HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lapierre bulks up to 212lbs!!

Old
08-26-2008, 12:04 PM

vCash: 500
[QUOTE=Kareem Anderson;15261687]People always forget Darren Langdon, but he was really good, always stood up for his teammates, knew what to do and never lost a fight.[QUOTE]

Never won one either...but you're right, he knew his job and did it well.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 12:05 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
lol...thanks CC.

08-26-2008, 12:07 PM
HabsDood

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaTaKlIsM View Post
are you really saying that you would put Tanguay on the third line!?!?!?!?!?!? with chips? wow
Nevermind, we now have 3 1st line

HabsDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 12:11 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
How about;

Kost - Plek - Kovy
Tangs - Koivu - Lats
Higgins - Chips - Kost Jr
TKO - Lappy - BGL
Thats my line-up as well..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 12:12 PM
Blades 0f Steel

212 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 12:16 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
How about;

Kost - Plek - Kovy
Tangs - Koivu - Lats
Higgins - Chips - Kost Jr
TKO - Lappy - BGL
best looking line-up possible, Higgins-Chipchura-S.Kost will make an awesome 3rd line as all 3 are defensive sound, especially Chip who is already our best defensive forward and Latendresse has to play with Koivu, i'm sure this year he'l be a much better, faster player with all of his training and power skating lessons, awesome line-up.

It's too bad you like Brisebois cause i would really like you as a poster here....

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsDood View Post
Nevermind, we now have 3 1st line
admit it, your line-up sucked

Maxpac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 12:20 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
best looking line-up possible, Higgins-Chipchura-S.Kost will make an awesome 3rd line as all 3 are defensive sound, especially Chip who is already our best defensive forward and Latendresse has to play with Koivu, i'm sure this year he'l be a much better, faster player with all of his training and power skating lessons, awesome line-up.

It's too bad you like Brisebois cause i would really like you as a poster here....
I might be the only one, but I really don't like that third line. I think Kostitsyn and Higgins' offense would be wasted with a guy like Chipchura who's a rookie with little in terms of speed and shooting skills. He could be decent offensively eventually, I'm hoping the Habs get a veteran instead. I also disagree with what you said about Kostitsyn being sound defensively, he's ok.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 12:32 PM
wolfinhabsclothing

Guys, forget about Latendresse on the top two lines unless there's an injury. He's a 3rd/4th liner and might even have to fight for a spot on the team if some of the kids from Hamilton have good camps. Remember what happened to Lapierre at the beginning of last year.....

I can almost guarantee you the 2nd line will be Koivu/Tanguay and either Higgins or S. Kostitsyn - both of which are better offensively and defensively than Lats. Koivu's line needs to be able to score AND play D against the other team's top line - there's no way Latendresse can do that.

wolfinhabsclothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 12:35 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:

Yeah, Chipchura is such a good defensive forward that he's apparently too good for the NHL. Gainey wanted to keep everything fair for the other teams, so that's why he was sent down.

Get real, even Gainey said a couple of months back that Chipchura is barely hanging on to the depth chart... and that was as a 4th line center before we added Tanguay and Laraque.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 12:36 PM
HabsDood

Quote:

Well, I think other teams would love to suck like that

HabsDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 12:39 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Haha oh common.. he's not that bad for a #7 option.

One Man Rock Band is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 12:40 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer View Post
Yeah, Chipchura is such a good defensive forward that he's apparently too good for the NHL. Gainey wanted to keep everything fair for the other teams, so that's why he was sent down.

Get real, even Gainey said a couple of months back that Chipchura is barely hanging on to the depth chart... and that was as a 4th line center before we added Tanguay and Laraque.
Gainey said Chipchura has a spot on the team this season. I don't know where you're getting your facts

Last edited by Kristia: 08-26-2008 at 02:23 PM. Reason: removed unneeded comment
WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 12:42 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I never heard not eating after 7 PM, but that's hard for me since I go to the gym at 7 PM and get home around 9 o'clock afterwards 'cause I go to the gym with buddies and hang out a bit after my routine. When I'm done my workout I take whey protein shake and usually I'll come home and refuel with something to eat.
Essentially (say you wake up 7 AM and you go to bed at 11 PM).. you aren't supposed to eat a lot of 'Carbs' after about 2 - 3 PM.. Also, eating your last mean around 6 PM - 7 PM is good, as you aren't going to bed with a lot of unburned calories.

Another thing I've learned is your biggest meal is supposed to be your first meal.. and as the day winds on, you eat less and less.

Old
08-26-2008, 12:44 PM
onice

Quote:
What puck handling?

I wonder what workout routine he's on...
Poutine, Big Macs, Dairy Queen and Lafleurs.

onice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 12:46 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Gainey said Chipchura has a spot on the team this season. I don't know where you're getting your facts, .
He had a spot on the team last season aswell.

Regardless, hanging on to the 4th line is still a spot on the team... just not a very good one. Hope that helps you sleep at night.

Last edited by Kristia: 08-26-2008 at 02:24 PM. Reason: edited quote
BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 12:46 PM
wolfinhabsclothing

Quote:
Gainey said Chipchura has a spot on the team this season. I don't know where you're getting your facts,
I think you're both right. As of now, Chips is pencilled in as the 4th line center. However, if he has a great camp, he could go to #3 (but I doubt it), if he has a terrible camp then there's a possibility that someone takes his place - that could be someone acquired via free agency or trade, or maybe another young player who has a great camp (hello Max Pacioretty).

Last edited by Kristia: 08-26-2008 at 02:24 PM. Reason: edited quote
Old
08-26-2008, 12:52 PM
mcphee

Quote:

Max, I know you love the young guys, [I mean in a hockey sense] but how about saying that Chipchura has shown in jr. and the A, along with his brief stint in the NHL, the potential to be a very good defensive player.

If you're the best defensive forward on the team, said team doesn't demote you during a season in which they have issues with 1 goal leads late in games. It wasn't all about faceoffs, there were missed assignments that caused the staff to make a change.

They think he can play, Gainey used his name when listing the depth chart, but let's not get carried away.

I like things about his game, I'd like to see how he'd play with guys like Higgins and S.Kost. who play at a higher tempo than Chip saw with TK and whoever. It would add a lot to the lineup if he plays well in this type of situation, but he isn't the best anything until he does it.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 12:59 PM
Shred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Diet is what will bulk you up. You have to fallow a high carb intake diet if you want to maximize mass gain. Having your good hours of sleep is also important.

But I can give you a sick workout, you'll never have been sore like that in your life before.
I'd be interested in knowing what your workout is! School starting soon and I'm bored of my old workouts and looking to mix it up.. thanks!

Shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 01:05 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer View Post
Regardless, hanging on to the 4th line is still a spot on the team... just not a very good one. Hope that helps you sleep at night.
Yes because we have a lot of players who can slid into his position. Humm.. Ryan White is the only one.. and he needs a year in the AHL to work on skating and play against pros.

Chipchura will most likely be playing on the third line, as Lapierre will play with BGL and TKO.

Old
08-26-2008, 01:06 PM
WeThreeKings

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfinhabsclothing View Post
I think you're both right. As of now, Chips is pencilled in as the 4th line center. However, if he has a great camp, he could go to #3 (but I doubt it), if he has a terrible camp then there's a possibility that someone takes his place - that could be someone acquired via free agency or trade, or maybe another young player who has a great camp (hello Max Pacioretty).
Chipchura will be the third line center to start the season. Max Pacioretty won't replace Chips or Lapierre as they are centers and he is not. Pacioretty would have to beat out one of the members of the top six wingers, Sergei Kostitsyn, Andrei Kostitsyn, Alexei Kovalev, Chris Higgins, Alex Tanguay and Guillaume Latendresse. I'd say the only one he has a realistic shot at is Lat's and that won't happen, not this season. Pacioretty will just be an injury call-up.

Chipchura shouldn't be afraid of anyone, Lapierre will have to be mindful of Ryan White and Ben Maxwell if they have impressive camps to break the line-up. If either of the two more offensive prospects make it, then Chipchura will slot to fourth line center over Lapierre and Lapierre will either conver to fourth line winger or become trade bait.

Old
08-26-2008, 01:31 PM
wolfinhabsclothing

Quote:
Chipchura will be the third line center to start the season. Max Pacioretty won't replace Chips or Lapierre as they are centers and he is not. Pacioretty would have to beat out one of the members of the top six wingers, Sergei Kostitsyn, Andrei Kostitsyn, Alexei Kovalev, Chris Higgins, Alex Tanguay and Guillaume Latendresse. I'd say the only one he has a realistic shot at is Lat's and that won't happen, not this season. Pacioretty will just be an injury call-up.

Chipchura shouldn't be afraid of anyone, Lapierre will have to be mindful of Ryan White and Ben Maxwell if they have impressive camps to break the line-up. If either of the two more offensive prospects make it, then Chipchura will slot to fourth line center over Lapierre and Lapierre will either conver to fourth line winger or become trade bait.
I agree with almost all of what you said (for some reason I thought Pacioretty was a center) - BUT disagree with the fact that Chipchura is ahead of Lapierre on the depth chart. I think they (rightly) see Lapierre as having more offensive upside than Chipchura, which will result in Lapierre centering more offensive players (Lats and S. Kost) on a 3rd line, while Chips centers a 4th line with defensive/tough players.

In any case, I still maintain that we need a center. Sundin, Lang, Shawn Horcoff, or any of the other rumors coming through would be an upgrade over either Lapierre or Chipchura IMO.

Old
08-26-2008, 01:36 PM
WeThreeKings

Quote:
I agree with almost all of what you said (for some reason I thought Pacioretty was a center) - BUT disagree with the fact that Chipchura is ahead of Lapierre on the depth chart. I think they (rightly) see Lapierre as having more offensive upside than Chipchura, which will result in Lapierre centering more offensive players (Lats and S. Kost) on a 3rd line, while Chips centers a 4th line with defensive/tough players.

In any case, I still maintain that we need a center. Sundin, Lang, Shawn Horcoff, or any of the other rumors coming through would be an upgrade over either Lapierre or Chipchura IMO.
If I have any faith in this management, which I do, they know Chipchura has more offensive upside than Lapierre can dream of. If they think Lapierre is more offensive, then I'm going to be a very depressed man with Lapierre ruining what could be a capable third line.

Old
08-26-2008, 01:37 PM
Ross MacLochness

Quote:
I think they (rightly) see Lapierre as having more offensive upside than Chipchura, which will result in Lapierre centering more offensive players (Lats and S. Kost) on a 3rd line, while Chips centers a 4th line with defensive/tough players.

I can't agree with this at all. Lapierre has shown next to nothing in terms of offensive potential during his 100 or so NHL games. I just don't see how Laiperre is a better fit on a line with Sergei and Higgins than Chipchura. Somebody please explain this to me.

But I agree with the second part. We need an offensive center. If Plekanec were to get injured we are ****ed.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 02:08 PM
Claimed Off Waivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Carbonneau View Post
He should take his visor off though, he is playing on a 4th line and is expected to back up his words and have a reputation, not riding a motocycle...
No,No. He should keep the visor, I wanna see him get Don Cherry pissed off on Coaches Corner when he pulls some stunts vs the Leafs.

Claimed Off Waivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 02:10 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post
I can't agree with this at all. Lapierre has shown next to nothing in terms of offensive potential during his 100 or so NHL games. I just don't see how Laiperre is a better fit on a line with Sergei and Higgins than Chipchura. Somebody please explain this to me.

But I agree with the second part. We need an offensive center. If Plekanec were to get injured we are ****ed.
You must have forgotten his 1st four games as a Hab. His last four in the regular season also showed a bit of promise.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote