HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Make a prospect Proposal: Mtl/St.L

Old
08-22-2008, 05:10 PM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

vCash: 500
Make a prospect Proposal: Mtl/St.L

I know that it's very rare for teams to trade prospects, especially high end talent. But one thing Montreal needs in the system IMHO is a highly talented center prospect. I look at the Blues and see two very talented centers in Oshie and Berglund. What would the Habs have to give in order to get one of these players? I'm not going to make a proposal because I don't know what the Blues need. Anyone?

The French Canadian rule: Read about it, go to bed smarter.

http://ultimatehockeynetwork.com/the...-or-fiction-2/
loadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2008, 10:37 PM
WeezyHabFan

Blues are really only set in the defence department imo but im not too familiar with the blues so ima sit back and watch this one

WeezyHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2008, 11:23 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

Not a MTL/STL proposal, but how about:

To MTL: Colton Gillies, Petr Kalus
To MIN: Ryan McDonagh, Ben Maxwell

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2008, 05:41 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlighting View Post

McDonagh for Gillies may be workable, but not when Maxwell is "a throw in".. Kalus has NHL potential, but his ceiling isn't close to Maxwell, IMO.
No thanks.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2008, 05:54 AM
Dawit49

Berglund+McKee

for

Higgins+Korneev (we cant be sure he will come over but if he do he might make a big impact)

- Hard to set a value on Berglund but i really do think he will make it big in the NHL.

Dawit49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2008, 07:06 AM
Chomsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawit49 View Post
Berglund+McKee

for

Higgins+Korneev (we cant be sure he will come over but if he do he might make a big impact)

- Hard to set a value on Berglund but i really do think he will make it big in the NHL.

I really like Berglund, but he's unproven. Higgins worths more than that. I'd rather not have Mckee.

In sum, Higgins is not leaving for prospects and a bottom pairing D.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2008, 07:12 AM
Dawit49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
I really like Berglund, but he's unproven. Higgins worths more than that. I'd rather not have Mckee.

In sum, Higgins is not leaving for prospects and a bottom pairing D.
So what are Montreal willing to to give for a "highly talented center prospect"? I just used Higgins because he's the player i know best on your roster

Old
08-23-2008, 07:24 AM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by loadie View Post
I know that it's very rare for teams to trade prospects, especially high end talent. But one thing Montreal needs in the system IMHO is a highly talented center prospect. I look at the Blues and see two very talented centers in Oshie and Berglund. What would the Habs have to give in order to get one of these players? I'm not going to make a proposal because I don't know what the Blues need. Anyone?
Honestly, The Blues are set in the prospect department. We have a ton of D prospects, solid forward depth. If there is an area of weakness it may be in the net - depending on Allen's and Bishops development. Unless it is for a sure fire starter - kind of like Price, Berglund wont be traded.

There is no reason for the Blues to trade at this time. He is going to be a rookie being paid a reasonable contract- he has spent the past two seasons playing against men, he was dominant at the WJC. He has size, vision, speed....

Why would the Blues trade him? Especially for another prospect - which we really don't need.

Frenzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2008, 07:27 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Montreal has the annual option to load up on so-called highly talented centre prospects at the draft. Sorry if it kind of steps outside the bounds of the proposal, but I still just say wait and draft one if that's really such a big need. Whereas practically, it's actually such a minor "need" (barely a want) that I don't see much incentive to trade a prospect or player they've invested a lot in for one.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2008, 07:36 AM
Dawit49

Quote:
Berglund wont be traded.
Why would the Blues trade him? Especially for another prospect - which we really don't need.
If we could fetch someone like higgins for him (of course in a packade deal and not 1on1) im sure he will be traded. No one is untouchable (Read Joe Thornton).

Old
08-23-2008, 07:37 AM
Chomsky

Quote:
So what are Montreal willing to to give for a "highly talented center prospect"? I just used Higgins because he's the player i know best on your roster
For Oshie? I do know that Latendresse will be expendable by next year except if he has his break-out year sooner than anticipated with Pacioretty signed. But it's not even nearly close to Oshie's value for the Blues management PoV, so probably nothing they are willing to give for a prospect.

Like Blind Gardien said, if we wanted one that badly, we'd have drafted one a while ago.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2008, 08:04 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlighting View Post

Are you on crack? I wouldn't take both of those Minnesota prospects for one of the MTL prospects you listed, straight up.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2008, 08:07 AM
WeThreeKings

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
McDonagh for Gillies may be workable, but not when Maxwell is "a throw in".. Kalus has NHL potential, but his ceiling isn't close to Maxwell, IMO.
No thanks.
How in the hell is McDonagh for Gillies workable? Why would we give up one of our top prospects for a checking line centre when we already have Lapierre, Chipchura, Fortier, White and many others who can do the same job and don't cost us our most promising prospect not named Pacioretty?

Quote:
Berglund+McKee

for

Done, done, done! I love Berglund, he's everything we need in the prospect pool. Losing Higgins is the only problem here and I feel we can overcome it with the depth of wingers coming up like Pacioretty, D'Agostini and many others. With the addition of Tanguay it makes it easier to swallow.

Old
08-23-2008, 08:27 AM
Dawit49

Quote:
Done, done, done! I love Berglund, he's everything we need in the prospect pool. Losing Higgins is the only problem here
You have to give something to get something (execpt future considerations)

Old
08-23-2008, 08:34 AM

How about Berglund + McKee for Higgins and Dandenault?

Blues take on a bit of dollars but they can afford it, Habs free up some money in case they land Sundin and add a #7 dman.

Berglund makes the team if we can't land Sundin, otherwise he goes to Hamilton for a year.

Tanguay - Plekanec - Kovalev
S.Kostitsyn - Sundin/Berglund - A.Kostitsyn
Latendresse - Koivu - Lapierre
Begin - Chipchura - Laraque
*Kostopoulos

Markov/Komisarek
Hamrlik/O'Byrne
Bouillon/Gorges
*McKee

#57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2008, 08:42 AM
WeThreeKings

Quote:
You have to give something to get something (execpt future considerations)
Yup and I don't mind losing Higgins for Berglund.

Old
08-23-2008, 08:43 AM
WeThreeKings

Quote:
Originally Posted by #57 View Post
How about Berglund + McKee for Higgins and Dandenault?

Blues take on a bit of dollars but they can afford it, Habs free up some money in case they land Sundin and add a #7 dman.

Berglund makes the team if we can't land Sundin, otherwise he goes to Hamilton for a year.

Tanguay - Plekanec - Kovalev
S.Kostitsyn - Sundin/Berglund - A.Kostitsyn
Latendresse - Koivu - Lapierre
Begin - Chipchura - Laraque
*Kostopoulos

Markov/Komisarek
Hamrlik/O'Byrne
Bouillon/Gorges
*McKee
You'd have to keep Korneev in the deal, imo. Korneev is a wildcard, but I'm sure the Blues management would like him involved as he's got the abilities it's just about his willingness to come over.

In your line-up McKee would be in over Bouillon.

Old
08-23-2008, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
You'd have to keep Korneev in the deal, imo. Korneev is a wildcard, but I'm sure the Blues management would like him involved as he's got the abilities it's just about his willingness to come over.

In your line-up McKee would be in over Bouillon.
OK, I wouldn't mind including Korneev. We have like 10 guys ahead of him on the defensive depth chart, and dealing him away is just one less Russian headache to take car of.

Higgins, Korneev, Dandenault
for
Berglund, McKee

Where do I sign?

Old
08-23-2008, 08:58 AM
Dawit49

So all of the sudden Higgins is "expandable"

Old
08-23-2008, 09:19 AM
MonacoBlue

Quote:
He's not but we like Berglund

MonacoBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2008, 09:23 AM
WeThreeKings

Quote:
He's a tradable asset to acquire a need in the organization.

Old
08-23-2008, 09:49 AM
fcpremix88

vCash: 602
Quote:
Originally Posted by #57 View Post
OK, I wouldn't mind including Korneev. We have like 10 guys ahead of him on the defensive depth chart, and dealing him away is just one less Russian headache to take car of.

Higgins, Korneev, Dandenault
for
Berglund, McKee

Where do I sign?

Berglund is more important to the Blues than what he's currently worth. Consider him the Blues' version of Andrei Kostitsyn. It's just not going to happen, unless he's there's a superstar coming back.

fcpremix88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2008, 10:02 AM
Irish Blues

vCash: 91
Quote:
If we could fetch someone like higgins for him (of course in a packade deal and not 1on1) im sure he will be traded. No one is untouchable (Read Joe Thornton).
The Blues front office is much smarter about their assets than Mike O'Connell was. Berglund does not go in a "Thornton to the Sharks" type of deal to anyone.

Berglund isn't going anywhere. Guys who draw comparisons to Mats Sundin from before they're drafted to now are not shipped off for short-term needs - and as good as Higgins will be, Berglund has the potential to be every but as good or better. The Blues are not in "gotta win now" mode, so there's no reason for them to go ship off their high-end prospects. [Read: Oshie, Eller, Pietrangelo, etc.]

08-23-2008, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiodos View Post
Berglund is more important to the Blues than what he's currently worth. Consider him the Blues' version of Andrei Kostitsyn. It's just not going to happen, unless he's there's a superstar coming back.
Kostitsyn just had a huge season and anyone who follows hockey know he's just going to get better and will end up a high-end 1st liner. Berglund is not in the same boat right now, he hasn't even played a game in North-America yet. Your version of Andrei Kostitsyn could be Brad Boyes, young goal scorer who just had a good season and will only get better. Berglund is your version of Max Pacioretty: prospect, big frame, future 1st liner.

The Habs wouldnt deal Pacioretty so I understand why the Blues won't trade Berglund. But some of you guys made it sound like a Higgins for Berglund swap could be possible.

I'm not sure Gainey pulls the trigger since he's in win-now mode, and I'm not sure Pleau/Davidson or whoever runs the ship down there would make that deal either since they are rebuilding.

No deal I guess.

Old
08-23-2008, 11:30 AM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

I can't understand some of the posts by blues fans on this one. Berglund was ranked in the top 5 in this years future watch, has developed quite well since being drafted and has a high ceiling in terms of potential. Add to the fact that the blues are in no position to make a run at the playoffs, and are still in the 'rebuild' mode, it would be foolish to trade a top prospect for a guy that's a 1st line tweener. Now if it's for a guy that is a young star in the NHL already(package deal) then maybe it's plausable, but I dont see trading Berglund as a good thing for St. Louis.