HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Yvon Pedneault on 110%

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-22-2008, 08:33 PM
  #76
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
Really? I'm disapointed.
Maybe he had a flight or something. I enjoyed him though, made me kind of nostalgic.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2008, 08:53 PM
  #77
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
Maybe he had a flight or something. I enjoyed him though, made me kind of nostalgic.
Mitch has so many contacts. Has Bill Lee ever hosted the show? That would be something.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2008, 09:34 PM
  #78
Montrealer
Registered User
 
Montrealer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Chambly QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kovalev View Post
I like Rinfret I always agree with that dude for some reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macbeth View Post
You only like people who you agree with ?

Innaresting.
I like lasagna because it's cheesy. That doesn't mean I only like cheesy food.

Montrealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2008, 10:08 PM
  #79
Macbeth
Registered User
 
Macbeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Petite-Patrie, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrealer View Post
I like lasagna because it's cheesy. That doesn't mean I only like cheesy food.
Alright.

It's just the way he phrased it.

Macbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2008, 12:25 PM
  #80
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 22,304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Robert View Post
Pedneault has fallen so far I feel bad for the guy. He used to be one of the best journalists around, now he writes worthless garbage for le JDM. The guy doesn't put any analytical effort into his writing like he used to.

He could be Quebec's version of Stephen Brunt instead he's on cable TV at 11:00pm with a bunch of clowns when he's not writing nonsense for a trashy paper. (Probably should say "could have been" because he's been out of touch for at least a half years now.)
I don't get your point. Stephen Brunt is one of the best journalists.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2008, 01:38 PM
  #81
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
I don't get your point. Stephen Brunt is one of the best journalists.
I believe he means that he has the ability to be a Brunt calibre journalist but instead he.......

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2008, 01:40 PM
  #82
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
Mitch has so many contacts. Has Bill Lee ever hosted the show? That would be something.
Somehow I think Lee, having to fit into a format would be like putting me in charge of protocol for the next royal visit.

I love Lee's segments though. I find that his Spaceman rep obscures the fact that he's a really bright guy.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2008, 04:14 PM
  #83
Koivu11
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 163
vCash: 500
he'll be on tonight

http://www.tqs.ca/emissions/110/

Koivu11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2008, 04:37 PM
  #84
Pr3Va1L
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 626
vCash: 500
I listened to 110% last night...

WTF are these guys?

I had not listened to TQS in a while but why did it seem to me like a Redneck festival?

Pr3Va1L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2008, 05:32 PM
  #85
THE HOFF
Registered User
 
THE HOFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,182
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Yep. I think it was more of a hope he wouldn't join that gong show than a joke though.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 08:11 AM
  #86
L'abstrait
Registered User
 
L'abstrait's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: St-Henri
Country: Qatar
Posts: 2,109
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to L'abstrait
I just saw the re-run of last night's show this morning. Rinfret was the same old ''Hey! Listen to me, I yell when I speak and I'm trying to make a point about nothing! **puts on his crazy eyes**'' I can't believe I actually listen to him do the play by play on CKAC for a while. I guess there's been worst in the past...

Jean Perron still makes me laugh so hard. He went on to say that the Habs are like a bench of Saint Bernards and then 2 minutes later he went on by saying that the Habs were a bunch of chihuahuas... How the hell did he ever get to coach the Habs??? I mean, even a drunk in a slum bar would get better arguments than him! I'd like to see an ad like the Crosby Gaterade one where you see what's actually going on in his brain. I picture a mini-clone of Perron drawing random keywords in a brown bag and trying to make that word fit in the next sentence he says. What a clown!

Gagnon and Pedneault where the best of the bunch.(Not a big accomplishment but still..)

Pagé is just plain out terrible. He just doesn't seem to know how to lead a debate . He just sits back, and once upon a time he yells ''But what about **random issue**?? huh?'' He's so passé due.

I can't stand Villeneuve (especially when he ask a question and then squints like he's looking at the sun...) but at least La Zone is a show that has much more credibility just because of Dany Dubé. He's a real analyst and he actually uses his notes and thinks before he talks. I wouldn't be surprised to see him replace Brunet on RDS at one point if he doesn't cut it after his trial period.(I don't know his contract status with CKAC and SRC...) Who's gonna start the anti Pierre and Benoit fan club??


Last edited by L'abstrait: 08-28-2008 at 09:00 AM.
L'abstrait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 08:37 AM
  #87
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'abstrait View Post
I just saw the re-run of last night's show this morning. Rinfret was the same old ''Hey! Listen to me, I yell when I speak and I'm trying to make a point about nothing! **puts on his crazy eyes**'' I can't believe I actually listen to him do the play by play on CKAC for a while. I guess there's been worst in the past...

Jean Perron still makes me laugh so hard. He went on to say that the Habs are like a bench of Saint Bernards and then 2 minutes later he went on by saying that the Habs were a bunch of chihuahuas... How the hell did he ever get to coach the Habs??? I mean, even a drunk in a slum bar would get better arguments than him! I'd like to see an ad like the Crosby Gaterade one where you see what's actually going on in his brain. I picture a mini-clone of Perron drawing random keywords in a brown bag and trying to make that word fit in the next sentence he says. What a clown!

Gagnon and Pedneault where the best of the bunch.(Not a big accomplishment but still..)

Pagé is just plain out terrible. He just doesn't seem to know how to lead a debacle. He just sits back, and once upon a time he yells ''But what about **random issue**?? huh?'' He's so passé due.

I can't stand Villeneuve (especially when he ask a question and then squints like he's looking at the sun...) but at least La Zone is a show that has much more credibility just because of Dany Dubé. He's a real analyst and he actually uses his notes and thinks before he talks. I wouldn't be surprised to see him replace Brunet on RDS at one point if he doesn't cut it after his trial period.(I don't know his contract status with CKAC and SRC...) Who's gonna start the anti Pierre and Benoit fan club??
I watched last night. There was something I wanted to see, which must have been important because I can't remember what it was. I switched over and when I saw Pedneault, I thought I'd give it a chance.

Perron looks like brilliant ideas and visionary obdervations are entering his head and being evaporated before they come out his mouth. I don't find myself disliking him, but I can't say I'd welcome discussing hockey with him.

I like listening to guys like Pedneault and Gagnon for the most part. They have some pre-conceived notions, maybe some agendas, but who doesn't ?

I honestly can't watch anything with Villeneuve on it, there's something in his mannerisms, maybe a 'I obviously know more than you' aura he carries, I don't know but I just can't watch. Page is similar to me, he adds nothing whatsoever.

What disapointed me is what bothers me with most experts. They list C's they want to see. They throw out names with no regard to contract status, no inkling as to whether a guy is on the market, no discussion as the differnece between a player you relinquish assets for or get for nothing.

You don't learn anything there, I can name 50 posters here that qualify these ideas more logically without benefit of connections.

This isn't a damn French media rant as mediocrity easily crosses the 2 solitudes.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 08:57 AM
  #88
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'abstrait View Post
I just saw the re-run of last night's show this morning. Rinfret was the same old ''Hey! Listen to me, I yell when I speak and I'm trying to make a point about nothing! **puts on his crazy eyes**'' I can't believe I actually listen to him do the play by play on CKAC for a while. I guess there's been worst in the past...

Jean Perron still makes me laugh so hard. He went on to say that the Habs are like a bench of Saint Bernards and then 2 minutes later he went on by saying that the Habs were a bunch of chihuahuas... How the hell did he ever get to coach the Habs??? I mean, even a drunk in a slum bar would get better arguments than him! I'd like to see an ad like the Crosby Gaterade one where you see what's actually going on in his brain. I picture a mini-clone of Perron drawing random keywords in a brown bag and trying to make that word fit in the next sentence he says. What a clown!

Gagnon and Pedneault where the best of the bunch.(Not a big accomplishment but still..)

Pagé is just plain out terrible. He just doesn't seem to know how to lead a debacle. He just sits back, and once upon a time he yells ''But what about **random issue**?? huh?'' He's so passé due.

I can't stand Villeneuve (especially when he ask a question and then squints like he's looking at the sun...) but at least La Zone is a show that has much more credibility just because of Dany Dubé. He's a real analyst and he actually uses his notes and thinks before he talks. I wouldn't be surprised to see him replace Brunet on RDS at one point if he doesn't cut it after his trial period.(I don't know his contract status with CKAC and SRC...) Who's gonna start the anti Pierre and Benoit fan club??
I feel he's quite good at that.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 08:59 AM
  #89
L'abstrait
Registered User
 
L'abstrait's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: St-Henri
Country: Qatar
Posts: 2,109
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to L'abstrait
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
I feel he's quite good at that.
You got me there!

L'abstrait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 09:02 AM
  #90
CastroLeRobot
Hab-a-bouille
 
CastroLeRobot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 731
vCash: 500
I think La Zone is lightyears ahead of 110% in terms of quality. Sure, Villeneuve is an arrogant *****, but the guy knows his hockey (even if I don't always agree with him) and he has 2 very necessary qualities in order to present a show:

1- Chooses his collaboraters wisely : Dubé and Ciccone are very good. Others like Gagnon, Desjardins and Audette are also pretty good.

2- Knows how to provoke a debate and get the most out of each debater

For me, having to choose between the two shows is a no brainer.

On the original, original subject (Pednault being fired), I wish RDS would also fire their director for the habs games. I've never seen so many errors on a show, all the director's responsability:
-Missing faceoffs
-Missing score board
-Missing PP/PK time
-Showing the wrong clip during analysis
and more...

You have at least 5 of those in each game (And I'm being very very kind here). And it's not like they don't have the time to adapt : there's like 95 games every freaking year. GET SOMEONE WHO CAN DO THE JOB

CastroLeRobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 09:15 AM
  #91
Brownies
Registered User
 
Brownies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Writing an Haiku or watching an habs game
Posts: 2,940
vCash: 500
Wow I didn't knew Pedneault got fired from RDS. Good news for me. I was tired of hearing the same things over and over : Koivu n'a pas marqué depuis les 3 derniers matchs... (Koivu hasn't scored in the last 3 games) etc... I didn't like Brunet in his first 2 years, but he was quite good during the Sens games I watched last year. I'm happy with the change.

110 % must be happy to get Pedneault. He's better than most people there. They should fire Pagé and put Gagnon instead. He's really good. I often watch 110 %. Most of the time, I switch channels when I get too angry about the crap they just said but they're entertaining. La Zone is boring as hell. They know their stuff, but damn ! They're talking about sports, not politics. Show some passion, have some fun, anything....

Brownies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 05:43 PM
  #92
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 22,304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
I watched last night. There was something I wanted to see, which must have been important because I can't remember what it was. I switched over and when I saw Pedneault, I thought I'd give it a chance.

Perron looks like brilliant ideas and visionary obdervations are entering his head and being evaporated before they come out his mouth. I don't find myself disliking him, but I can't say I'd welcome discussing hockey with him.

I like listening to guys like Pedneault and Gagnon for the most part. They have some pre-conceived notions, maybe some agendas, but who doesn't ?

I honestly can't watch anything with Villeneuve on it, there's something in his mannerisms, maybe a 'I obviously know more than you' aura he carries, I don't know but I just can't watch. Page is similar to me, he adds nothing whatsoever.

What disapointed me is what bothers me with most experts. They list C's they want to see. They throw out names with no regard to contract status, no inkling as to whether a guy is on the market, no discussion as the differnece between a player you relinquish assets for or get for nothing.

You don't learn anything there, I can name 50 posters here that qualify these ideas more logically without benefit of connections.

This isn't a damn French media rant as mediocrity easily crosses the 2 solitudes.

I dispises Gagnon above all else. Because while most of the other guys seem like our crazy drunk uncles at a party, Gagnon thinks of himself as God's gift to journalism and cannot shut up. In a random coversation if someone would say "The Habs finished first in the East last year". He would say "wait a minute if they would not have made the playoffs if they would not have won 8 games againt the Bruins. Just because he wants to shows he's good just by coming up with numbers. While most guys know this, but they won't say it because it's worthless.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 06:04 PM
  #93
suprez
Registered User
 
suprez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Laval
Country: Canada
Posts: 820
vCash: 500
I have no problem with 110% . I watch it often.
Yes they yell and scream . But that what i love about this show . It's different from the big serious *analyst* sitting on a chair and talking each turn.

110% it's more like a debate you can have with your friend or with a mapleleaf fans lol.

Has for *Pet* neault (how me and my wife call him) I just could not stand him anymore.At each little mistake the habs did , he went berserk and blablabla about it for minutes.

Good ridance . Suck that he's now at 110% .Because that mean , the show will be muted each time he open his trap.

suprez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 06:05 PM
  #94
roy munson
Bon voyage capitaine
 
roy munson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,086
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
...Perron looks like brilliant ideas and visionary obdervations are entering his head and being evaporated before they come out his mouth...
I think Perron has an incredible amount of hockey knowledge stored in his head. He's just so bad at explaining anything... I would like to be a fly on the wall (and the proud owner of a time machine...) just to hear how the hell he got his messages through. Great hockey guy, bad communicator (on TV anyways).

roy munson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 07:14 PM
  #95
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
I dispises Gagnon above all else. Because while most of the other guys seem like our crazy drunk uncles at a party, Gagnon thinks of himself as God's gift to journalism and cannot shut up. In a random coversation if someone would say "The Habs finished first in the East last year". He would say "wait a minute if they would not have made the playoffs if they would not have won 8 games againt the Bruins. Just because he wants to shows he's good just by coming up with numbers. While most guys know this, but they won't say it because it's worthless.
Yeah, probably true, but it comes down to taste. I don't react to Gagnon, at least not negatively. Maybe being less than perfect in French helps, I miss stuff that would otherwise annoy me.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 08:17 PM
  #96
Pedro McGuire*
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 725
vCash: 500
You Guys are so funny, I think you are all closet 110% watchers.

Pedro McGuire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.