HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Predict the first Hab to be traded in 2008/9 !

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-23-2008, 11:55 PM
  #1
ROEN
HabsHQ
 
ROEN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,064
vCash: 500
Predict the first Hab to be traded in 2008/9 !

And I do mean once training camp starts so no Corey Locke don't count ...

Whoever it is , it's gonna suck big time ... but we have some dudes here who were pretty spot-on with the point prediction last year so let's give it a shot with players traded

rules are it has to be a roster player !

I'll go with the easy prediction ... Dandenault

ROEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2008, 11:57 PM
  #2
Russeltown
Registered User
 
Russeltown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,526
vCash: 500
Who else but Dandenault?

Russeltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2008, 12:02 AM
  #3
Louis Houde
Registered User
 
Louis Houde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Trois-rivières
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,770
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Louis Houde
Of course Dandenault is the guy
I have a hunch Plekanec could move

Louis Houde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2008, 12:04 AM
  #4
Rapmaster
 
Rapmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 360
vCash: 500
dandenault, if not begin

Rapmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2008, 12:33 AM
  #5
brownman*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 9,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Houde View Post
I have a hunch Plekanec could move
Who's coming the other way, Eric Staal?

brownman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2008, 12:52 AM
  #6
Judge Sauer*
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Nunavut
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,989
vCash: 500
Komi...to LI...than we get Stamkos

Judge Sauer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2008, 12:57 AM
  #7
jdmef8vtec*
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 730
vCash: 500
i say komi and higgins for horton/bouwmester

jdmef8vtec* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2008, 01:21 AM
  #8
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 23,235
vCash: 500
No impact player on our team will get traded.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2008, 01:21 AM
  #9
Dripper
Registered User
 
Dripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Québec
Posts: 2,384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmef8vtec View Post
i say komi and higgins for horton/bouwmester
Jacques Martin is no Mike Milbury


And I don't think Dandy and Begin are tradeable. They are more waiver material, mostly because of salary. There are dozens of Begin/Dandy in the NHL/AHL for half the price.

Dripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2008, 02:04 AM
  #10
WJG
Running and Rioting
 
WJG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: Ireland
Posts: 12,744
vCash: 500
I say no moves until the deadline, at which point Halak is moved for a veteran goaltender for insurance behind price.

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2008, 02:23 AM
  #11
NewBlood
Registered User
 
NewBlood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,016
vCash: 500
Besides Dandenault, I'd say Steve Begin. I don't think he'll make the team after training camp so they might send him somewhere else.

NewBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2008, 03:27 AM
  #12
Rayne*
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBlood View Post
Besides Dandenault, I'd say Steve Begin. I don't think he'll make the team after training camp so they might send him somewhere else.
Agreed.

Rayne* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2008, 03:32 AM
  #13
NHLFutureGuy3
Registered User
 
NHLFutureGuy3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 448
vCash: 500
Unfortunately, it's going to be Ryan O'Byrne and a first in 2010 for a young offensive center.

NHLFutureGuy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2008, 05:35 AM
  #14
Marksman
Registered User
 
Marksman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROEN View Post
And I do mean once training camp starts so no Corey Locke don't count ...

Whoever it is , it's gonna suck big time ... but we have some dudes here who were pretty spot-on with the point prediction last year so let's give it a shot with players traded

rules are it has to be a roster player !

I'll go with the easy prediction ... Dandenault

You're breaking your own rules.

----

Personally I dont see us trading anybody.

Bob trades (usually) for two reasons. Either player has become problem in the lockerroom (to the point asking to get out), or is moved because hes becoming UFA while is expendable.

Clearing the air was done.

Many of the pending UFA players are key guys, that wont move unless we're out of playoffs spots.

You wont get nothing of value for guys like Dandenault or Begin, better to keep them as depth guys.

---

But if I had to guess who it is, I'd say Alex Tanguay, if he has another average season. I hope I'm wrong with this.


Last edited by Marksman: 08-24-2008 at 05:41 AM.
Marksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2008, 05:38 AM
  #15
Marksman
Registered User
 
Marksman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlighting View Post
I say no moves until the deadline, at which point Halak is moved for a veteran goaltender for insurance behind price.
Halak to Hamilton Bulldogs <-> Denis to Montreal Canadiens.

Marksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2008, 06:30 AM
  #16
crazyd
Canada is hockey
 
crazyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,086
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLFutureGuy3 View Post
Unfortunately, it's going to be Ryan O'Byrne and a first in 2010 for a young offensive center.
Worth considering...especially if Valentenko can step up. This would imply that either one of Dandy or Bouillon would be resigned.

As for Dandy, BoB will ask Carbo to play him on D in order for Dandy to prove his value.

But out of Dandy and Bouillon, I would keep Bouillon. I feel that Bouillon could still be a Hab for another 2-3 seasons, the time to bring up the likes of McDonagh, Weber and/or Subban.


Last edited by crazyd: 08-24-2008 at 06:39 AM.
crazyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2008, 06:46 AM
  #17
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,813
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBlood View Post
Besides Dandenault, I'd say Steve Begin. I don't think he'll make the team after training camp so they might send him somewhere else.
Who do you think makes it, especially if Dandenault is gone?

Kostitsyn - Plekanec - Kovalev
Tanguay - Koivu - Latendresse
Higgins - Chipchura - Kostitsyn
Kostopoulos - Lapierre - Laraque

We have three players who could make the team, IMO, out of training camp;

Pacioretty, Stewart, D'Agostini.

But I doubt any of them split time in the pressbox, with the exception of maybe Stewart.

One Man Rock Band is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2008, 07:49 AM
  #18
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,645
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Who do you think makes it, especially if Dandenault is gone?

Kostitsyn - Plekanec - Kovalev
Tanguay - Koivu - Latendresse
Higgins - Chipchura - Kostitsyn
Kostopoulos - Lapierre - Laraque

We have three players who could make the team, IMO, out of training camp;

Pacioretty, Stewart, D'Agostini.

But I doubt any of them split time in the pressbox, with the exception of maybe Stewart.
I wouldn't mind seeing Pacioretty spend a full season on the top 2 lines in Hamilton and prove his worth/make sure he develops well(unlike another power forward on our team now).. IMO he is not the type of player we bring in to play bottom 6 minutes.

I like your lines though.

For whatever reason I always picture Higgins being traded (and I don't want him to be), for some reason he mentioned in every single trade rumor involving our team.

JGRB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2008, 07:56 AM
  #19
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
I wouldn't be suprised to see a young dman packaged woth Higgins or Latendresse to address the need for a big centre. With so much depth at D it is possible, and if MaxPac is what we think he can be then a Higgins or Latendresse may become expendable to address a glaring need...especially with Higgins entering RFA status and wanting a long term deal like the Carter's and AK47's.

I say Higgins, his name has been mentioned in possible trades that almost happened last spring.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2008, 08:21 AM
  #20
Mustafa*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 3,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
I wouldn't be suprised to see a young dman packaged woth Higgins or Latendresse to address the need for a big centre. With so much depth at D it is possible, and if MaxPac is what we think he can be then a Higgins or Latendresse may become expendable to address a glaring need...especially with Higgins entering RFA status and wanting a long term deal like the Carter's and AK47's.

I say Higgins, his name has been mentioned in possible trades that almost happened last spring.
His name was mentioned in almost every rumors because most people did'nt know how good the KO bros or Plek were last year. Now that they had a good season they will appear in most rumors. And if Lats has a strong season the rumors makers will had him in every one of their little texts.

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2008, 08:32 AM
  #21
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,645
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
His name was mentioned in almost every rumors because most people did'nt know how good the KO bros or Plek were last year. Now that they had a good season they will appear in most rumors. And if Lats has a strong season the rumors makers will had him in every one of their little texts.
I seriously doubt "rumors" will pop up about the Kostitsyn brothers, unless they are seriously underachieving.. I think most hockey people know there is no chance Bob would trade one or both unless there was severe overpayment from the other party.

Pleks I could see in some trade rumors because of his FA status, but unless another #1 center is coming the other way (AKA: Lateral move), he isn't going anywhere because if our top 3 centers are Koivu, Chipchura and Lapierre.. We are in some pretty deep poo.

JGRB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2008, 11:20 AM
  #22
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,933
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dripper View Post
Jacques Martin is no Mike Milbury


And I don't think Dandy and Begin are tradeable. They are more waiver material, mostly because of salary. There are dozens of Begin/Dandy in the NHL/AHL for half the price.
Jacques Martin is just as bad as Milbury.

Luongo and Jokinen trades?

Haha, wait, they both traded them for atrocious returns.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2008, 11:22 AM
  #23
Iwishihadacup
Registered User
 
Iwishihadacup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,713
vCash: 500
methink its all about kovalev if he have a bad camp/beginning of year

to make place for Max Pac

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2008, 11:22 AM
  #24
Selanne08*
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,899
vCash: 500
Kovalev

Selanne08* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2008, 11:23 AM
  #25
Selanne08*
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,899
vCash: 500
On a different note...

Stamkos for Price? Does either side do this deal? And is the value the same?

Selanne08* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:27 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.