HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Gomez to Vancouver(e4)

Old
08-23-2008, 04:58 PM
Respect Your Edler
Thank You 52

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Huh?

Gomez and Henrik Sedin have different styles, of course, but in terms of their role on the team, they're the same player. I've never been a fan of having even who guy who fills their role on the team, much less two. They're both second line centers.

Demitra should be better than he is. He's only 33, he should still have a year or two left. Hopefully the reins will be loosened with the influence of Lemaire gone, and he can recapture some of his magic, but I doubt he'll ever be the player he was.

As a whole, this isn't very frightening, especially not in the Western Conference. If you add Gomez to Vancouver right now, and I'm not even subtracting anything, which you would have to do in some capacity if they traded for him, I see them finishing behind Detroit, San Jose, Dallas, Anaheim, and Edmonton for sure, and wouldn't be surprised if they did worse than the Flames, the Blackhawks, the 'Yotes. The Avalanche and the Wild are going to fall this year, I feel.
Gomez and Sedin are both 2nd line centres?

In what magical world do 2nd line centres put up over 70 points? Your analyis of where they finish is laughable as well. Worse than Anaheim and Edmonton for sure? That's funny because Gomez would be Edmonton's best forward next year.

Respect Your Edler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2008, 05:05 PM
Fictional Realism
Moustache Power

vCash: 894
I can only hope this is true. I'd love to see Gomez added to the Canucks.

Fictional Realism is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2008, 05:07 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover View Post
No more than a 2nd and 3rd round pick for gomez. That contract is an albatross and is the jeff finger contract for forwards.
Cept the fact that Gomez is actually a 1st line center...where finger is a #5 dman.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2008, 05:11 PM
Comparison Ford
i got a star

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Cept the fact that Gomez is actually a 1st line center...where finger is a #5 dman.
Finally something a rags fan said, i agree with.

Comparison Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2008, 05:23 PM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Dream on.

Rangers are desperate to shed salary, they aren't going to be able to (a) get the player they want in Sundin, (b) trade salary in Gomez to get Sundin and (c) then get two 1st round draft picks in a three-way deal in one of the deepest drafts in years next summer.

Demitra and Gaborik weren't that lethal in Minny.
When all of a sudden did the Rangersbecome desperate to move Gomez Salary?

Where are you getting this BS from?

The Rangers allowed Jagr to leave and handed the team over to Gomez and Drury and I doubt they are looking at movomg Gomez for 1 MAYBE 2 years of Sundin which isn't that much of an upgrade (although I admint Sundin is an upgrade)

Some of the comments I have seen here are downright ********. Kesler for Gomez? Please stop with the insane BS.

The Rangers team concept, while changing a bit this year coming, is going to allow them to move a guy like Roszival before they move Gomez. It also is going to allow them to create a much deeper forward group which makes they that much tougher to play against.

Gomez will be here with or without Sundin.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2008, 05:26 PM
serge2k

I really hope this doesn't happen.

Gomez is a good player but I want that contract far away from the canucks.

serge2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2008, 05:30 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post

The Rangers allowed Jagr to leave and handed the team over to Gomez and Drury and I doubt they are looking at movomg Gomez for 1 MAYBE 2 years of Sundin which isn't that much of an upgrade (although I admint Sundin is an upgrade)

Some of the comments I have seen here are downright ********. Kesler for Gomez? Please stop with the insane BS.

The Rangers team concept, while changing a bit this year coming, is going to allow them to move a guy like Roszival before they move Gomez. It also is going to allow them to create a much deeper forward group which makes they that much tougher to play against.

Exactly.

One thing people seem fail to understand is the Rangers are not looking to move Gomez.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2008, 05:35 PM
NYVanfan

vCash: 50
if this went through, what does it mean for Vcr UFAs next summer, specifically the Sedins? Are they going to want $7M+ too?

That contract is an albatross, no doubt about it. I think Gomez is a good player and he's young, and if Gillis canget the Sedins extended for $5M or so each, I'd love to see Gomez here... But not at the cost of much more than Krajicek, Pyatt, 3rd.

If those of us who believe the NTC and contract diminish his trade value are wrong, and a bidding war does ensue, then I hope the Canucks stasy away.

NYVanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2008, 05:48 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYVanfan View Post
That contract is an albatross, no doubt about it.
Sure doesn't seem like the Rangers think so.

08-23-2008, 05:49 PM
The Polak*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulisian Spinorama View Post
Gomez and Sedin are both 2nd line centres?

In what magical world do 2nd line centres put up over 70 points? Your analyis of where they finish is laughable as well. Worse than Anaheim and Edmonton for sure? That's funny because Gomez would be Edmonton's best forward next year.
Well, they finished worse than edmonton last year and one team has gotten better while the other has gotten worse.

Tough to accept I know, but your team is gonna be garbage

The Polak* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2008, 06:00 PM
QuickDynamite

Screw the Rangers, they just go and sign free agents and now they can use them as trade bait to better their team in other ways. Simply because of the fact that they are New York and can attract free agents.

They don't ever really need Sundin, Vancouver does. I hope we don't make this trade. Doesn't Gomez have a NTC anyways? Gomez isn't even a PPG player and he's making like what? 8 million a season? No thank you.

QuickDynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2008, 06:01 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapel113x View Post
Screw the Rangers, they just go and sign free agents and now they can use them as trade bait to better their team in other ways. Simply because of the fact that they are New York and can attract free agents.

They don't ever really need Sundin, Vancouver does. I hope we don't make this trade. Doesn't Gomez have a NTC anyways? Gomez isn't even a PPG player and he's making like what? 8 million a season? No thank you.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2008, 06:04 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
They don't ever really need Sundin, Vancouver does.
So go get him. You won't hear this Ranger fan complain.

Old
08-23-2008, 06:04 PM
evgeni71

Quote:

No you missed the most important part, Gomez is just another playmaker on a team full of them...Henrik, Demitra, Wellwood...

evgeni71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2008, 06:09 PM
God
Free Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
Done from a Rangers perspective. The player the Rangers get with Vancouver's pick would probably be NHL ready right out of the draft; probably will be in Schroeder/Duchene/Kadri range. Having 3, count them, 3 first rounders in this year's draft would be absolutely lethal. Maybe 2 of them could be used to trade up and grab one of Tavares, Hedman, Paajarvi, Schenn, or Cowan with this scenario.

One can dream.
I'd just like to chime in cause a lot of people seem to be writing off the Canucks already, and I don't really blame them, but they're more likely to make the playoffs than not.

Last year was a freak year. Our defense was injured. A lot. But, as you'll see, in 06/07 where we won the division, our defense was the same except healthier and our forwards were much worse than they are now, especially if Gomez is added to the lineup.

So really, the team will compete, but the question is how healthy the defense can be, or else we'll have Rob Davison on the top pairing, and nobody wants that.

God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2008, 06:10 PM
QuickDynamite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
So go get him. You won't hear this Ranger fan complain.
OK well I would if I could, unfortunately this is a bit out of my control.

Well you personally will not complain, because the Rangers can do without Sundin, they've already got a fairly good group of fowards.

Old
08-23-2008, 06:12 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
OK well I would if I could, unfortunately this is a bit out of my control.

Well you personally will not complain, because the Rangers can do without Sundin, they've already got a fairly good group of fowards.
Not really my friend. only top 6 capable players on the team are Drury, Gomez, Naslund, and Zherdev. Dawes is a 3rd liner as of now, and Prucha is, well prucha you dont know how he'll be.

Old
08-23-2008, 06:22 PM
Nikita Filatov*

Send a message via AIM to Nikita Filatov*
Quote:

I don't get it....You think the Rangers suck because they want to improve their team? It's not a matter of needs at all. Sundin would make the Rangers better...Even IF Gomez is traded. Although I would think Rosival is traded before Gomez....

Nikita Filatov* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2008, 06:24 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post

I think they would be crazy to move Gomez. I am only suggesting the obvious.

In oder to get Sundin on your roster for a 1 or 2 year hit to win the cup you'll have to get rid of Gomez, Drury or Rozsival to make room under the cap.

If you think he is coming for $2 million your obviously sniffing gas.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2008, 06:26 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinsfan1 View Post
I don't get it....You think the Rangers suck because they want to improve their team? It's not a matter of needs at all. Sundin would make the Rangers better...Even IF Gomez is traded. Although I would think Rosival is traded before Gomez....
A weak D in New York gets weaker with a Rozsival trade.

And the Rangers aren't better with Jagr and Gomez gone and replaced with Sundin and Naslund. Don't forget that Avery is gone too and Shanny isn't exactly a for sure thing either.

I think the Rangers need Sundin with Gomez and the other forwards there as well. It is hard to do though because of the cap, the Redden signing was a bad move by Sather to me.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2008, 06:29 PM
QuickDynamite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinsfan1 View Post
Well I don't think the Rangers suck. I really don't like them though, because they can basically sign any free agent they want. While the Canadian teams struggle to sign any.

Old
08-23-2008, 06:30 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:

And the Rangers aren't better with Jagr and Gomez gone and replaced with Sundin and Naslund. Don't forget that Avery is gone too and Shanny isn't exactly a for sure thing either.

I think the Rangers need Sundin with Gomez and the other forwards there as well. It is hard to do though because of the cap, the Redden signing was a bad move by Sather to me.
The Rangers have a weak defense? They were second in the East in GA and 6th in the league. And they have made moves to improve the defense.

Old
08-23-2008, 06:31 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:

weak D?

Old
Nikita Filatov*

Send a message via AIM to Nikita Filatov*
Quote:

I think Redden will prove a lot of people wrong this season.

It is a risk though. I think the Rangers value offense more than Defense, which is the only reason I think they take that risk.

Nikita Filatov* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Well I don't think the Rangers suck. I really don't like them though, because they can basically sign any free agent they want. While the Canadian teams struggle to sign any.
An antiquated post.

There's a cap. They can't sign any FA they want.