HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dan Fritsche Tribute - The other newest Ranger.

Old
08-22-2008, 11:38 AM
cbjgirl
Just thinking

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmb572 View Post
well i dunno i for one thank you for the insight cbjgirl. For someone like me who doesnt get to see many west coast games and know nothing about Fritsche i appreciate the info. Its nice to know info about how the blue jackets fan felt about him and i think hes gonna be a fan fav here too. i want nothing more then him to excel(is that how u spell it?)here. anyway thanks for the info.
You're welcome. I've done my best in the various threads on this board to try to give an accurate picture of both Zherdev and Fritsche. I wouldn't go as far as to say I'm a Rangers' fan, but I will be keeping an eye on them this season.

I hope you don't mind my posting (both recently and in the future).

cbjgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2008, 12:25 PM
Unk

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbjgirl View Post
You're welcome. I've done my best in the various threads on this board to try to give an accurate picture of both Zherdev and Fritsche. I wouldn't go as far as to say I'm a Rangers' fan, but I will be keeping an eye on them this season.

I hope you don't mind my posting (both recently and in the future).
I actually like getting your perspective on these players. Nice just to get an idea that isn't biased or anything. I've got no problem with your posts.

Unk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2008, 01:22 PM
Dougmustgo*

[QUOTE=cbjgirl;15223921]Just for the record...

"Just because a player is a 1st line center in Juniors doesn't make him a 1st line center in the NHL."

Correct and until you give him a legitimate chance to show what he has, something he NEVER got in Columbus, your arguement doesn't exist. I have watched this kid throughout his career and when given the chance he has come thru big time and been a top player on every team he has been on.

I too watched alot of CBJ games last year and I know one thing for sure. Everyone knew when Dan Fritsche was on the ice and you can't say that for the majority of the CBJ team. This kid is a playmaker with great scoring potential in this league and is not afraid to sacrifice his body to help the team. IMO this kid should have been rewarded for this in Columbus but instead he was held back.

Last edited by Dougmustgo*: 08-22-2008 at 01:41 PM.
Dougmustgo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2008, 01:42 PM
Unk

Btw, cbjgirl, you think Fritsche could work out on the 2nd line RW if Prucha doesn't work out on the top-6? When the Rangers acquired him I thought of him (Fritsche) as a 3rd liner tops but you seem to have a different opinion. I mean it seems he isn't a top liner, but is the second line something he could handle consistantly you think?

Unk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2008, 01:47 PM
cbjgirl
Just thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger49 View Post
Just for the record...

"Just because a player is a 1st line center in Juniors doesn't make him a 1st line center in the NHL."

Correct and until you give him a legitimate chance to show what he has, something he NEVER got in Columbus, your arguement doesn't exist. I have watched this kid throughout his career and when given the chance he has come thru big time and been a top player on every team he has been on.

I too watched alot of CBJ games last year and I know one thing for sure. Everyone knew when Dan Fritsche was on the ice and you can't say that for the majority of the CBJ team. This kid is a playmaker with great scoring potential in this league and is not afraid to sacrifice his body to help the team. IMO this kid should have been rewarded for this in Columbus but instead he was held back.
Ok, I'll flip this back to you. As a Ranger fan (I'm assuming), where would you put Fritsche in the Ranger line-up for 08/09?

Columbus had a decent bunch of wingers but were thin on centers. Yet, Hitchcock played Fritsche as a winger. Why do you think this was the case?

In your opinion, why was "he held back"?

I'll agree that Dan "is not afraid to sacrifice his body to help the team". We'll have to wait and see if "(he) is a playmaker with great scoring potential in this league".

Last edited by cbjgirl: 08-22-2008 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Quote thing was messed up
Old
08-22-2008, 01:51 PM
Darius Dangleaitis
Padowan Kovalchuk

I've always liked Fritsche. Pelley kind of reminds me of him.

Darius Dangleaitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2008, 01:52 PM
cbjgirl
Just thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unk View Post
Btw, cbjgirl, you think Fritsche could work out on the 2nd line RW if Prucha doesn't work out on the top-6? When the Rangers acquired him I thought of him (Fritsche) as a 3rd liner tops but you seem to have a different opinion. I mean it seems he isn't a top liner, but is the second line something he could handle consistantly you think?
Fritsche almost always was on the right side in Columbus. He is a right handed shot. (Does that make the left side or the right the "offhand side"? - I don't know)

He has the speed and the board skills to be a 2nd line winger. He is willing (somewhat) to charge the net, moreso than other Jackets were, but no one was pulling a Holmstrom and just parking there.

Zherdev also played as a RW. I don't know who else you have on that side as options.

We just got rid of 3 RWs (Vyborny, Zherdev, Fritsche) and leaves us with 1 (Boll) and maybe Voracek (if he makes it). We'll have to see how that goes this season.

Old
08-22-2008, 09:31 PM
Dougmustgo*

[QUOTE=cbjgirl;15229773]Ok, I'll flip this back to you. As a Ranger fan (I'm assuming), where would you put Fritsche in the Ranger line-up for 08/09?

As I said before, this trade will be good for both The Rangers and Fritsche the player. I can see this kid actually getting a legitimate chance from day one of The Rangers camp, something he never got in Columbus.

"Columbus had a decent bunch of wingers but were thin on centers. Yet, Hitchcock played Fritsche as a winger. Why do you think this was the case?"

Maybe because Hitchcock prefers small guys at center that don't produce in that position like how he played Brule and Vyborny at center quite often.

Last edited by Dougmustgo*: 08-22-2008 at 09:36 PM.
Dougmustgo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2008, 07:21 PM
Matt

Fritsche did very well in Columbus considering who he had to play with. He never really had a chance to show what he could do. Every coach wanted him as a defensive forward, and that hindered the offensive side of his game. At the end of last season, Hitch put him with Manny and Nash, and you could see that he had the talent to play up there. Shame he broke his hand while camped in front to the net.

Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2008, 07:30 PM
CoachWithNoTeam

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger49 View Post
Maybe because Hitchcock prefers small guys at center that don't produce in that position like how he played Brule and Vyborny at center quite often.

Brule did not play one game at center last year. Vyborny played maybe one game at center. Hitch is known for prefering big players.... Fritsche got a couple games playing along side Nash, but for the most part I'll agree he wasnt given a large enough role

CoachWithNoTeam is offline   Reply With Quote