HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Van-wash

Old
08-22-2008, 12:30 PM
duncanmac12

vCash: 500
Van-wash

Vancouver - Backstrom, Kozlov, Laich
Washington - Edler, Pyatt, Jaffery

Vancouver gets a #1 center
Washington gets a solid defence men

Last edited by duncanmac12: 08-22-2008 at 12:38 PM.
duncanmac12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2008, 12:31 PM
pitseleh

Washington doesn't touch that with a 10 foot pole.

pitseleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2008, 12:34 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

If you're trying to illustrate how stupid the other proposal was, fine, cool, you did it.

Good for you.

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2008, 12:38 PM
XDC-RES
Root for the Laundry

Send a message via ICQ to XDC-RES
Seriously....this has got to be considered trolling.

XDC-RES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2008, 12:40 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

wow, almost as bad as the other proposal...

Backstrom isn't going to be dealt... he's worth much more alone than that package you have from the canucks.

Jaffrey is worth nothing... I doubt you'd get anything more than a 5th or 6th rounder for him, and even then, most teams have better players taking up contract spots for them.

Pyatt has a year left on his deal... I'd guess at most his value is around a 3rd round pick... likely similar to Kozlov.

Edler is the most valuable piece from Vancouver, but why would the caps - who have a young center that can play on the top unit with their franchise player, deal him for a young dmen, on a team that is already stocked with such players (Green, Schultz, Alzner)??

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2008, 12:58 PM
Drake1588
UNATCO

Washington probably isn't going to trade anyone. It will be close, but they are not over the cap once the LTIR moves are made official. They're spending to the cap, or near enough.

Vancouver may need a center, and Washington may have three. That doesn't mean a trade is pending. It just means Vancouver has a need and the Caps have the luxury of three scoring centers. That's all.

Drake1588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2008, 01:06 PM
Serial_Derecho

Send a message via Yahoo to Serial_Derecho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake1588 View Post
Washington probably isn't going to trade anyone. It will be close, but they are not over the cap once the LTIR moves are made official. They're spending to the cap, or near enough.

Vancouver may need a center, and Washington may have three. That doesn't mean a trade is pending. It just means Vancouver has a need and the Caps have the luxury of three scoring centers. That's all.
And even if Washington did end up trading a center, Backstrom would assuredly not be the one moved. He is going nowhere.

Serial_Derecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2008, 01:13 PM
R0bert0 Lu0ng0

I could see Backstrom being worth Kesler and Edler - but Washington still wouldn't take it IMO.

R0bert0 Lu0ng0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2008, 01:17 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy View Post
I could see Backstrom being worth Kesler and Edler - but Washington still wouldn't take it IMO.
Nope, not when Backstrom's everything this franchise needs. He was pretty much hand picked to be Ovechkin's setup guy for the next 10+ years.

Old
08-22-2008, 01:35 PM
britdevil
Tea with milk...

What's with all the extremely poor Nucks proposals?

We get that they need a proven 2nd line center, but damn... give it a rest...

britdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2008, 01:39 PM
R0bert0 Lu0ng0

Quote:
Originally Posted by britdevil View Post
What's with all the extremely poor *snip*proposals?
It's HFBoards, get used to it.

Old
08-22-2008, 01:42 PM
dougy

Very one-sided deal. Washington would never do it.

dougy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2008, 01:45 PM
kmart

Send a message via MSN to kmart
Quote:
Originally Posted by brs03 View Post
Nope, not when Backstrom's everything this franchise needs. He was pretty much hand picked to be Ovechkin's setup guy for the next 10+ years.

where are the wsh/van proposals are coming from ? its like the fans in vancouver try to rip off washington since they heard the word cap-problems and yes, backstrom will center ao for the next 10 years. do u know who drafted backstrom? it was not mcphee, it was ovechkin by himself

kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2008, 01:47 PM
britdevil
Tea with milk...

Quote:
It's HFBoards, get used to it.
That's true enough.

But you cant say there isn't a lot of VAN-*** threads floating around.

britdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2008, 01:48 PM
illogic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart View Post
where are the wsh/van proposals are coming from ? its like the fans in vancouver try to rip off washington since they heard the word cap-problems and yes, backstrom will center ao for the next 10 years. do u know who drafted backstrom? it was not mcphee, it was ovechkin by himself
There's only two proposals that I can see, one of which was started by who I can only assume is an Oiler fan judging by avatar, and the other started by someone with under 15 posts.

illogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2008, 01:49 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
He was so scared to go up there, too. I kinda wished they would have continued the tradition, maybe have Backstrom draft Gustafsson (although him coming in 2nd for the Calder probably didn't help).

Old
08-22-2008, 01:51 PM
R0bert0 Lu0ng0

True, true.. we're in a holding pattern (along with a few other teams) until Mr. Sundin decides what he'd like to do this season, but unlike Montreal we're not in great shape if we go into the season as we are now and unlike Toronto we're not planning on tanking the season, so Canuck fans are getting nervous about the perceived hole at center as training camp approaches.

Myself, I figure if we can't get a guy like Kozlov or Lang on the cheap we'll wait for the end of training camp and see who is made available by young players stepping up and taking jobs from veterans on other teams.

But Washington trading us two inexpensive scoring centers for Alex Edler and a bunch of throw-ins wouldn't be too bad either.

Old
08-22-2008, 01:53 PM
Luongo2008*

haha

too many van-wsh Proposals

Luongo2008* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2008, 01:58 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
True, true.. we're in a holding pattern (along with a few other teams) until Mr. Sundin decides what he'd like to do this season, but unlike Montreal we're not in great shape if we go into the season as we are now and unlike Toronto we're not planning on tanking the season, so Canuck fans are getting nervous about the perceived hole at center as training camp approaches.

Myself, I figure if we can't get a guy like Kozlov or Lang on the cheap we'll wait for the end of training camp and see who is made available by young players stepping up and taking jobs from veterans on other teams.

But Washington trading us two inexpensive scoring centers for Alex Edler and a bunch of throw-ins wouldn't be too bad either.
If it makes you feel any better, I think a Laich - for - Edler and some throw-ins could work, just so you guys aren't disappointed I mean...

Nah, that's crazy, half the fanbase would leave if Laich were moved

Old
08-22-2008, 02:03 PM
kmart

Send a message via MSN to kmart
i remember the last deal between the caps and the nucks was cooke for pettinger, so cooke is gone what about pettinger? did he play well in vancouver or is he moved too ?

kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2008, 02:07 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
i remember the last deal between the caps and the nucks was cooke for pettinger, so cooke is gone what about pettinger? did he play well in vancouver or is he moved too ?
He's got another year left on his contract (the entire reason we traded him, really).

Old
08-22-2008, 03:20 PM
Martyros

who invited you to HFBoards?

Martyros is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2008, 03:34 PM
KesseltoLupul

Vancouver should have just resigned morrison and naslund. They're screwed now, imagine their line-up

Sedin-Sedin-Bernier
Naslund-Morrison-Demitra

KesseltoLupul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2008, 05:18 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 300
I think someone should create a proposal between Carolina and Washington, just to see "Car-Wash" in the title.

I know I'd get a chuckle out of it.

Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2008, 05:32 PM
R0bert0 Lu0ng0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffleafsfan91 View Post
Vancouver should have just resigned morrison and naslund.
The team needed a cultural change - Naslund and Morrison are a part of the team Brian Burke assembled, and last year their contributions to the Canucks campaign was more or less limited to the scoresheet (and even there it wasn't very impressive).

Even if we have some less desireable players such as Wellwood to fill holes in the lineup for now, it is a transitional period and that IMHO is better than adding a bit to what we had last year.

Quote:
They're screwed now, imagine their line-up

Sedin-Sedin-Bernier
Naslund-Morrison-Demitra
Again that would be more talented than what we'll ice (unless Gillis pulls something off) but that also means that Raymond is probably down on the farm having his development stunted.

Furthermore Bernier should at least come close to replacing Naslund's ~50 points and will be a physical force out there of the sort the Sedins never get to play with - Demitra should surpass Morrison's production on the second line easily. Heck, he'll probably even surpass Morrison's contribution last year in terms of games played.