HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

CCM Vector U+ Stick Anyone??

Old
08-18-2008, 05:25 PM
Sm0otHocKeySPeeD

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Sm0otHocKeySPeeD
CCM Vector U+ Stick Anyone??

Was curious if anyone is using this stick because I'm in the market for a new one.

I'm coming off of 2 major knee surgeries and 1 minor one in the last 2 years and my Doctor said I could resume skating in about 2 months. Physical Therapy is going great and I haven't felt this good in about 6 years.

I'm 30 years old now and to say that I'm ecstatic is a huge understatement. I was told by my previous Doctor that I might not ever play again.

I played Division 1 mens league prior to getting injured and although it will take months and months to get back into that shape...I'm probably looking at taking a step down or 2 divisions for the time being.

Anyhow, I not only love the style of this stick but the Recchi pattern and lie looks almost identical to an old Tim Taylor pattern I used with great success.

I'm a pretty decent stickhandler but my size restricts me to using a 75-85 Flex. (No complaints there)

Anyone have a review for this stick? Impressions?

PS...Sorry for the long story. I'm just excited and figured I'd share with everyone since the last post I made was me probably not being able to play ever again.

TIA

-Brian

Sm0otHocKeySPeeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2008, 12:11 AM
Sm0otHocKeySPeeD

I guess no one owns this stick, eh??

Old
08-19-2008, 07:43 AM
NYRSinceBirth

I don't know, it seems gimmicky, plus I haven't heard of anyone that's used it. I'm using a One90 and absolutely love it, and the price is extremely good at $120 on HockeyMonkey. Maybe give that a try?

NYRSinceBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2008, 09:26 AM
stick9

I checked one out last week and wasn't impressed. It was kind of heavy and unbalanced.

IMO, you can do a lot better for the price.

stick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2008, 10:56 AM
CaptBrannigan

I use it and it is great. Kinda heavy? I don't think you had a U. It's going to have the most uniform flex of any composite stick due to it's construction. On other composites the material is of variable thickness inside the stick, leading to points that are weaker and/or points that do not maintain the same flex.

I also am using the Recchi curve.

CaptBrannigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2008, 12:32 PM
EazyB97

I had a Steen pro-stock U+ and loved it. Only used it a short while, as it was broken on a nasty slash, but it was very good while it lasted. Strong kick, excellent balance and suited my prefrences really well (shape wise). If it feels good in your hands, I'd suggest it. It didn't have amazing kick, but was onpar with most OPS I've used.

EazyB97 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2008, 01:05 PM
PanthersRule96

I worked at a rink as a coach over the summer and took one out of the proshop for a whirl. Both the Lecavalier and Ovechkin patterns. I had only used the Recchi or the Lindros from Bauer and I never switch it up, but both curves were great and the stick was very well balanced. It was light, but at the same time felt solid. The shaft is thinner than some, which I prefer, as opposed to the big square shafts one one90 sticks or the CNT stealths. The release was fantastic. I could really snap shots off pretty quickly. I use Vapor XXXX OPS, but I really thought the U+ kicked much better and got a better shot off. Great stick, and I really wanted one IMO.

PanthersRule96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2008, 01:50 PM
Sm0otHocKeySPeeD

Thanks for the info guys!

Old
08-19-2008, 02:30 PM
PanthersRule96

No prob......now go out and buy the NBH 9500 helmet and the Vapor XXXX core pants if you're looking for those two items of equipment. Two of the better items NBH has ever come out with. The helmet is phenomenal and the cage on it gives about the same visability as a visor does, believe it or not.

PanthersRule96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2008, 03:30 PM
Sm0otHocKeySPeeD

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersRule96 View Post
No prob......now go out and buy the NBH 9500 helmet and the Vapor XXXX core pants if you're looking for those two items of equipment. Two of the better items NBH has ever come out with. The helmet is phenomenal and the cage on it gives about the same visability as a visor does, believe it or not.
LoL...the division I play in will allow me to wear a half shield. No cages FTW.

I'll keep it in mind for Open hockey as I'm definitely in the market for a new helmet and pants.

Thanks for that info.

Old
08-19-2008, 05:12 PM
deanosaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersRule96 View Post
A cage will never give you the same visibility as a visor no matter what...
It may give you "better" visibility than other cages, but nothing more.

deanosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2008, 04:46 AM
Sm0otHocKeySPeeD

Exactly...

After playing with a half shield for so many years...I absolutely hate when I have to go back to wearing a cage for one game here and there.

It's so weird...

Quote:
Originally Posted by deangamblin View Post
A cage will never give you the same visibility as a visor no matter what...
It may give you "better" visibility than other cages, but nothing more.