HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Gomez to Vancouver(e4)

Old
08-24-2008, 10:47 AM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
I could care less what any poll on HF indicates. Edler doubled Staal's offensive production last season and averaged more ice-time per game. Staal is not a better defenseman than Edler. Down the line who knows, but right now, Staal isn't bettter.
Wow, thats real fair comparison Edler to Staal who is a defensive Defensman, and didnt play a shift of Powerplay...

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2008, 03:23 PM
crazyforhockey

When we had only two(sometimes one) of our top 6 defencman,Edler 21 at the time stepped up,became one of our top +/- defencman,putting in 23+ min a game,rarely was on the ice for a goal until later in the season,when everyone was worn out from playing too much on a injury riddled defence.He can score,carry the puck,fast skater,doesnt panic---I WOULD NOT TRADE THIS PLAYER....he will be a 50+ point defencman in a couple of years...expect 11-13 goals and 35 pts this year.

Staal will be very good,but I belive the upside of Edler is better IMO---only time will tell.

ENDORSEMENT........Detroit was going to draft him but we snagged him early.If Detroit was high on him he must be good.......the next

crazyforhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2008, 05:54 PM
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne

Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
Zherdev > Shanny. yes i did mean that. and i also think Fritsche + Rissmiller + Voros > Avery. again i do.
That's a lot of wishful thinking on your part. Shanny may be old and this kid may have talent, but Shanny has more character in his nose hair then this kid has in his whole body. Fritsche may contribute, but won't give the Rangers what Avery did. The other two players are a dime a dozen.

Brooklyndevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2008, 06:02 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyndevil View Post
That's a lot of wishful thinking on your part. Shanny may be old and this kid may have talent, but Shanny has more character in his nose hair then this kid has in his whole body. Fritsche may contribute, but won't give the Rangers what Avery did. The other two players are a dime a dozen.
Zherdev had more goals and assists than Shanny had last season, but also dont write off Shanny coming back, IMO he will be in red, white, and blue next season. You do know that Voros plays almost the same style game that Avery plays except he's 5 inches taller, and as for Rissmiller, well yeah he sucks. and Fritsche has been surronded by bad players, the kid thrived wherever he went, except for Columbus because he was moved out of his natural position.

Old
08-25-2008, 08:02 AM
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne

Quote:
Zherdev had more goals and assists than Shanny had last season, but also dont write off Shanny coming back, IMO he will be in red, white, and blue next season. You do know that Voros plays almost the same style game that Avery plays except he's 5 inches taller, and as for Rissmiller, well yeah he sucks. and Fritsche has been surronded by bad players, the kid thrived wherever he went, except for Columbus because he was moved out of his natural position.
I dis-like Sean Avery and I hate arguing on his behalf, however, you can't be serious trying to compare Voros to Avery.

Old
08-25-2008, 09:25 AM
coolbean04

Quote:
You sure like to do a lot of Rangers analysis over all these threads.

coolbean04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 10:50 AM
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbean04 View Post
You sure like to do a lot of Rangers analysis over all these threads.
That's why it's called a Hockey Forum.

Old
08-25-2008, 11:32 AM
mti79

Quote:
Quote:
I dis-like Sean Avery and I hate arguing on his behalf, however, you can't be serious trying to compare Voros to Avery.
I hate agreeing with Devil fans but in this case he's right. The Rangers may have signed Voros hoping he can channel some of the stuff Avery brought to the table, but to think he will replace him is ridiculous. There is only one Sean Avery and he's being overpaid in Dallas. I would've welcomed him back to Broadway in a heartbeat, but not at that price. But you cannot replace what he does. That's like saying Rissmiller will replace Jagr, just not happening.

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 01:18 PM
JannikAtTheDisco
No panic it's Jannik

So what is the latest on this..?

JannikAtTheDisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 01:24 PM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy Kesler View Post
So what is the latest on this..?
That theres 11 pages and we aren't any closer to knowing what the hell is going on than anyone else is.

AndyPipkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 02:59 PM
Adam Larsson

Scott Gomez isn't going anywhere.

Adam Larsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 03:39 PM
X8oD

Quote:
Originally Posted by EthanLiddle View Post
That theres 11 pages and we aren't any closer to knowing what the hell is going on than anyone else is.
sure we do, the 4 in e4 apparently applies to months, not likelyhood/

X8oD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 03:42 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
I could care less what any poll on HF indicates. Edler doubled Staal's offensive production last season and averaged more ice-time per game. Staal is not a better defenseman than Edler. Down the line who knows, but right now, Staal isn't better.
Edler had more ice time because the Canucks blueline was hit hard by injuries. he had more points because he had PP time because, as mentioned, the Canucks were hit by injuries. ES points he had Staal beat 10-9.

Rangers Unlimited
Hockey Graphs
Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 03:47 PM
BattleGuy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiLLsOn View Post
Scott Gomez isn't going anywhere.
Thanks for the update Mr.Sather

BattleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 04:21 PM
Chimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by section8 View Post
Well, Mr. Sather - without any sources - is alot more accurate than Mr. Eklund - with his sources: the janitor's wife's cousin, the GM's cat, his fortune teller and the whole crew.

Eklund's grade system is how much you're supposed to laugh at him.
e1= snicker
e2 = giggle
e3 = laugh
e4 = until you cry
e5 = until your stomach cramps

I think he would be alot more successful with his rumours if he would turn them around and give the hints: "these trades won't happen..." The problem he has with his own system is that it's hugely inflated. His e4's and e5's just never happen... not like the others do either, but...

Eklund rumours should be counted as "no source". In fact, most consider Eklund rumours posted on the hfboards IRC channel as spam. Quite hilarious during the trade deadline.

Last edited by Chimp: 08-25-2008 at 04:32 PM.
Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 07:44 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
considering Slats has stated Gomez and Drury will lead the team, and him, Renny, and Dolan went to Gomez' Golf tournament, I doubt Slats will trade Gomez, just because he has a hard-on for Sundin.

Old
08-25-2008, 07:46 PM
Adam Larsson

Quote:
Anytime.

Adam Larsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 07:49 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiLLsOn View Post
Anytime.
Slats is a Devils Fan....No wonder...

Old
08-25-2008, 09:55 PM
nastnyr94

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapel113x View Post
Well I don't think the Rangers suck. I really don't like them though, because they can basically sign any free agent they want. While the Canadian teams struggle to sign any.
I really am surprised that Vancouver has difficulty signing free agents. It's a great city with passionate fans. I'm sorry you don't like the Rangers, but honestly Philadelphia, Detroit, Toroto, Montreal, also attract a lot of free agents. We would have loved to get Hossa but he didn't want to play here. We just do the best we can to better our team. It really isn't our fault that players want to come here, but we are glad they do. Best of luck to your Canucks and I hope they make the playoffs.

nastnyr94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 11:46 PM
nastnyr94

Quote:
Shanny is old. The last two seasons he has had a good start and run out of gas around January. Zherdev will give us better offensive production because he is younger and will have the energy. Shanahan would be great as a 4th liner at this stage playing 12 mins a game with pk duty and some powerplay. That's the only way to keep him fresh. He was a total non-factor in the second half last year and only was able to be effective in the 2007 playoffs because he had a chance to rest when he was out with the concussion. Shanny is a first ballot hall of famer but he just can't do what he used to be able to anymore. In his prime I pick him over Zherdev any day. The way it stands now, I take Zherdev.

nastnyr94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 04:28 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 50
we are 72h point of this rumour----

thought I would point that out--

there is a time frame for his stuff--we bring out the tar and feather at somepoint in time

Heaven wont take me and hell is afraid I'd take 0ver
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 09:19 AM
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastnyr94 View Post
Shanny is old. The last two seasons he has had a good start and run out of gas around January. Zherdev will give us better offensive production because he is younger and will have the energy. Shanahan would be great as a 4th liner at this stage playing 12 mins a game with pk duty and some powerplay. That's the only way to keep him fresh. He was a total non-factor in the second half last year and only was able to be effective in the 2007 playoffs because he had a chance to rest when he was out with the concussion. Shanny is a first ballot hall of famer but he just can't do what he used to be able to anymore. In his prime I pick him over Zherdev any day. The way it stands now, I take Zherdev.
Understood. However, Zherdev has been accused of character issues. If there true or not, I have no idea, but that's what's been written about him. As for Shanny, yes, I agree that he runs out of gas as the seasons goes on, but his leadership will be missed if Slats can't bring him back.

Old
08-26-2008, 09:56 AM
JR#9*

Quote:
Understood. However, Zherdev has been accused of character issues. If there true or not, I have no idea, but that's what's been written about him. As for Shanny, yes, I agree that he runs out of gas as the seasons goes on, but his leadership will be missed if Slats can't bring him back.
from all indications Shanny will be back in the fold along with a big, balding swede so we would have potentially 4 guys who have been captains in the NHL on the roster so I think the leadership within the lockeroom should work itself out...

JR#9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 10:37 AM
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne

Quote:
Originally Posted by JA#11 View Post
from all indications Shanny will be back in the fold along with a big, balding swede so we would have potentially 4 guys who have been captains in the NHL on the roster so I think the leadership within the lockeroom should work itself out...
I would be surprised if the Rangers land Sundin and the reasons are, I doubt Gomez is going anywhere. It's fun to analyze Gomez being traded, but in reality I doubt it happens. As for moving Rosy, which it seems most Rangers fans are in agreement, the Rangers defense would take a major hit. The Rangers don't have anyone in the minors that can replace him. The Rangers have a decent defense as is, but not much depth. As for Shanny, I'm sure Sather is waiting for the NHL to approve the extension of the current CBA, so they can bring him back by signing him to a bonus laden contract.

Old
08-26-2008, 11:45 AM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
I would be surprised if the Rangers land Sundin and the reasons are, I doubt Gomez is going anywhere. It's fun to analyze Gomez being traded, but in reality I doubt it happens. As for moving Rosy, which it seems most Rangers fans are in agreement, the Rangers defense would take a major hit. The Rangers don't have anyone in the minors that can replace him. The Rangers have a decent defense as is, but not much depth. As for Shanny, I'm sure Sather is waiting for the NHL to approve the extension of the current CBA, so they can bring him back by signing him to a bonus laden contract.
I've never agreed more with a Devils fan. But Slats isnt waitiing on the CBA hes waiting for Sundins desicion. Basicly if he doesn sign Mats, He will most likely Sign Shanny and a depth defensman. Shanny also said he'd take a paycut from $5 mil to $1 mil.