have been no numbers exchanged between Sundin and the Rangers, who have approximately $2 million of cap space to spend on the 2008-09 roster.

We're told Sundin, who recorded 78 points (32-46) last season, has no interest in returning to the Maple Leafs, who have offered him a one-year, $7M contract to re-up. Sundin apparently has negligible interest in joining Montreal, which has been chasing him since February, or Vancouver, which has offered a two-year, $20M deal.

Indeed, sources report that No. 13's second choice is Philadelphia, whose GM, Paul Holmgren, has been aggressive in his pursuit of the first-line center who could swing the balance of power in the East.
Eklund

Luongo2008* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 05:22 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

really, really old

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 05:23 PM
Epsilon
#TeamHolland

Eklund: "Larry Brooks is stealing some of my spotlight with his made-up Sundin rumors, better pull out the kitchen sink!"

Epsilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 05:25 PM
MeestaDeteta

vCash: 250
I really wish we could get any posts containing Ecklund as a source locked. Any poster on here can make the same 'rumours' he's making up.

MeestaDeteta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 05:28 PM
mercury

Holmgren somehow swung a Carter+ deal for Bouwmeester AND signed Sundin on the cheap, this board would be fried.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 05:30 PM
TheLeastOfTheBunch

Sources say Eklund made up all of this.

E55,555.

TheLeastOfTheBunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 05:43 PM
camperjr

Eklund has done it again. How much of this is going to happen, really?

camperjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 05:47 PM
voxel

Can somebody track all the Eklund rumours in the past year and keep track of how many were wrong? i.e 99.999999% of them.

Take that evidence and display to newbies as they register or try to post an Eklund "rumour"

voxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 05:48 PM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

Eklund looking for hits (E57)

Systemfel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 05:49 PM
lemieux32*

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedetector View Post
I really wish we could get any posts containing Ecklund as a source locked. Any poster on here can make the same 'rumours' he's making up.
I wish we could get any poster who whines about Eklund because the poster tries to take every rumor as fact banned.

lemieux32* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 05:52 PM
Ha Ha 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by voxel View Post
Can somebody track all the Eklund rumours in the past year and keep track of how many were wrong? i.e 99.999999% of them.

Take that evidence and display to newbies as they register or try to post an Eklund "rumour"
Last year Eklund said Hamrlik ans Smolinski will be going to the Habs and they did ans Souray would go to the Devils NYR or the Oilers and he went to the oilers well we all know he says stupid rumors like maybe tomorow hell say Sundin to LA but hes right somethimes all writer right what they hear and he wrights what he hears so hes just doing his job

Ha Ha 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 05:53 PM
huntison

So what's the purposed trade?

Bieksa straight up for Willams?

huntison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 05:56 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

He's better at signings and Bieksa for Williams straight up is just wrong. Carolina gets it hard.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 05:57 PM
timorousme
luongod

i guess it could be whatever you want it to be.

tooth fairy + easter bunny

for

santa claus + 2nd rd

timorousme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 05:58 PM
NJ_CATS_FAN
We Suck Yet Again

When will everyone wake up and just say the hell with Eklund and all his ********. His ******** rumors were funny at the beginning, but now its just ridiculous. "My sources are in agreement", well my sources are all in agreement and Eklund is a schmuck. Are you kidding me. It just gets worse and worse, everyone needs to stop feeding from his ********. Just like the main point of Carlins last HBO special, "Its all ********, and its bad for ya". Everyone just needs to completely ignore him and let him disappear, but noone can seem to do that.

Last edited by NJ_CATS_FAN: 08-18-2008 at 06:07 PM.
NJ_CATS_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 06:45 PM
TheKingPin

I was against getting Jbo for Carter, but I would def do it if he signed around 6 mill and Sundin signed a two year deal of 2 mill each.

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 07:20 PM
Smokingpotatoes*

Bieksa aint going nowhere, why not trade ohlund it is a smarter trade

Smokingpotatoes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 07:22 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPin View Post
I was against getting Jbo for Carter, but I would def do it if he signed around 6 mill and Sundin signed a two year deal of 2 mill each.
2 mil is a pipe dream, my friend.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 07:34 PM
Other Little Mikey

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemieux32 View Post
I wish we could get any poster who whines about Eklund because the poster tries to take every rumor as fact banned.
It's not the fact that he posts rumours, it's that he posts rumours THAT MAKE ZERO PLAUSIBLE SENSE.

The Oilers trading Horcoff ... in what UNIVERSE does that happen when they just signed him to a massive extension? And before anyone brings up LA and Visnovsky, the Oilers' current status is completely different from the Kings'.

Other Little Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 07:46 PM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemieux32 View Post
I really wish Eklunds wife would quit trolling the boards.

Frenzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 08:01 PM
CorpseFX

vCash: 50
why would we be watching for a "RUMOR" 48-72 hours from now, when the rumor is already out there in the present (and as usual, nothing will materialize from this made up rumor)?

"3am, cant sleep, just thought of a rumor. horcoff to montreal.. cause Edmonton somehow doesnt like his abilities anymore after the contract extension." give me a break.

CorpseFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 08:16 PM
lemieux32*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy1 View Post
I really wish Eklunds wife would quit trolling the boards.
You really need to get a life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Other Little Mikey View Post
It's not the fact that he posts rumours, it's that he posts rumours THAT MAKE ZERO PLAUSIBLE SENSE.

The Oilers trading Horcoff ... in what UNIVERSE does that happen when they just signed him to a massive extension? And before anyone brings up LA and Visnovsky, the Oilers' current status is completely different from the Kings'.
1) You really are one that don't get it. He posts all of the rumors he hears and he tells you this and tells you his rating system. With that it's up to you to figure out which ones to take as fact and it;s clear that many people are too stupid to figure this out.

2) In what universe (note that I don't need to yell that word) does arguably the best player of all time get traded in his prime coming off of four Cups in five years? Anything can happen, whether you want to believe it or not or dislike Eklund or not.

3) A few years back a guy did a study of Eklunds rumors for a season and found his success rate, using his rating system was on par with the "respected" guys.

lemieux32* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 08:21 PM
wahoyaho

Ban Luongo10

wahoyaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 08:23 PM
EpochLink
Canucks and Jets fan

Eklund eats an apple a day to keep the doctor away (E5)

EpochLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 08:23 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_CATS_FAN View Post
When will everyone wake up and just say the hell with Eklund and all his ********. His ******** rumors were funny at the beginning, but now its just ridiculous. "My sources are in agreement", well my sources are all in agreement and Eklund is a schmuck. Are you kidding me. It just gets worse and worse, everyone needs to stop feeding from his ********. Just like the main point of Carlins last HBO special, "Its all ********, and its bad for ya". Everyone just needs to completely ignore him and let him disappear, but noone can seem to do that.
You mean like ignoring threads prefaced with the word "Eklund" instead of clicking on them and posting some ridiculous rant to bump it up to the top of the page?

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote