HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

First Rangers fight of the year??

Old
08-25-2008, 01:24 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
i hate the offseason.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 01:26 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Voted Kocur

Add Murray Duval

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 01:27 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
What are you talking about?

So you would be happy with teams taking Dubinsky off the ice for five minutes?
if he is the only one sticking up for a teammate or himself then yea why not. so if naslund gets knocked down from a cheapshot and dubinsky is on the ice while no penalty was called, ud rather have dubinsky skate away..what if orr is already in the box, ud just let naslund get knocked down and nothing happens. how many times in years past have we complained that we had no one sticking up for our team???

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 01:37 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDubinskyNYR17 View Post
if he is the only one sticking up for a teammate or himself then yea why not. so if naslund gets knocked down from a cheapshot and dubinsky is on the ice while no penalty was called, ud rather have dubinsky skate away..
I prefer hope someone who hit the opposing's team's top player two or three times. Not have Dubinsky take an instigator penalty and get into a fight that there's no telling how he might come out of.

08-25-2008, 01:38 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
how many times in years past have we complained that we had no one sticking up for our team???
Aside from you two or three times a day, not many.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 01:50 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Rangers were 12th in terms of most major penalties taken last year, they were 8th in terms of misconducts, and tied for 7th in terms of game misconducts.

They were more than capable of taking care of themselves.

In terms of Dubinsky fighting, i think its a good thing, but that when it comes to him, he shouldnt back down, but you dont go actively seeking it out. He doesnt need to fight to change the momentum of the game, that is up to Orr, Voros, etc. He needs to fight when someone thins they can rough him up and get away with it.

I love Dubis attitude, that edge is part of his game. Its the same thing with Prucha, when you take away the edge from his game, as you saw a noticeable decrease in the amount of hits he would throw, you also saw his game fall off the face of the planet. They need to be involved, its important.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 02:28 PM
MrEctions
Willy Nilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
i hate the offseason.
+1....

MrEctions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 03:03 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Does Traverse count? My vote would go to Soryal!

Seriously though, discounting the pre-season, i'mn thinking Orr. He gets the itchy trigger finger early in the season.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 03:37 PM
Garv23

We all know Dubi will be having his share of fights because he's going to stick up for his boys, but I don't really want Dubi fighting either unless he learns how to tie guys up better. Even then, I'd much rather see him throw big hits and crash the net. Last thing I want to see is him get hurt. Leave the scraps to Orr or Voros.

Garv23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 04:17 PM
sandman441

Send a message via Yahoo to sandman441
Quote:

anyone know if Gomez, Rissmiller, Rozsival, ever fought?? didnt gomez had a fight with messier or was that arnott?

I think he fought Andre Roy but could be wrong on the name. I know whoever Gomez fought the last few games the dude was throwing out cheap shots this was in '99 or '00. he's had a few tussles but I think that was the only time he threw punches.

sandman441 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 04:19 PM
PromNite
Armed Android

Send a message via AIM to PromNite
It's gonna be Orr fighting whoever Philly's resident goon is. I would bet cold, hard cash on this. There will be no need for fights until we face Philly... and it will be Orr's first game of the season.

Adam Tensta's from the 163
PromNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 06:33 PM
hlundqvist30*

Quote:
so u rather have dubinsky not get involved in scrums and decide to skate away like nedved used too we finally have a powerforward and people want him to stop fighting lets tell colton orr to stop fighting and try to score some goals.
I'd prefer my power forward to crash the net, score goals, create havoc in front, and work hard in the corners, and then MAYBE get in the occasional fight. We don't need him racking up 100 PIM because he's spending every game fighting Georges Laraque and Ben Eager.

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 06:49 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlundqvist30 View Post
I'd prefer my power forward to crash the net, score goals, create havoc in front, and work hard in the corners, and then MAYBE get in the occasional fight. We don't need him racking up 100 PIM because he's spending every game fighting Georges Laraque and Ben Eager.
he is one of McLeod vs Dubinsky. Dubinsky chased him after McLeod nailed Prucha. http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/39401 here is another one of Dubinsky sticking up for Drury. http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/41171 so ud rather have no one do anything and wait till orr jumps on the ice

Old
08-26-2008, 04:47 AM
D713B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie1 View Post
I think he fought Andre Roy but could be wrong on the name. I know whoever Gomez fought the last few games the dude was throwing out cheap shots this was in '99 or '00. he's had a few tussles but I think that was the only time he threw punches.
Hockeyfights.com only lists Gomez as fighting Tim Taylor in Feb of 2000. No details whatsoever though.

As for Dubi fighting, while I don't want to see him get hurt, nothing is going to stop the kid from sticking up for his teammates, we've already witnessed that. While Orr may be our resident heavyweight most people won't go with Orr unless their one of the other big enforcers. He can't specifically stop an Avery/Ruutu type because they would never fight him. So I see Dubi dropping them with most of the pest/agitator/big checking energy types. Much like he did last year. I'm pretty sure Dubi knows better than to drop them with a Brash, BGL type. He'll leave the dirty work to Orr.

D713B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 08:36 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by D713B View Post
Hockeyfights.com only lists Gomez as fighting Tim Taylor in Feb of 2000. No details whatsoever though.

As for Dubi fighting, while I don't want to see him get hurt, nothing is going to stop the kid from sticking up for his teammates, we've already witnessed that. While Orr may be our resident heavyweight most people won't go with Orr unless their one of the other big enforcers. He can't specifically stop an Avery/Ruutu type because they would never fight him. So I see Dubi dropping them with most of the pest/agitator/big checking energy types. Much like he did last year. I'm pretty sure Dubi knows better than to drop them with a Brash, BGL type. He'll leave the dirty work to Orr.
yea people think dubinsky is gonna fight brash, mcgrattan, parker dubinsky aint stupid. he will fight guys like eager, carcillo, neil, morrow, ott, avery ect

Old
08-26-2008, 08:41 AM
D713B

Quote:
yea people think dubinsky is gonna fight brash, mcgrattan, parker dubinsky aint stupid. he will fight guys like eager, carcillo, neil, morrow, ott, avery ect
Don't get me wrong though, unless he has some how drastically improved his fighting and or strength in the off season he still isn't going to fair that well against those names you mentioned. The kid really needs some fighting lessons. Can't knock his heart though.

Old
08-26-2008, 08:45 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
unless he has some how drastically improved his fighting and or strength in the off season he still isn't going to fair that well against those names you mentioned.
Absolutely true.

Quote:
The kid really needs some fighting lessons. Can't knock his heart though.
Personally, I'd rather he spend his time refining his offensive game. The kid's a future second line center for this team and people are looking to him to fight.

Old
08-26-2008, 08:48 AM
D713B

Quote:

Personally, I'd rather he spend his time refining his offensive game. The kid's a future second line center for this team and people are looking to him to fight.
I whole heartedly agree but good luck getting him to stop. I don't foresee him stopping.

Old
08-26-2008, 08:54 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
I whole heartedly agree but good luck getting him to stop. I don't foresee him stopping.
If he keeps getting his ass handed to him, he'll stop.

The biggest problem I have with this whole scenario is the solution is not fighting. It's hitting the other team's top player. If Matt Cooke wants to hit Gomez, then Dubinsky (and the rest of the team) should hit Crosby — two or three times. And then score a goal. That's how you send a message and stand up for your teammates, not by hitting and getting you head handed to you by the Luke Richardsons of the league.

Old
08-26-2008, 09:26 AM
D713B

Quote:
If he keeps getting his ass handed to him, he'll stop.

The biggest problem I have with this whole scenario is the solution is not fighting. It's hitting the other team's top player. If Matt Cooke wants to hit Gomez, then Dubinsky (and the rest of the team) should hit Crosby — two or three times. And then score a goal. That's how you send a message and stand up for your teammates, not by hitting and getting you head handed to you by the Luke Richardsons of the league.
Thats overall team toughness. We have some quality checkers in the likes of Dubi, Callahan, Voros, Sjostom and Fritsche. Dawes and Betts throw a check here and there as does Prucha and when Orr can actually line some one up he does. I think this team is going to be much more cohesive and bring more energy through all 4 lines. I honestly think other teams are going to have to deal with more of us hitting their top guys than the other way around. Our forecheck should be second to none this year.

Old
08-26-2008, 10:33 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Thats overall team toughness. We have some quality checkers in the likes of Dubi, Callahan, Voros, Sjostom and Fritsche. Dawes and Betts throw a check here and there as does Prucha and when Orr can actually line some one up he does. I think this team is going to be much more cohesive and bring more energy through all 4 lines. I honestly think other teams are going to have to deal with more of us hitting their top guys than the other way around. Our forecheck should be second to none this year.
fritsche is a very hard hitter, same can be said with callahan, heck dawes threw some nice hits last year. we r more physical but i wish we had more size on the wing that can score 15-20 goals 40 pts. a power forward on the wing is what this team is missing, yotes have doan, kings have brown, nucks have bernier, sharks have clowe, stars have morrow, florida have horton.

Old
08-26-2008, 04:27 PM
Garfinkel1

I can already see the next 6 threads...

First shot of the season
First big hit of the season
First PP goal of the season
First Injury of the season
First own goal of the season
First OT goal of the season

Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 05:32 PM
D713B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfinkel1 View Post
I can already see the next 6 threads...

First shot of the season
First big hit of the season
First PP goal of the season
First Injury of the season
First own goal of the season
First OT goal of the season
Thats actually a good question since Malik is gone now.