HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto-Washington

Old
08-25-2008, 01:34 AM
hockeyfan99ss*

vCash: 500
Toronto-Washington

Im writing this proposal on the basis that washington is looking to stock up for a cup run.

Toronto
Antropov
White

Washington
Eric Fehr
2nd

Antropov would fit right in, that team has so many russians its little odessa of hockey. Semin, Ovechkin, Federov, etc He would play top6 minutes and would provide some size and the presence infront of the net for snipers like ovechkin and semin, and would provide a solid presense infront of backstrom *not sure if thats his name but you know who i mean*.

White would fit thier style of play with his speed and puck moving and is worth the 2nd alone

Eric fehr is a big strong powerforward winger that would be replaceable by antropov in thier lineup providing them with a center that could be extended longterm such as 3mil over 3 years immediately and could play wing or washington could move nylander for picks etc.

Im curious as to your opinion.

hockeyfan99ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 01:35 AM
EroCaps

I might do it from Washington's perspective on pure value, but they don't need another center.

So, no dice.

EroCaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 01:48 AM
Drake1588
UNATCO

The Caps are at the salary cap ceiling right now (technically over until Pothier goes on LTIR). Fehr makes $735K and Antropov more than $2M. So it's a no go from a salary standpoint. Antropov is also unrestricted after the season, and the Caps already have three scoring centers. So be it for salary cap, asset value, or positional need... This makes little sense for any one of those reasons.

If the Capitals were genuinely stocking up for a near-term Cup run, they would add a veteran top-three defenseman, not a scoring center. As it is, they are too young on the back end to make such a run.

Drake1588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 07:29 AM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

I don't think it's too far off value wise (either way), but it doesn't make all that much sense for the Caps. Antropov wouldn't be a bad piece to have, but he makes too much to replace Fehr. Maybe if Kozlov gets moved...

Also, I'm not sure the Caps really need White all that much, as mentioned above any upgrades on the D would probably need to be of the veteran/stay at home variety.

Not a bad proposal, but not one Washington does I think.

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 07:54 AM
iPunch
Leafs Fan

vCash: 133
No offense, but this is a terrible deal for Toronto.

iPunch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 08:02 AM
Mr Shanahan

You gotta be kidding me. Antropov<<Fehr and we can get a 2nd for White somewhere else where we don't have to give up our best forward.

Mr Shanahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 08:06 AM
Foy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML4ever View Post
You gotta be kidding me. Antropov<<Fehr and we can get a 2nd for White somewhere else where we don't have to give up our best forward.
So you're saying you like this trade?

I'm confused.

From a now value standpoint, it probably favors Washington. If Fehr has the breakout season some people think, it'd favor toronto with the contracts. Washington can't do this from a salary point of view, and they don't really have a place for Antropov.

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 09:35 AM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan99ss View Post
Im writing this proposal on the basis that washington is looking to stock up for a cup run.

Toronto
Antropov
White

Washington
Eric Fehr
2nd

Antropov would fit right in, that team has so many russians its little odessa of hockey. Semin, Ovechkin, Federov, etc He would play top6 minutes and would provide some size and the presence infront of the net for snipers like ovechkin and semin, and would provide a solid presense infront of backstrom *not sure if thats his name but you know who i mean*.

White would fit thier style of play with his speed and puck moving and is worth the 2nd alone

Eric fehr is a big strong powerforward winger that would be replaceable by antropov in thier lineup providing them with a center that could be extended longterm such as 3mil over 3 years immediately and could play wing or washington could move nylander for picks etc.

Im curious as to your opinion.
Ian White won't be a regular on an actual playoff team.

The guy is just lousy. His only skill is puck moving.

He makes horrible decisions, coughs the puck up under pressure and has no defensive skills to speak of.

The amount of ice he saw last year was stupefying. Paul Maurice is a moron. No contender would put this guy in their lineup.

FerrisRox is offline   Reply With Quote