HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Leafs-Flyers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-24-2008, 10:24 PM
  #26
Tripod
Registered User
 
Tripod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 6,418
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
So now Toskala is a great goalie now.. Since ****ing when? Are you saying Toskala, Kabs, and Antropov would helps us win a championship next year? If we move Biron, Carter, Knuble and Parent?

We do not need such a trade. What we need is a system, a defensive system from our head coach. We definitely have the right players to become a steady hockey club that won’t be out shot on regular basis. If we get that type of system in place then will finish top 3 in the East in points next year guaranteed.
No...Toskala is not great. I was responding to your line-up in 2 years. I was saying that the line-up would have to be potentially altered to get a goalie. And I for one hope Homer goes and gets us a great goalie somehow as opposed to an adequate one which we seem to always have...Always good/adequate but never great.

Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2008, 10:33 PM
  #27
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends
 
Moses Doughty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Drewbacca
Country: United States
Posts: 7,860
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Since when Toskala is better then Biron?????????
A deal was in place for Kabs before Carter accelerated in his development and replaced Richards who was injured.

Too many players involved and I do not like it. Flyers should not help the Leafs to rebuild.
Since he became a starter he's better by a little
Still Philly gets hosed BIG


Moses Doughty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2008, 11:33 PM
  #28
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
No...Toskala is not great. I was responding to your line-up in 2 years. I was saying that the line-up would have to be potentially altered to get a goalie. And I for one hope Homer goes and gets us a great goalie somehow as opposed to an adequate one which we seem to always have...Always good/adequate but never great.
Toskala is a good goalie but I do not think he is an upgrade and he would still be #5 in our division. Anyway you slice it. So breaking up that chemistry that Biron has makes zero sense just like the rest of the trade offer involving Carter Parent Antropov and Kabs. Now some fans would LOVE to win now but this Flyers team will no have a shot at the cup next year unless some freak accident.

Flyers should be patient and improve our d-sive system and out prospects on D and in goal.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2008, 11:39 PM
  #29
sievea*
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 265
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
So breaking up that chemistry that Biron has
what.

sievea* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 12:21 AM
  #30
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?
 
Shadow Flyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Interwebs
Country: United States
Posts: 3,714
vCash: 500
Take Carter and Kaberle and restart the discussions. Just leave everyone else out of it. All those other pieces just end up being a lateral move at best.

It's simple. The Flyers need a top-4 defenseman. That's it. We don't need the slight improvement in goal Toskala may provide. We don't need to get rid of Knuble and Parent to bring in an injury-prone guy like Antropov.

If you wanna talk Carter for Kaberle as the foundation, go right ahead. But everything else just muddies up the water more than need be. This doesn't have to be complicated.

Shadow Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 12:22 AM
  #31
The Big Swede
Registered User
 
The Big Swede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Gatineau,Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Why is he better again? I need explanation here. Because he had a good run in SJ? Once?


Fair enough.. Keep your books and we will keep ours.

Toskala is not better then Biron.

Antropov is just too damn injury prone had one good season in 8 something NHL years. Rather have Knuble for another year then Antropov for one year.

Trading Carter and Parent for Kabs who is one hell of a player is not something I would be interested in.
You make that sound like if Biron had alot of playoff series won

The Big Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 12:31 AM
  #32
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?
 
Shadow Flyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Interwebs
Country: United States
Posts: 3,714
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Swede View Post
You make that sound like if Biron had alot of playoff series won
I think his point was, what exactly has Toskala ever won?

Shadow Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 07:25 AM
  #33
mydnyte
Registered User
 
mydnyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Country: Italy
Posts: 9,619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowFlyer View Post
I think his point was, what exactly has Toskala ever won?
the starters Job ahead of Nabokov until he got hurt ...more than once.

mydnyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 08:00 AM
  #34
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 107,620
vCash: 6115
Quote:
Originally Posted by mydnyte View Post
the starters Job ahead of Nabokov until he got hurt ...more than once.
Yet the Sharks kept Nabokov over Toskala.


Fail.


Not to mention, this is a downright terrible deal give up Ryan Parent for basically making a younger Knuble in Antropov. You'll have to do better than that. You want Parent and Carter? In a deal like this?

Carter could have been had in RFA this year and STILL COULD in 3 years. You want Carter and Parent? We'll take Schenn, Tlusty, Stralman and a few draft picks on top of Kaberle. We'll throw in Knuble just because.

Doesn't sound worth it? That's fine, the Flyers have no reason to accept any less.


Last edited by GKJ: 08-25-2008 at 08:12 AM.
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 08:22 AM
  #35
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,970
vCash: 500
anything that invovles the Flyers getting Antropov is a big NO from the Flyers POV

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 09:17 AM
  #36
BringBackStevens
Registered User
 
BringBackStevens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 11,879
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BringBackStevens
Wow, Toskala is really overrated

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 09:23 AM
  #37
mapes
Registered User
 
mapes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Halifax
Posts: 20,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mydnyte View Post
the starters Job ahead of Nabokov until he got hurt ...more than once.
I think you have it backwards. He had the starting job when Nabokov went down. He is a good goalie but he isn't Nabokov. I think he is one of the best goalies in the league and single-handly wins playoff series.

mapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 09:27 AM
  #38
FerrisRox
Registered User
 
FerrisRox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,960
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
Get an upgrade in Goal who is signed
Not sure, outside of Toronto, many would consider Toskala to be a tangible upgrade on Martin Biron.

FerrisRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 09:32 AM
  #39
Sundinisagod
the best
 
Sundinisagod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 6,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inebriator View Post
Wow, Toskala is really overrated

Wow, it looks to me like he's being under-rated.

Sundinisagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 09:35 AM
  #40
Opus
Registered User
 
Opus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,920
vCash: 50
Flyer fan here.

While I think Toskala is a slight upgrade to Biron, having to throw Parent turns me off.

Sure we could use the services of a Kaberle, but I want nothing to do with Antrapov.

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 09:50 AM
  #41
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?
 
Shadow Flyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Interwebs
Country: United States
Posts: 3,714
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mydnyte View Post
the starters Job ahead of Nabokov until he got hurt ...more than once.
Wow, quite the resume.

Shadow Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 09:54 AM
  #42
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?
 
Shadow Flyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Interwebs
Country: United States
Posts: 3,714
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Greenstein View Post
Wow, it looks to me like he's being under-rated.
Because he's accomplished what, exactly?

I mean, c'mon people. He's very talented, but he hasn't done squat. He may be better than Biron, and he may not be. There certainly isn't any tangible evidence to this point to indicate one way or the other.

Shadow Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 11:34 AM
  #43
GoneFullHolmgren
def. hockey FAIL
 
GoneFullHolmgren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 29,788
vCash: 50
only thing that interests me from a Flyers perspective is Kaberle. everything else bigtime no. Carter,Parent,Biron and Knuble for a downgrade in every area but on the blueline. bigtime no.

GoneFullHolmgren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 12:18 PM
  #44
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowFlyer View Post
Because he's accomplished what, exactly?

I mean, c'mon people. He's very talented, but he hasn't done squat. He may be better than Biron, and he may not be. There certainly isn't any tangible evidence to this point to indicate one way or the other.
Sure there is.. He plays for Maple Leafs and thats why he is better.



Leafs have nothing I want with exception of Kabs and they will want Carter plus for Kabs. No thanks.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 12:36 PM
  #45
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?
 
Shadow Flyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Interwebs
Country: United States
Posts: 3,714
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Sure there is.. He plays for Maple Leafs and thats why he is better.



Leafs have nothing I want with exception of Kabs and they will want Carter plus for Kabs. No thanks.
Riiiiiiiiiite? Apparently, as soon as a goalie dons the Leaf logo, they instantly become elite, whether they've actually accomplished anything or not. Fantasy land must be a really nice place to live....

Shadow Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 02:46 PM
  #46
SlowShot
Registered User
 
SlowShot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: Cameroon
Posts: 1,945
vCash: 500
People just say Toskala sucks because he is a leaf. When he got traded I knew alot of sharks fans who would of rather traded Nabokov or rated them at the same level. Once he touches leaf property though he is useless. Hell, I bet if Carter got traded to the leafs people would rate him as overpaid borderline 2nd liner.

SlowShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 03:20 PM
  #47
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?
 
Nizdizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,086
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowShot View Post
People just say Toskala sucks because he is a leaf. When he got traded I knew alot of sharks fans who would of rather traded Nabokov or rated them at the same level. Once he touches leaf property though he is useless. Hell, I bet if Carter got traded to the leafs people would rate him as overpaid borderline 2nd liner.
He'd be lower than that, right now hes an overpaid legit 2nd liner

Nizdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 04:44 PM
  #48
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?
 
Shadow Flyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Interwebs
Country: United States
Posts: 3,714
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowShot View Post
People just say Toskala sucks because he is a leaf. When he got traded I knew alot of sharks fans who would of rather traded Nabokov or rated them at the same level. Once he touches leaf property though he is useless. Hell, I bet if Carter got traded to the leafs people would rate him as overpaid borderline 2nd liner.
No one is saying Toskala sucks. What I and many other are saying, is that there is no tangible evidence to suggest that he's better than Biron. None. Show us some proof. Make believers out of us. I'm willing to be convinced, so convince me.

Just because Leaf fans think he's better does not necessarily make it F'ing so.

Shadow Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 10:07 PM
  #49
Sundinisagod
the best
 
Sundinisagod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 6,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowFlyer View Post
Show us some proof. Make believers out of us. I'm willing to be convinced, so convince me.

Just because Leaf fans think he's better does not necessarily make it F'ing so.
And why don't you tell us why Biron is as good or better than Toskala? Just because Flyers fans think so? That's all the "tangible" evidence you got? And I decided to post a poll to see how the majority felt, surprising results=).

Sundinisagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 10:13 PM
  #50
Shark Staal
Woah
 
Shark Staal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Vermont
Country: Germany
Posts: 16,609
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
So You say Toskala>Biron
Kaberle has > trade value than Carter
Antropov>=Knuble
...so then Parent is there to even things out ...AND Philly frees up almost 2 mill to sign a player if they choose...like Shanny for example to play PP minutes and to score in a shoot-out once in awhile.
Shanny wont play for Philly, he already said its either NY or St Louis.

Shark Staal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:23 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.