HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Yvon Pedneault on 110%

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-20-2008, 09:54 PM
  #51
NewHabsEra*
 
NewHabsEra*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 10,695
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garo View Post
Wait till you meet his daughter (And if, with my luck, she read that: I'm kidding, honest.)

But seriously, he's not that good as an analyst or expert, whatever you call it, but I really like the job he's doing at the Olympics so it's ok.

And Pierre Rinfret isn't THAT bad... I agree with him 10% of the time, which is way more than Perron, Bergeron, Dufault and Pagé put together
Yes he is doing a good job at the Olympics from what I saw but when comes time to talk about the Habs, alot of words (and does he speak slowly), no relevance.. Metting his daughter could make me change my mind of course..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2008, 10:50 PM
  #52
Daniel Bigras
 
Daniel Bigras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
You're saying Yvon makes mistakes because he's in the heat of the action? Have you ever read is freakin editorial? The same one-sided garbage.

Also Jean-Charles is awesome, at least he's original and not negative.
Did you watch the show this week? JC is the worst I've seen on this show. He's extremely negative, always disagree with everyone, and gets put in his place all the time.

Daniel Bigras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2008, 11:12 PM
  #53
terreur
Registered User
 
terreur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,739
vCash: 500
lol, 110% will be even more horrible this year... who would have thought

terreur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2008, 09:47 AM
  #54
Joe Cole
Registered User
 
Joe Cole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamrlikTheStud View Post
Like it or not, Pednault has been an insider as soon as last year, and he will be interesting to listen. Can't wait to hear him talk more subjectively about players....
I disagree with the assumption that he is an insider. Just because you are at every game does make you an insider. If you only talk to the same three people every game, that too doess not make you an insider.

Serious.

Regarding him being more subjective, what will he add to any hockey fans knowledge? Nothing. Which player eats with which player after the game.... he will bring nothing illuminating regarding hockey.

If you are looking for someone with a real insight as to what happens on the ice, Dany Dube is propbably the best that is current on the air in Quebec. As for insight as to the politics off hockey.... then unfortunately, I think we have to turn to people outside of Quebec, like McKenzie.

Anyways, that's just my 2 cents.


Last edited by Joe Cole: 08-21-2008 at 05:19 PM. Reason: added some stuff...damn.... I meant Dube, but wrote M. Mcguire!
Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2008, 12:32 PM
  #55
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 24,679
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Bigras View Post
You bet.

I watched the two shows this week and it's not bad.. It's RIDICULOUS!

What people here seems to not understand, and I'm here to save the day again, is that Pedneault analyzing a live game and Pedneault analyzing a game when he has time to prepare are two different things.

I always cringe 2-3 times in a game with Pedneault's mistakes, but when he was analyzing an aspect of the game during breaks or in between periods, for me he was better than Brunet, Demers and the likes.

He can't be worst than the people I've seen this week on the show. Jean-Charles Lajoie is a frigging joke! He talks very well, he uses every frigging quebecer expressions that every existed, and he uses them well. But this guy talks way too much. All you hear during a show is his voice.

I hate it when I see myself in someone.

Other than that, seeing Bergeron, Perron, Gagnon, Pedneault, Langevin, it will be much better than that other show on Radio-Canada. It already was.
I love how you take a general stand and say how People here don't understand...as if you're the voice of reason. Mr.Freaky Fan that goes to libraries to make a useless and impossible research, or one that records 110%.

What YOU don't understand is that Pedneault was a crappy analyst, trying to make it seem as if he was only doing mistakes because its live is quite irrelevant. You know why??..because it's his job!!!
Also, it's not like it was his first year. Dany Dubé does as good a job you can do on the radio and its live, so what's the biggie??
It's not just his mistakes, it's also his mumbling and stupid jokes.

Yea, he was indeed better than Brunet and Demers. Hell, Id be better than those two, it's not quite an accomplishment.

I would smack JC a few times if he were in front of me. This guy is the worst one out there. Not only is he extremely annoying with his all his crappy expressions, but the points he brings are also dumb.
We agree on that.

100% is no way comparable to La Zone. At least they're civilized.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2008, 03:03 PM
  #56
Plekanetzz
Registered User
 
Plekanetzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Saguenay, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 540
vCash: 500
Next step is analyst at LHJMQ on Vox

Plekanetzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2008, 03:38 PM
  #57
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,783
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekanetzz View Post
Next step is analyst at LHJMQ on Vox
NOOOOOOOO!!!! I do watch every game on Friday night...You actually don't wish I would still listen to him???

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2008, 04:18 PM
  #58
Daniel Bigras
 
Daniel Bigras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I love how you take a general stand and say how People here don't understand...as if you're the voice of reason. Mr.Freaky Fan that goes to libraries to make a useless and impossible research, or one that records 110%.

What YOU don't understand is that Pedneault was a crappy analyst, trying to make it seem as if he was only doing mistakes because its live is quite irrelevant. You know why??..because it's his job!!!
Also, it's not like it was his first year. Dany Dubé does as good a job you can do on the radio and its live, so what's the biggie??
It's not just his mistakes, it's also his mumbling and stupid jokes.

Yea, he was indeed better than Brunet and Demers. Hell, Id be better than those two, it's not quite an accomplishment.

I would smack JC a few times if he were in front of me. This guy is the worst one out there. Not only is he extremely annoying with his all his crappy expressions, but the points he brings are also dumb.
We agree on that.

100% is no way comparable to La Zone. At least they're civilized.
Re: Library

The next version of the book La Glorieuse Histoire will have corrections thanks to my useless research.

Re: Pedneault

That's your opinion about Pedneault, but you just proved my point.

He's still one of the best in the business. Not because one or two are better than him it means he's the worst.

Re: JC

I think we will have to be 2-3 to hold him while you smack him.

Daniel Bigras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2008, 10:48 PM
  #59
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 24,679
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Bigras View Post
Re: Library

The next version of the book La Glorieuse Histoire will have corrections thanks to my useless research.

Re: Pedneault

That's your opinion about Pedneault, but you just proved my point.

He's still one of the best in the business. Not because one or two are better than him it means he's the worst.

Re: JC

I think we will have to be 2-3 to hold him while you smack him.
Well, be proud of yourself, because it's still useless research.

Pedneault is a crappy analyst. Brunet and Demers are ridiculous, but Yvon is still crap. To be honest, quality control is not a field RDS works on quite a lot.

As for JC, I can take him by myself, but the more the merrier.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2008, 10:55 PM
  #60
Little Nilan
Registered User
 
Little Nilan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Praha
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 8,209
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post
I disagree with the assumption that he is an insider. Just because you are at every game does make you an insider. If you only talk to the same three people every game, that too doess not make you an insider.

Serious.

Regarding him being more subjective, what will he add to any hockey fans knowledge? Nothing. Which player eats with which player after the game.... he will bring nothing illuminating regarding hockey.

If you are looking for someone with a real insight as to what happens on the ice, Dany Dube is propbably the best that is current on the air in Quebec. As for insight as to the politics off hockey.... then unfortunately, I think we have to turn to people outside of Quebec, like McKenzie.

Anyways, that's just my 2 cents.
As bad as Pedneault is, I think he has legit sources and can definitely be considered an insider, especially if Dreger can.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2008, 10:05 AM
  #61
Joe Cole
Registered User
 
Joe Cole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kareem Anderson View Post
As bad as Pedneault is, I think he has legit sources and can definitely be considered an insider, especially if Dreger can.
Good for Pedneault.

I am just saying I think he has lived in a bubble for a long time.

As for Dreger... not many have ever considered him a real insider. I know I don't

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2008, 10:24 AM
  #62
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post
Good for Pedneault.

I am just saying I think he has lived in a bubble for a long time.

As for Dreger... not many have ever considered him a real insider. I know I don't

I think a lot of guys have a limited number of sources. The talented analysts know how to analyze, smart of me to figure that out, and qualify what they hear. Pedneault's ok in general terms, imo, if he's on whatever show doing a bit, I'll listen, though I don't know that I'm any better for it.

Dreger just puts me off, it's probably just preference but it seems that the more a guy wants to show off his insider status, the less it's effective.

I like McGuire , moreso on radio because you get a feeling for what the perception around the league is on an issue or a player value. It doesn't always make sense to me and I tend to wonder what the agenda is for a lot of stuff I hear, but at least it's info you can sort out for itself.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2008, 12:57 PM
  #63
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 24,679
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kareem Anderson View Post
As bad as Pedneault is, I think he has legit sources and can definitely be considered an insider, especially if Dreger can.
Pedneault has never reported anything to deserve the ''insider'' title. TSN knows about possible action in Mtl before the Mtl media do.

Some french journalists claim to have certain sources around the league, but I doubt them and in most cases, its crap.

Dreger is BS, but at least he can verify his stuff with McKenzie.

I think the word ''Insider'' is thrown around a bit too much.
Pierre McGuire and Bob McKenzie are the only ones IMO.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2008, 01:16 PM
  #64
CH4
Registered User
 
CH4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chicoutimi
Posts: 1,753
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Pedneault has never reported anything to deserve the ''insider'' title. TSN knows about possible action in Mtl before the Mtl media do.

Some french journalists claim to have certain sources around the league, but I doubt them and in most cases, its crap.

Dreger is BS, but at least he can verify his stuff with McKenzie.

I think the word ''Insider'' is thrown around a bit too much.
Pierre McGuire and Bob McKenzie are the only ones IMO.
Renauld Lavoie pretend to have some insider info.. he sometimes is the first one to get a news in MTL but I seriously doubt he has a reliable inside info.

CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2008, 04:14 PM
  #65
Joe Cole
Registered User
 
Joe Cole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
I think a lot of guys have a limited number of sources. The talented analysts know how to analyze, smart of me to figure that out, and qualify what they hear. Pedneault's ok in general terms, imo, if he's on whatever show doing a bit, I'll listen, though I don't know that I'm any better for it.

Dreger just puts me off, it's probably just preference but it seems that the more a guy wants to show off his insider status, the less it's effective.

I like McGuire , moreso on radio because you get a feeling for what the perception around the league is on an issue or a player value. It doesn't always make sense to me and I tend to wonder what the agenda is for a lot of stuff I hear, but at least it's info you can sort out for itself.
I think that some of these guys have a tendency to sit on their laurels. I believe it something that you have to constantly work on, constantly have to refine. You have to meet NEW people, get new persecptives, see it with your own eyes.

Much of the Montreal and Toronto scene has been long established guys on the downslope of their broadcasting careers just riding the wave. The guys here in Quebec seem to only to talk to the Quebec players/agents/administrators, and the Toronto guys seem to just listen to themselves.

To me, guys like McKenzie, McGuire and probably Dube rise so far above the rest because they still have a passion for the GAME. They are at the events, they champion new ideas... etc.

They are STILL investing themselves in the game, not just getting fat on free hotdogs and whooping it up with the media friends.

Pedneault is ok, but only in comparison to the others around him. He would tend to find a perceived flaw in a player and pick on it all night whether it resufaced or not. It was just lack of understanding disguised as insight.

I have said it before, I wish Pedneault well, but I will not miss him.

McGuire (I agree radio is better) and Dube are the only current guys that actually understand the game on the ice, understand the reason for a certain play, and can convey it to an audience.

When I see NFL Football coverage, it makes me yearn for guys who are still interesting in learning about the game, instead of polishing their resumes.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2008, 04:24 PM
  #66
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks
 
Team_Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 21,315
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH4THECUP View Post
Renauld Lavoie pretend to have some insider info.. he sometimes is the first one to get a news in MTL but I seriously doubt he has a reliable inside info.
Lavoie is an insider, he was the 1st to report Lecavalier new contract.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2008, 05:39 PM
  #67
slocheauska
 
slocheauska's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 255
vCash: 500
Talking about 110%... Who's that Gabriel-dude who was on the show yesterday? I don't watch the show often, maybe that's why i never saw him before, but, man, he's even worse than Rinfret. Does somebody know where this guy comes from? Is he a hockey analyst or something hockey-related or just a... you know... like the woman in Wheel of Fortune who turns the letters... somebody who is there only to entertain the moron masses?

slocheauska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2008, 06:48 PM
  #68
goalchenyuk
Registered User
 
goalchenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: montreal
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 8,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Now Pedneault will be free to say what he really feels about Koivu.
in the past ;

" Koivu n'est pas un joueur de gros gabarit "

with 110 % ;

" Koivu est un joueur de petit gabarit "

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2008, 06:57 PM
  #69
King Kovalev
Registered User
 
King Kovalev's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Poland
Posts: 300
vCash: 500
I like Rinfret I always agree with that dude for some reason.

King Kovalev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2008, 07:09 PM
  #70
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH4THECUP View Post
Renauld Lavoie pretend to have some insider info.. he sometimes is the first one to get a news in MTL but I seriously doubt he has a reliable inside info.
I dont think you can doubt these guys have legitimate sources. What you can doubt is the number of sources. A guy like Dreger like him or not spend their time in Toronto and that's the center of the NHL like it or not. So just by where they are they are exposed to many nhl people also when an agent or anyone wants to get some noise out to test the waters they are going to use guys they know.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2008, 07:10 PM
  #71
Macbeth
Registered User
 
Macbeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Petite-Patrie, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kovalev View Post
I like Rinfret I always agree with that dude for some reason.
You only like people who you agree with ?

Innaresting.

Macbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2008, 07:36 PM
  #72
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post
I think that some of these guys have a tendency to sit on their laurels. I believe it something that you have to constantly work on, constantly have to refine. You have to meet NEW people, get new persecptives, see it with your own eyes.

Much of the Montreal and Toronto scene has been long established guys on the downslope of their broadcasting careers just riding the wave. The guys here in Quebec seem to only to talk to the Quebec players/agents/administrators, and the Toronto guys seem to just listen to themselves.

To me, guys like McKenzie, McGuire and probably Dube rise so far above the rest because they still have a passion for the GAME. They are at the events, they champion new ideas... etc.

They are STILL investing themselves in the game, not just getting fat on free hotdogs and whooping it up with the media friends.

Pedneault is ok, but only in comparison to the others around him. He would tend to find a perceived flaw in a player and pick on it all night whether it resufaced or not. It was just lack of understanding disguised as insight.
I have said it before, I wish Pedneault well, but I will not miss him.

McGuire (I agree radio is better) and Dube are the only current guys that actually understand the game on the ice, understand the reason for a certain play, and can convey it to an audience.

When I see NFL Football coverage, it makes me yearn for guys who are still interesting in learning about the game, instead of polishing their resumes.

I think that pretty well summarizes my complaint with a lot of guys in that profession, Pedneault easily included. You can't go into a situation with an opinion and spend 3 periods looking for ways to support that opinion.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2008, 08:03 PM
  #73
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
I think a lot of guys have a limited number of sources. The talented analysts know how to analyze, smart of me to figure that out, and qualify what they hear. Pedneault's ok in general terms, imo, if he's on whatever show doing a bit, I'll listen, though I don't know that I'm any better for it.

Dreger just puts me off, it's probably just preference but it seems that the more a guy wants to show off his insider status, the less it's effective.

I like McGuire , moreso on radio because you get a feeling for what the perception around the league is on an issue or a player value. It doesn't always make sense to me and I tend to wonder what the agenda is for a lot of stuff I hear, but at least it's info you can sort out for itself.

I cant wait to hear him again on the team 990. That means hockey is just arround the corner.

edit: Damn it. I missed Cromarty's last show

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2008, 08:24 PM
  #74
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
I cant wait to hear him again on the team 990. That means hockey is just arround the corner.

edit: Damn it. I missed Cromarty's last show
I turned it on about 5.50 and he just signed off and replayed some interviews he'd aired during the week.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2008, 08:28 PM
  #75
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
I turned it on about 5.50 and he just signed off and replayed some interviews he'd aired during the week.
Really? I'm disapointed.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:55 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.