HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cherepanov Max-ELC

Old
08-20-2008, 03:31 PM
Cherepanisimov

vCash: 500
Cherepanov Max-ELC

What is the most we can offer AC on an ELC next year?

Cherepanisimov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2008, 03:45 PM
Canad93

I believe it's $975,000 plus bonuses

Canad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2008, 04:25 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

2-3 mil in bonuses and 875k in annual salary i believe.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2008, 05:00 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Why does he deserve the max? He hasn't played in one friggin game over here. He should come for whatever we offer. We took a gamble on him and saved his ass on the first round free fall, and waited 3 years for him to get over, and let him play a year over there with his buddy Jags........max my ass.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2008, 05:07 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
Why does he deserve the max? He hasn't played in one friggin game over here. He should come for whatever we offer. We took a gamble on him and saved his ass on the first round free fall, and waited 3 years for him to get over, and let him play a year over there with his buddy Jags........max my ass.
Thank god you are not making decisions for the team...

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2008, 05:13 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Taking that approach, we'd never get him to come over. We're going to have to give him a lot of money to come here. That's the nature of dealing with high profile international prospects, ever more so with the emergence of the KHL.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2008, 05:16 PM
Radek27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Thank god you are not making decisions for the team...
Hey are the Preds getting a dime back of the max they gave Radulov? How about Svitov's or Chistov's? On HF boards when they were drafted they were looked upon almost as hi as Cherry. After his stunt I don't give one russian max rookie contract. If CLB is smart they do the same with thier youngster.

Old
08-20-2008, 05:17 PM
Radek27

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Taking that approach, we'd never get him to come over. We're going to have to give him a lot of money to come here. That's the nature of dealing with high profile international prospects, ever more so with the emergence of the KHL.
He already said he WANTS to come to the NHL, he WANTS to be a Rangers. Why do we have to waive max money in his face to make it happen? The Rangers should be smart with this guy.

Old
08-20-2008, 05:25 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
He already said he WANTS to come to the NHL, he WANTS to be a Rangers. Why do we have to waive max money in his face to make it happen? The Rangers should be smart with this guy.
Alright, maybe you're right and he wants to come over so badly he'll take chump change. I wouldn't hold your breath on that. It's still a business-- Cherry will likely negotiate for the most he can get. When the terms are announced, I'd be surprised if Cherepanov agreed to much less than the max.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2008, 05:28 PM
Unk

Quote:
Didn't we draft him in 2007, only one year ago? And didn't a lot of people agree he needs one more year in the KHL before he's ready, or a 2009 debut in the NHL. I hardly consider waiting two years for a prospect to be ready after being drafted to be such a long wait. I hardly consider $975,000 max to be a bad deal, especially if he's gonna be a top-6 forward. However with Zherdev, Dubinsky, and Dawes needing to be re-signed, I doubt we'll be able to afford massive bonuses.

Unk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2008, 05:33 PM
Irish Blues

vCash: 91
He could get a maximum NHL salary of $875,000 in salary per year [maximum $65,000 AHL salary] and up to $2.85 million in bonuses [$850,000 in Schedule A, $2 million in Schedule B].

What should he get? Given that he was drafted at #17, the maximum allowable salary is almost guaranteed - he should get a shot at some bonuses, but no more than $425,000 total.

08-20-2008, 06:07 PM
Garfinkel1

I saw we give him like 500,000$ and 2mill in bonuses. Goals and assists. Make him work for his $$.

Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2008, 06:26 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
It hasn't been three years. It won't be three years when he comes over either. It will have been two whole whopping years and he will be a whopping 20 years old when he comes over next year.

The reason he didn't come this year is there is NO TRANSFER AGREEMENT. If he decided to come over this year and break his contractual agreement, it would have been a major fiasco and by him honoring the final year of his contract the Rangers avoid a headache and he is eligible to play for Russia's international teams, which Russia made clear anyone breaking contractual agreements would be banned from their international teams.

Cherepanov has been honest until this point, unlike everyone's golden Russian boys Malkin, who escaped in the middle of the night like a baby and not a mature adult. And, Filatov, who lied to the faces of every NHL GM when he said he didn't have a contract in Russia, which now his old team is claiming he does.

We didn't, as you put it, "save his *** from first round free fall." Someone would have taken him, and someone else would have wound up with the steal of the draft.

I suppose Grachev and Anisimov should be ranked higher? Simply because they came over right away? The only reason they did was because Grachev had no contract and Anisimov's team had no use for him, which is why they didn't bat an eye when he left.

The simple fact is Cherepanov is one of the best young players in the WORLD outside of the NHL. THAT is why he will make close to if not the max entry level.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2008, 06:51 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:

Old
08-20-2008, 08:15 PM
Turambar

Quote:
Originally Posted by PukkuMikku View Post

Cherepanov has been honest until this point, unlike everyone's golden Russian boys Malkin, who escaped in the middle of the night like a baby and not a mature adult.
Uhh, I guess you didn't realize that Zherdev did exactly the same thing, and he was the captain of his team when he left.

Turambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2008, 08:24 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrJeff View Post
Uhh, I guess you didn't realize that Zherdev did exactly the same thing, and he was the captain of his team when he left.
And?

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2008, 08:29 PM
Turambar

Quote:
And?
Just struck me as odd that you're essentially crucifying Malkin for doing the exact same thing that the guy whose jersey you have in your avatar did.

Old
08-20-2008, 08:36 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Just struck me as odd that you're essentially crucifying Malkin for doing the exact same thing that the guy whose jersey you have in your avatar did.
different situations with Zherdev. He left because they were trying to recruit him to fight in the army.

Old
08-20-2008, 08:43 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873

Quote:
It hasn't been three years. It won't be three years when he comes over either. It will have been two whole whopping years and he will be a whopping 20 years old when he comes over next year.

The reason he didn't come this year is there is NO TRANSFER AGREEMENT. If he decided to come over this year and break his contractual agreement, it would have been a major fiasco and by him honoring the final year of his contract the Rangers avoid a headache and he is eligible to play for Russia's international teams, which Russia made clear anyone breaking contractual agreements would be banned from their international teams.

Cherepanov has been honest until this point, unlike everyone's golden Russian boys Malkin, who escaped in the middle of the night like a baby and not a mature adult. And, Filatov, who lied to the faces of every NHL GM when he said he didn't have a contract in Russia, which now his old team is claiming he does.

We didn't, as you put it, "save his *** from first round free fall." Someone would have taken him, and someone else would have wound up with the steal of the draft.

I suppose Grachev and Anisimov should be ranked higher? Simply because they came over right away? The only reason they did was because Grachev had no contract and Anisimov's team had no use for him, which is why they didn't bat an eye when he left.

The simple fact is Cherepanov is one of the best young players in the WORLD outside of the NHL. THAT is why he will make close to if not the max entry level.
I'm sorry, but this is a bunch of Bulllllllllsssssshhhhhhiiiiitttt

Malkin, under the then current labour laws of Mother Russia provided his team with the customary 2 weeks notice before he left.

The fact that he did so under cover of night was actually needed in that the team held all players passports when they weren't traveling. He DIDN"T have an opportunity to leave like an adult, because for all intents and purposes he was being held CAPTIVE.

As for Filatov, who's to say that the Russian team isn't the lying party here? They are the once with the most to lose here...why not fabricate some phony document???

And while I like Cherry, he's not the best young player on his own team let alone the world.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2008, 08:44 PM
Turambar

Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
different situations with Zherdev. He left because they were trying to recruit him to fight in the army.
Not true at all. That was the reason they gave for them wanting him returned to the RSL. He left because when the younger Tikhonov took over as the coach of Zherdev's team, he didn't like Niko and seriously cut back his ice time, even making him a healthy scratch one game. After that game when he was scratched, Zherdev bolted in the middle of the night. It was only after that that they tried to tell Columbus that he was a soldier in the Russian army (which, under the terms of the then transfer agreement between the NHL & the RSL, would've required Zherdev be returned to his team in Russia),despite being from the Ukraine, which an independent arbitrator ruled was never even the case, which is why he remained in Columbus.

Trust me, I've followed this guy from before he was even drafted, I know what I'm talking about here.

Old
08-20-2008, 08:48 PM
Turambar

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
And while I like Cherry, he's not the best young player on his own team let alone the world.
Wait, what young player on Avangard is better than Cherepanov?

Old
08-20-2008, 08:55 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873

Quote:
Wait, what young player on Avangard is better than Cherepanov?
Well there were players that were keeping him on the 2nd line regardless if Jagr was playing there this year or not.

It also depends on what you consider young. Anton Kuryanov is a youngster, maybe not as young as Alexi, but still pretty young.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2008, 09:09 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Not true at all. That was the reason they gave for them wanting him returned to the RSL. He left because when the younger Tikhonov took over as the coach of Zherdev's team, he didn't like Niko and seriously cut back his ice time, even making him a healthy scratch one game. After that game when he was scratched, Zherdev bolted in the middle of the night. It was only after that that they tried to tell Columbus that he was a soldier in the Russian army (which, under the terms of the then transfer agreement between the NHL & the RSL, would've required Zherdev be returned to his team in Russia),despite being from the Ukraine, which an independent arbitrator ruled was never even the case, which is why he remained in Columbus.

Trust me, I've followed this guy from before he was even drafted, I know what I'm talking about here.
alright, i was thinking that, because of stupid Larry Brooks, my bad. thanks for telling me the true story.

Old
08-20-2008, 09:34 PM
Radek27

Quote:

Wow just wow. 0gp 0g 0a 0pts and he's the steal of the draft already? Okay he is the steal lets give him max. IMO you don't give a prospect that fell all the way down to 17 max ETL deal. Like another poster said let him earn his $$. And as I said also in an earlier post I don't give one russian prospect max bonus or anything max. Screw that protect the team. They are complaining how we "steal" thier players with money, okay less money now for the russian players. Lets see how much they really wanna play in the NHL.

Old
08-20-2008, 10:43 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Wow just wow. 0gp 0g 0a 0pts and he's the steal of the draft already? Okay he is the steal lets give him max. IMO you don't give a prospect that fell all the way down to 17 max ETL deal. Like another poster said let him earn his $$. And as I said also in an earlier post I don't give one russian prospect max bonus or anything max. Screw that protect the team. They are complaining how we "steal" thier players with money, okay less money now for the russian players. Lets see how much they really wanna play in the NHL.

Ranked #5 and fell to #17 because GM's were unsure of his commitment to playing in the NHL.

You want him to come over? Cough up the max. Unless of course you're good with our RW depth being: Zherdev, Callahan, Sjostrom, Fritsche.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote