HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Boston - Columbus

Old
08-25-2008, 01:41 AM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne08 View Post
CBJ gets:

P. Bergeron
T. Rask
1st 09
1st 10

BOS gets:
Rick Nash

Close value wise?
Brutal! Bruins get hosed 3 franchise players for 1 because the 2009 pick will also be a high end prospect with as deep as that draft is suppose to be.

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 06:47 AM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
CBJ gets:

P. Bergeron
T. Rask
1st 09
1st 10

BOS gets:
Rick Nash

Close value wise?
Bruins with a big HELLLLLL no.

Bruwinz37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 07:53 AM
Don Nachbaur 26

Quote:
CBJ gets:

P. Bergeron
T. Rask
1st 09
1st 10

BOS gets:
Rick Nash

Ugh....

Don Nachbaur 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 08:02 AM
bb_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportacus View Post
IMO, Boston gets the short end of the stick here.
without the vasoline too....

i gotta wonder all the people saying this is close value wise, do you all drink the same coolaid?

bb_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 08:27 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf8188 View Post
Realistically, neither team will do this, as their biggest needs aren't being addressed. Sure, Boston needs scoring on the wing, but giving up your best two way center will not help this area one bit. Nash is the face of the Blue Jacket's and what the Bruins would be willing to give up and what the Blue Jackets would want in return for him are probably not the same-they'd more than likely want more than what the original proposal includes. But both teams could use some help on the blue line and in the secondary scoring department...and this deal doesn't get it done in either facet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedetector View Post
I would think this is a no from Columbus' perspective. Bergeron is coming off a concusion so whether he can return to his previous level of play remains to be seen. Rask is a prospect and has proven anything at the NHL level. Columbus does this and it sends the signal to their fans that they don't expect to make the playoffs again.

Exactly.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 08:31 AM
bb_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitbasketer743 View Post
I think we're overrating points here a bit. Nash plays in every situation, is the face of the franchise, and is the captain while he hasn't even hit his prime. He controls the puck among the best in the game, forechecks, backchecks, hits, and gives it all every shift.

But if you want to bring numbers in it, he's never played with anything close to a legit top line. He's had steadily increasing numbers over the years while playing in a defensive-minded system and improving his all-around game tremendously. He also dominates every international competition playing with a legit line and going up against the best defense.

So don't tell me you wouldn't take Nash just because he hasn't hit 70 points, that's just ridiculous. He's worth much more than that.
wow!! sounds like you just described Bergeron

and if you actusally stopped to read, no one is saying they wouldnt take Nash.

they are saying they wouldnt deal Bergeron, Rask and two first round picks for him.

Because Boston gets screwed.

bb_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 09:27 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

And no CBJ fans are saying they don't want Bergeron (even after his injury), just not for Nash. So, obviously, this deal doesn't work.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 11:28 AM
cbj21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinsfan1 View Post
If they got Bergeron, Rask, AND 2 first round picks, they would pack is bags and drive him to the airport.
WRONG!

cbj21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 11:53 AM
Nikita Filatov*

Send a message via AIM to Nikita Filatov*
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbj21 View Post
WRONG!
Well you sure as hell proved me wrong.

Nikita Filatov* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 11:59 AM
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs

No deal but if the Bruins would make a trade with the Jackets,I hope Chiarelli can bring Voracek back our way,kid is gonna be a star.I was so pissed when they picked him right before us

Bruinsfan_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 02:53 PM
Viqsi
"They're back."

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Well you sure as hell proved me wrong.
Okay, I'll give it a shot.

Rick Nash - strictly from a marketing perspective - is presently as vital to the Columbus franchise as Vincent Lecavalier is to TB or Alex Ovechkin is to Washington, or Roberto Luongo is to Vancouver. He is unquestionably the face of the franchise, and the most popular player, and the most productive player, and the only All-Star representative we've ever had, et cetera et cetera. Trading Rick Nash is therefore not a straight-up value proposition. You'd have to:

1) massively, and I mean MASSIVELY, overpay,
2) bring in somebody new that a majority of Columbus fans are familiar with IMMEDIATELY (think Sidney Crosby, or something equally ridiculous), and
3) catch the Blue Jackets at their nadir.

#1, based on your responses, might cause a riot over there, you don't have anyone who meets #2 (since the Bruins are in the East, not enough folks here know Bergeron), and #3 hasn't happened yet. Therefore your suggestion that simply overpaying is not only good enough, but so good they wouldn't even give it a second thought (as implied by the "pack his bags" comment) is just flat out incorrect.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 02:54 PM
Viqsi
"They're back."

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetEmPlay View Post
In an NHL where a legit # 1 is the most important element in a playoff contender... EVERY team welcomes a Tukka Rask. If I've got Broduer and Roy (each in their prime) on my roster, I still want top quality goaltending prospects in the program... ever heard of Jim Carey?
Yes! Top goaltending prospects are great to have in the org. We're very glad to have Steve Mason.

Sheesh.

Viqsi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 03:14 PM
God
Free Citizen

Quote:
Hey! According to some since Bergeron was hurt he should be given away.
A gross exaggeration of what Canuck fans said, or you can't read.

Take your pick.

God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 03:32 PM
Nikita Filatov*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cao View Post
A gross exaggeration of what Canuck fans said, or you can't read.

Take your pick.
No...That's basically what they're saying.

Old
08-25-2008, 04:04 PM
Ludicrous Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb_fan View Post
wow!! sounds like you just described Bergeron

and if you actusally stopped to read, no one is saying they wouldnt take Nash.

they are saying they wouldnt deal Bergeron, Rask and two first round picks for him.

Because Boston gets screwed.
If I was trying to describe Bergeron I would have. He's one of my favorite players. That post was strictly about Rick Nash. And btw, Bergeron isn't the captain and can't control the puck as well as Nash and other elites. Not sure if he's the face of Boston but I would assume he is. And he doesn't hit as well as Nash. But other than that, he does give it all every shift, forechecks, backchecks, etc.

And I don't understand this 'actually stopped to read' garbage. I misspoke but did I offend you? Jesus.

Ludicrous Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 04:07 PM
Ludicrous Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TampBear View Post
I dont know how that is a horrible deal, Sturm has 29 goals the last two years, Kessel had 19 last year and was tabbed as the most offensively talented guy in his draft and was the early pick for #1 overall. Marchand is a quality guy that works incredibly hard and is very skilled or if you went with Hamil who is one of the Bs top prospects and a guy that is expected to be a top 2 line center some day, and is a pretty safe bet to get there.
Well that's 48 goals. Nash isn't too far off of that and if he plays with someone competent enough to get him the puck he could very well surpass that. But you sold me on Marchand, I mean how many guys can work hard?

And I'm just not high on Hamil. Just a preference, I didn't like him last year.

Old
08-25-2008, 04:14 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

If the Bruins do that, I'll give you Dandenault and begin for Lucic and two 2nd rounders

I wouldn't say Rask is a franchise player yet, as this year he won't get much playing team, unless Fernandez goes down again.

Nash should have a decent cast of people around him now, so should be neat to see how he does.

Analyzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 04:16 PM
Nikita Filatov*

Quote:
If I was trying to describe Bergeron I would have. He's one of my favorite players. That post was strictly about Rick Nash. And btw, Bergeron isn't the captain and can't control the puck as well as Nash and other elites. Not sure if he's the face of Boston but I would assume he is. And he doesn't hit as well as Nash. But other than that, he does give it all every shift, forechecks, backchecks, etc.
Bergeron is an assistant captain...And Bergeron is one of our best hitters.

Either way, this trades makes very little sense to the Jackets and even less to the bruins.

Old
08-25-2008, 04:18 PM
STRANGE VICTORY

Quote:
Well that's 48 goals. Nash isn't too far off of that and if he plays with someone competent enough to get him the puck he could very well surpass that. But you sold me on Marchand, I mean how many guys can work hard?

And I'm just not high on Hamil. Just a preference, I didn't like him last year.
Marchand is someone that is very much handicapped by his size but doesn't play handicapped due to his work ethic, he is someone that won't ever have anything handed to him and has done a lot to get to where he is. He is someone that takes the body even if the player is much bigger than he is.

STRANGE VICTORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 04:22 PM
RocheBag

Send a message via AIM to RocheBag Send a message via MSN to RocheBag
Wow, Boston really get bent over here.

RocheBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 04:37 PM
nmbr_24

Quote:
CBJ gets:

P. Bergeron
T. Rask
1st 09
1st 10

BOS gets:
Rick Nash

Close value wise?
I am shocked by this proposal, this is one of the worst proposals I have seen in quite a while.

I think Nash is a fine player, but no way does he get this kind of return. Bergeron scores just as many points as Nash, they can both hit, I understand how people would think Nash has slightly more value than Bergeron, but not by enough to add a goaltender who is widely considered the best goaltending prospect in the world, never mind 2 1st round picks.

If Rask can become the goalie many consider him destined to become, Nash isn't even enough to get Rask alone. I realize Rask has not done much in his few games last year, but he is part of the Bruins long term plan and I seriously doubt they give him up for anything but a serious overpayment.

There are only a handful of players that could get a return even approaching this and Nash isn't one of them. Sorry, he's a good player, but he's not that good.

Try asking Montreal for something like Higgins, Price and two 1st round picks, or Pittsburgh for Staal, Fluery and two 1st round picks, those deals are pretty equal to Bergeron, Rask and two 1st's. IMHO.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 04:44 PM
God
Free Citizen

Quote:
No...That's basically what they're saying.
No, it's far off from what they're saying.

I'm not going to talk about this in this thread, but you really need to read NFiTO's posts carefully.

God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 04:54 PM
Ludicrous Speed

Quote:
Bergeron is an assistant captain...And Bergeron is one of our best hitters.

Either way, this trades makes very little sense to the Jackets and even less to the bruins.
I think this is where we can agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TampBear View Post
Marchand is someone that is very much handicapped by his size but doesn't play handicapped due to his work ethic, he is someone that won't ever have anything handed to him and has done a lot to get to where he is. He is someone that takes the body even if the player is much bigger than he is.
All I'm saying is that's not enough to sweeten the deal. There are tons of guys that fit that exact description, many in our organization already.

Old
08-25-2008, 04:59 PM
JF Omalycat
CBJ Express

As much as I love him, that's a pretty ridiculous overpayment for Nash.
Overpayment aside, it doesn't make much sense for either team, anyway.

JF Omalycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 05:03 PM
JF Omalycat
CBJ Express

Just curious, though, what "would" it take to get Bergeron in Columbus. Nash aside?

JF Omalycat is offline   Reply With Quote