HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Will the NYR continue to have success against the Devils this season

Old
08-26-2008, 08:54 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

vCash: 500
Will the NYR continue to have success against the Devils this season

Is Henke the mojo? Or is it Rennys system? Or that the Devils have a complex about New York? Or just some fascinating good luck?

I feel each season is pretty much a clean slate. Especially with so much turnover on the Rangers. Still........................

thoughts?

08-26-2008, 09:03 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

one concern of mine in this regard is that it's gonna be tougher to score against them, because we don't have jagr, shanny, or hollweg to grind on their D all night/every game, or avery to keep their minds off the game and on shutting up some little turd. however, our power plays hould be more effective, and we'll definitely be able to outskate their D. plus, martina can't keep it up forever

with our D improvements, it's gonna be a lot tougher to score against US too. and hopefully hank continues to grow into a perennially amazing goalie, and loses some of his streakiness...

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 09:04 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

funny I see losing Hollweg as increasing the chance of scoring

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 09:11 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

These are the times when i'm NOT proud of being a Rangers fan.

Maybe its me, but declaring "complete domination" over a bitter rival that once dominated you for over 5 years is a bit childish - especially when the Rangers have about 10 new faces coming in, the core of the team changed and the system tweaked around.

I dont see the point of this thread other than stirring up confrontations with other Devils fans on this board and praising a team that hasnt even hit the ice yet for training camp.

If it was the same team returning and they had dominated the Devils for 3 straight years then I might see the relevance in this. Besides almost all the games were one goal games. Thats not COMPLETE DOMINANCE if you ask me...

You can count me out on this one.

JINX.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 09:12 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
funny I see losing Hollweg as increasing the chance of scoring
well yeah, you increase the chance of scoring in that whoever you replace him with won't have hands of stone (hopefully), but you lose a BIG amount of physicality applied to the other teams defensemen. plus, they were all forced to look over their shoulders to make sure he wasn't going to board them every 30 seconds.

we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 09:24 AM
D713B

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
well yeah, you increase the chance of scoring in that whoever you replace him with won't have hands of stone (hopefully), but you lose a BIG amount of physicality applied to the other teams defensemen. plus, they were all forced to look over their shoulders to make sure he wasn't going to board them every 30 seconds.
Last year Hollweg wasn't even the checker he once was. He was too afraid to throw his body around because he was on a short list of players that the refs kept a close eye on.

Fritsche, Dubinsky, Callahan, Voros and Sjostrom are all good on the forecheck and throw the body around. I only listed the good forecheckers who throw the body, I know that we have others who can forecheck well. Frankly I'm not too worried about losing Hollweg at all. I did like Hollywood but this team has improved and he stopped doing what earned him that 4th line energy role.

As for this thread...I'm not sure where you're going with this. Honestly it seems like your trying to cause a stir.

D713B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 09:25 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post

JINX.
I dont believe in Jinx and Im tired of Sundin

Old
08-26-2008, 09:50 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:

Maybe its me, but declaring "complete domination" over a bitter rival that once dominated you for over 5 years is a bit childish - especially when the Rangers have about 10 new faces coming in, the core of the team changed and the system tweaked around.

I dont see the point of this thread other than stirring up confrontations with other Devils fans on this board and praising a team that hasnt even hit the ice yet for training camp.

If it was the same team returning and they had dominated the Devils for 3 straight years then I might see the relevance in this. Besides almost all the games were one goal games. Thats not COMPLETE DOMINANCE if you ask me...

JINX.
Agreed. I also edited the title. This thread will be closely watched.

08-26-2008, 09:55 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:

JINX.
There is no room for logic here, HBNYC.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 10:00 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Theres nothing wrong with rejoicing in the teams successes. Especially against the rival. You're afraid the Devils fans feelings might be hurt by this thread?

This is our board.

Old
08-26-2008, 10:14 AM
broadwayblue

It's a new season. It may turn out that we dominate them...or that they dominate us. That's why they play the games. The law of averages would suggest the series will be more even than it was last year...wins and losses wise. As others have stated, the goal differential says it wasn't as one sided as the results were.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 10:15 AM
D713B

Quote:
Theres nothing wrong with rejoicing in the teams successes. Especially against the rival. You're afraid the Devils fans feelings might be hurt by this thread?

This is our board.
It's called trolling. How would you feel if you clicked new posts and this thread popped up if you were a Devs fan. It's basically just asking for a war of words. We played extremely well against the Devs last year but that was last year and we have basically an entirely different team. I'm not seeing the relevance in this thread months after we finished playing NJ.

Old
08-26-2008, 10:41 AM
Turambar

Quote:
Originally Posted by D713B View Post
It's called trolling. How would you feel if you clicked new posts and this thread popped up if you were a Devs fan. It's basically just asking for a war of words. We played extremely well against the Devs last year but that was last year and we have basically an entirely different team. I'm not seeing the relevance in this thread months after we finished playing NJ.
It's not trolling if you're on your own board. He didn't post the thread on the Devils board, which would have been trolling.

Some people are just way too sensitive.

Turambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 11:13 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Way to sensitive. How would I feel?

If I was a Devs fan perhaps ... perplexed. Not inflamed

Old
08-26-2008, 11:22 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Discussion of play between rivals is VERY on topic I will add.

Do you think the Devils have improved? Stayed the Same?

Do you think the Rangers new roster is better suited for Rennys system or will Jagr, Straka just be sorely missed?

I anticipate two main things from the Rangers this season:

1. They will STILL be very astute at Rennys sytem. Perhaps even more so. Expect SHUTDOWN hockey in front of Henke. Low shot counts, and from the outside

2. They will be faster and somewhat bigger

If they play with some edge they will be very tough within the division

Old
08-26-2008, 11:33 AM
D713B

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrJeff View Post
It's not trolling if you're on your own board. He didn't post the thread on the Devils board, which would have been trolling.

Some people are just way too sensitive.
Right, because they don't frequent our boards and we don't theres. I'm not sensitive at all, I don't care if someone bad mouths the Devils. I just don't see the point of creating a thread that talks about Dominating the Devils when we never did in the first place.

Old
08-26-2008, 11:35 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:

JINX.

You aren't proud of being a Rangers fan because somebody asked a stupid question? Jeez going to Rangers games at the Garden has to make you squimish.....

All summer praise has been heaped upon a team that hasn't hit the ice yet (Zherdev is gonna be great....naslund needed better linemates to produce......redden is gonna be the defenseman of old...etc) now it's a problem?

i don't think this is a legit question to ask but in late august a preview/prediction thread about one of our rivals is par for the course...can we do it in a non-offensive manner? i hope so....

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 11:37 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Right, because they don't frequent our boards and we don't theres. I'm not sensitive at all, I don't care if someone bad mouths the Devils. I just don't see the point of creating a thread that talks about Dominating the Devils when we never did in the first place.

I didn't "badmouth" the Devils. No one in this thread has. The Rangers had a great record vs them last season. For a variety of reasons.

Old
08-26-2008, 11:38 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
You aren't proud of being a Rangers fan because somebody asked a stupid question?
Now THATS offensive.

but no offense taken...........

Old
08-26-2008, 11:41 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Now THATS offensive.

but no offense taken...........

I didn't mean it that way....i'm glad you see that....

cheers

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 11:49 AM
D713B

Quote:
I didn't "badmouth" the Devils. No one in this thread has. The Rangers had a great record vs them last season. For a variety of reasons.
IMO saying one dominated another when it really wasn't the case would be classified as badmouthing. Thats your opinion though and you're more than entitled to it.

Old
08-26-2008, 11:50 AM
Mr Bojanglez
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Agreed. I also edited the title. This thread will be closely watched.
I appreciate your changing of the title. I'm assuming it had something to do with complete dominance. Your title is not the same beacon for trouble, and should cut down on issues.

I appreciate HockeyBasedNYC's response. For my own good, I'll sit this thread out from now on

Mr Bojanglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 11:54 AM
Devilswede

Quote:

JINX.
The guy who started the thread should look at this post and try to learn something. This is what you call a mature person and a respectable fan.

Yeah, we had an 23 game unbeaten streak against the Rangers, we swept you two years ago, but that's all history...so is last season.

Devilswede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 11:55 AM
Missionhockey

Quote:

JINX.
Well done.

Missionhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 12:00 PM
Darius Dangleaitis
Padowan Kovalchuk

I'm looking forward to playing you guys this year. With a couple more veterans on the team (Holik, Rolston), as well as some possible young talent (Corrente, Bergfors), we'll have a strong team.

Darius Dangleaitis is offline   Reply With Quote