HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Question

Old
08-19-2008, 11:33 PM
deanosaur

vCash: 500
Question

So I'm not sure if he's still in the Ranger system anymore or not... Anyone got updates or info on Rick Kozak? was traded too NY from PHI a few years ago.

deanosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2008, 11:48 PM
the zamboni

He played the past two seasons with the Mississippi (formerly Memphis) Riverkings of the CHL. He's a fan favorite down here. I saw him play a few times, he was good at the CHL level. He had some problems with the coach in Charlotte (ECHL) and the Rangers struck up an affiliation agreement with Riverkings so Kozak could go there. I believe the connection was made between Sather and Kevin McClelland, the 'Kings coach who played with the Oilers back in the day. I think his contract expired this year though, and he wasn't resigned.

the zamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2008, 11:49 PM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by deangamblin View Post
So I'm not sure if he's still in the Ranger system anymore or not... Anyone got updates or info on Rick Kozak? was traded too NY from PHI a few years ago.
Gonzo. As of last season he was playing in the league below the ECHL, after some sort of conflict made him persona non grata in Charlotte. His contract with the Rangers expired this summer and he was not offered a new one.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2008, 12:19 AM
deanosaur

Nevermind, I got info. Playing in England next season. Before one of you asks "source" well a buddy of mine is his cousin and they train together in the off season so ya.
But thanks though, I was hoping he would of stayed atleast in the ECHL upcoming seasons.

deanosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2008, 03:20 PM
Cherepanisimov

Quote:
Originally Posted by deangamblin View Post
Nevermind, I got info. Playing in England next season. Before one of you asks "source" well a buddy of mine is his cousin and they train together in the off season so ya.
But thanks though, I was hoping he would of stayed atleast in the ECHL upcoming seasons.
steelers, right?

Cherepanisimov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2008, 05:03 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
I met Kozak, really nice kid........liked talkin about hockey. Actually out of all the players i have met he was probably one of the most talkative with the fans. Too bad he didn't work out........GL in England Ricky!

Radek27 is online now   Reply With Quote