HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The LW-Beaker Thread Part XIII The Beaker's Away... PARTY! Edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-19-2008, 09:27 PM
  #101
GoneAway
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
My big idea would have to have little overhead...and ideally be geared towards the business world...

IMO, consumers change their minds too often

 
Old
08-19-2008, 09:28 PM
  #102
ESunlin
Registered User
 
ESunlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 3,864
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to ESunlin Send a message via Yahoo to ESunlin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Chezz View Post
Maybe he's not that into you...I know the truth hurts, but guys tend to not be very direct when it comes to these things
Little confused by this one...

I don't know if he is, but it's killing me to NOT know.... My life is f-ing miserable whenever I think about it, and I'm just scared that I let a great thing walk away, and I'll regret not saying anything...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Are you sure you want to do it face to face? Like Blades0fSteel said, it's better to do it on messenger.

What happens if it gets awkward after you tell him? Then you actually have to excuse yourself from his presence and it's just going to be some really long moments. Where on messenger, it's recoupable, all you gotta do if it gets awkward is sign out.

But if you're doing it face to face, well, you got more balls than I do.
Messenger is like.... breaking up on MySpace. Not cool.

If I had balls, they would totally be sucked up into my body right now. It's not that I WANT to do this, but I will totally regret if I don't. This ****ing blows.


Last edited by Beakermania*: 08-31-2008 at 01:27 PM.
ESunlin is offline  
Old
08-19-2008, 09:30 PM
  #103
AD
Registered User
 
AD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bigassofficetower
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 14,576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Are you sure you want to do it face to face? Like Blades0fSteel said, it's better to do it on messenger.

What happens if it gets awkward after you tell him? Then you actually have to excuse yourself from his presence and it's just going to be some really long moments. Where on messenger, it's recoupable, all you gotta do if it gets awkward is sign out.

But if you're doing it face to face, well, you got more balls than I do.
I really disagree.

Important conversations should, for the most part, be done face to face. Communication is at its best when you can see the non-spoken dialogue of the other.



Plus.. be honest and straightforward. It beats being a coward.

AD is offline  
Old
08-19-2008, 09:34 PM
  #104
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AD View Post
Most grocery stores give out recipes on small papers or cards near the produce or meat sections.

So the touch screen thing has to be MUCH better or MUCH more complete.
It's filled with porn.

znk is offline  
Old
08-19-2008, 09:34 PM
  #105
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,310
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESunlin View Post
Messenger is like.... breaking up on MySpace. Not cool.

If I had balls, they would totally be sucked up into my body right now. It's not that I WANT to do this, but I will totally regret if I don't. This ****ing blows.
It's definitely better than regret. I can definitely say this as I regret many many things. I just regret not fighting even if in the end I ended up hating all the girls I would've been fighting for. I wish you good luck, I wish I could be of more help but honestly my advice is the worst you'll get here. I have no idea what I'm talking about, all I can do is give guesses and personal opinions which might not hold a lot of water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD View Post
I really disagree.

Important conversations should, for the most part, be done face to face. Communication is at its best when you can see the non-spoken dialogue of the other.



Plus.. be honest and straightforward. It beats being a coward.
Not that I disagree with anything you just said, AD. But I don't think the Messenger idea is really that bad in this situation where it's not like they are a couple. In my case it would be terrible, It'd be like "Oh, you don't want this.. okay, let me call my ride and get picked up.." and the awkward wait. I don't have a car I can sneak into and get the hell outta there.

WeThreeKings is online now  
Old
08-19-2008, 09:38 PM
  #106
AD
Registered User
 
AD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bigassofficetower
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 14,576
vCash: 500
Yeah I see..

But I need to look into the person's eyes to understand what they're sayin'... I don't even like the phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
It's filled with porn.
I have money to invest. just say the word.


Last edited by Beakermania*: 08-31-2008 at 01:29 PM.
AD is offline  
Old
08-19-2008, 09:40 PM
  #107
Stewart JH Esq MBE
 
Stewart JH Esq MBE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Cameroon
Posts: 1,026
vCash: 500
Stop it, ESunlin. You're embarrassing yourself.

Are you fat btw?

Stewart JH Esq MBE is offline  
Old
08-19-2008, 09:43 PM
  #108
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,310
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by AD View Post
Yeah I see..

But I need to look into the person's eyes to understand what they're sayin'... I don't even like the phone.
I hate the phone. It's like the worst of all three. If I'm in person, it's just natural. If I'm talking on messenger, I can think about everything I'm saying, I can have a conversation while I'm listening to music and browsing a bunch of things..

But the phone, you are tied up, can't do anything physically. You are having an awkward convo with someone you can't see. It's suicide.

WeThreeKings is online now  
Old
08-19-2008, 09:50 PM
  #109
AD
Registered User
 
AD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bigassofficetower
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 14,576
vCash: 500
Its part of the rules guys should never forget when appraching women in the first few weeks of courtship.


1- Keep phone conversations to a minimum. Keep non-date conversations to a minimum. It is important that she think you're busy most of the time.


2- Do not initiate touching in any manner whatsoever. Let het touch you for the first time each time you meet.


3- Keep "driving time" to a minimum. Don't pick her up if there's a choice. Have her meet you there.


4- Don't buy gifts. She's not a prostitute, she's a lady. Don't offer to pay either.


5- Don't talk about your feelings. Keep the topics light. Evade talking about your history, past relationships (whether you've had hundreds or none), etc.. by making light humourous intervetions.


6- Keep her talking about herself.


7- Don't ask for a second date immediately.


8- Kiss her at the end.


9- Leave.


10- Don't call the same night. Don't call the next morning. Call her the next wednesday morning. Something short. Ask her for a date on thursday night.. "just for a drink".

If she says no. Let it go and never initiate a call again.

AD is offline  
Old
08-19-2008, 09:52 PM
  #110
ESunlin
Registered User
 
ESunlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 3,864
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to ESunlin Send a message via Yahoo to ESunlin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart JH Esq MBE View Post
Stop it, ESunlin. You're embarrassing yourself.

Are you fat btw?
Actually, no I don't feel embarrassed, but thanks for the concern.

And no, I am not fat

AD, that is awesome. Love the list.

ESunlin is offline  
Old
08-19-2008, 09:54 PM
  #111
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,310
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by AD View Post
Its part of the rules guys should never forget when appraching women in the first few weeks of courtship.


1- Keep phone conversations to a minimum. Keep non-date conversations to a minimum. It is important that she think you're busy most of the time.


2- Do not initiate touching in any manner whatsoever. Let het touch you for the first time each time you meet.


3- Keep "driving time" to a minimum. Don't pick her up if there's a choice. Have her meet you there.


4- Don't buy gifts. She's not a prostitute, she's a lady. Don't offer to pay either.


5- Don't talk about your feelings. Keep the topics light. Evade talking about your history, past relationships (whether you've had hundreds or none), etc.. by making light humourous intervetions.


6- Keep her talking about herself.


7- Don't ask for a second date immediately.


8- Kiss her at the end.


9- Leave.


10- Don't call the same night. Don't call the next morning. Call her the next wednesday morning. Something short. Ask her for a date on thursday night.. "just for a drink".

If she says no. Let it go and never initiate a call again.
I'm not so worried about that part. I'm more in line to getting to a first date.

WeThreeKings is online now  
Old
08-19-2008, 09:55 PM
  #112
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AD View Post
Its part of the rules guys should never forget when appraching women in the first few weeks of courtship.


1- Keep phone conversations to a minimum. Keep non-date conversations to a minimum. It is important that she think you're busy most of the time.


2- Do not initiate touching in any manner whatsoever. Let het touvh you for the first time each time you meet.


3- Keep "driving time" to a minimum. Don't pick her up if there's a choice. Have her meet you there.


4- Don't buy gifts. She's not a prostitute, she's a lady. Don't offer to pay either.


5- Don't talk about your feelings. Keep the topics light. Evade talking about your history, past relationships (whether you've had hundreds or none), etc.. by making light humourous intervetions.


6- Keep her talking about herself.


7- Don't ask for a second date immediately.


8- Kiss her at the end.


9- Leave.
****. I had to scrool down to point 4 before I realized this was the wrong set of rules.

Just in case....point 8. What do I kiss? What do I kiss?

znk is offline  
Old
08-19-2008, 09:56 PM
  #113
AD
Registered User
 
AD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bigassofficetower
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 14,576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
****. I had to scrool down to point 4 before I realized this was the wrong set of rules.

Just in case....point 8. What do I kiss? What do I kiss?
This is the right set of rules.

Men have just forgotten them...






An easy principle is the James Bond rule:

"Every time you're about to do or say something, ask yourself: Would James Bond do this?"

AD is offline  
Old
08-19-2008, 09:57 PM
  #114
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,310
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESunlin View Post
Actually, no I don't feel embarrassed, but thanks for the concern.

And no, I am not fat

AD, that is awesome. Love the list.
That's Stewart's idea of flirting.

Actually, I'm not sure, I think he said he's gay. I don't know how to take that guy at all. And, ugh, please on gay jokes to that last sentence. It'd be lame after I just pointed out one could be made.

WeThreeKings is online now  
Old
08-19-2008, 09:58 PM
  #115
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AD View Post
This is the right set of rules.

Men have just forgotten them...






An easy principle is the James Bond rule:

"Every time you're about to do or say something, ask yourself: Would James Bond do this?"
I have to forget she's a prostitute?

znk is offline  
Old
08-19-2008, 10:00 PM
  #116
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,310
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
I have to forget she's a prostitute?
They aren't prostitutes. You don't pay them to have sex with you. They take your money because they're having sex with you.

WeThreeKings is online now  
Old
08-19-2008, 10:00 PM
  #117
AD
Registered User
 
AD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bigassofficetower
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 14,576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
I have to forget she's a prostitute?
Oh...

AD is offline  
Old
08-19-2008, 10:04 PM
  #118
ESunlin
Registered User
 
ESunlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 3,864
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to ESunlin Send a message via Yahoo to ESunlin
If this is guy logic, I so don't want to know. I'm lost...

ESunlin is offline  
Old
08-19-2008, 10:05 PM
  #119
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,310
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESunlin View Post
If this is guy logic, I so don't want to know. I'm lost...
This is reminding me of a Jerry Seinfeld bit.

WeThreeKings is online now  
Old
08-19-2008, 10:07 PM
  #120
AD
Registered User
 
AD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bigassofficetower
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 14,576
vCash: 500
Also.. a beer or a glass of wine can help.

AD is offline  
Old
08-19-2008, 10:12 PM
  #121
Blades 0f Steel
Registered User
 
Blades 0f Steel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Tibet
Posts: 11,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESunlin View Post
Messenger is like.... breaking up on MySpace. Not cool.

If I had balls, they would totally be sucked up into my body right now. It's not that I WANT to do this, but I will totally regret if I don't. This ****ing blows.
I said to try and guage his feelings by being sly about it on messenger. I never said to drop a bombshell on him via the internets. Do what you assume he did to you: propose a hypothetical situation to guage interest.

I don't see why you have to blindside the guy like that and risk it blowing up in your face.

Blades 0f Steel is offline  
Old
08-19-2008, 10:18 PM
  #122
Stewart JH Esq MBE
 
Stewart JH Esq MBE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Cameroon
Posts: 1,026
vCash: 500
Usually, when I want to tell a guy I like him, I just put my hand on his crotch.

PM 4 u WTK!


Last edited by Beakermania*: 08-31-2008 at 01:32 PM.
Stewart JH Esq MBE is offline  
Old
08-19-2008, 10:20 PM
  #123
Blades 0f Steel
Registered User
 
Blades 0f Steel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Tibet
Posts: 11,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart JH Esq MBE View Post
Usually, when I want to tell a guy I like him, I just put my hand on his crotch.
oh that was your hand?


...so I decked H10H for nothing...

Blades 0f Steel is offline  
Old
08-19-2008, 10:23 PM
  #124
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,310
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart JH Esq MBE View Post
PM 4 u WTK!
So.... confused...

WeThreeKings is online now  
Old
08-19-2008, 10:29 PM
  #125
anarmandaleb
 
anarmandaleb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hiding in a blanket
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,619
vCash: 500
Hey E, how old are you, if you don't mind my asking?

anarmandaleb is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:58 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.