HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lapierre bulks up to 212lbs!!

Old
08-26-2008, 02:11 PM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

vCash: 50
I think maybe Lapierre spoke in metaphors when he said that. A guy like Laraque does make punks like Lapierre bigger in ways.

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 02:13 PM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shred View Post
I'd be interested in knowing what your workout is! School starting soon and I'm bored of my old workouts and looking to mix it up.. thanks!
First rule of crossfit is: There are no routines. It's all about the high intensity.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 02:17 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfinhabsclothing View Post
I agree with almost all of what you said (for some reason I thought Pacioretty was a center) - BUT disagree with the fact that Chipchura is ahead of Lapierre on the depth chart. I think they (rightly) see Lapierre as having more offensive upside than Chipchura, which will result in Lapierre centering more offensive players (Lats and S. Kost) on a 3rd line, while Chips centers a 4th line with defensive/tough players.

In any case, I still maintain that we need a center. Sundin, Lang, Shawn Horcoff, or any of the other rumors coming through would be an upgrade over either Lapierre or Chipchura IMO.
They see Lapierre as a great 4th line center that can also kill penalties and be a pest, well backed up by Laraque and Kosto/Begin.

They see Chipchura as our 2way center which is usually the role of the 3rd liner. Chipper has shown far greater things offensively in the few games he's played here than Lapierre ever did.

Chipper 3rd line center(If Sundin doesn't sign)
Laps 4th line center.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 02:27 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kareem Anderson View Post
People always forget Darren Langdon, but he was really good, always stood up for his teammates, knew what to do and never lost a fight.
The more I was reading this thread, the more I was thinking about Langdon, how much people forgot about him... he was a pure enforcer, I mean no real skill whatsoever, but he was good at it, sticking to his teammates, never complaining, always happy and smiling. I will always remember his goal in the 2004 playoffs... great team guy, who was on his last leg...

Vasculio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 02:33 PM
Mue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pazuzu View Post
always happy and smiling. I will always remember his goal in the 2004 playoffs... great team guy, who was on his last leg...
First thing I thought of when I read his name in here. In the interview after the game he was joking about how great his hands are....funny guy.

Mue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 02:33 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
I think maybe Lapierre spoke in metaphors when he said that. A guy like Laraque does make punks like Lapierre bigger in ways.
maybe Sundin was waiting for Lapierre to get to 212lbs before making his announcement?

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 02:35 PM
David_99

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
maybe Sundin was waiting for Lapierre to get to 212lbs before making his announcement?
I heard he was waiting for 213. That's why there's been no announcement yet.

David_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 02:40 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_99 View Post

ill send him a $20 Mcdonalds gift certificate right away.That should do it

Old
08-26-2008, 02:41 PM
Kebekoi

Quote:
Come on Lapierre, ask your good friend Latendresse for a burger or two!

Oppps, it's not post #15 anymore....

Kebekoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 02:43 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebekoi View Post
Come on Lapierre, ask your good friend Latendresse for a burger or two!

Oppps, it's not post #15 anymore....

this isnt the Kyle Wellwood is now 212 thread

Old
08-26-2008, 02:56 PM
hab 4ever

[QUOTE=Ross MacLochness;15262861] I just don't see how Laiperre is a better fit on a line with Sergei and Higgins than Chipchura. QUOTE]

Although I do agree Lapierre is a better fit on the fourth line, I think CHipchura's lack of speed could impede him from being a good fit with Higgins and Sergei. Lack of speed is one thing for a winger, but I think it really is cause for concern for a center, especially post-lock out.

As for many other comments, I am amazed at how many people have Kostopoulous ahead of Bégin on the depth charts. I understand Kostopoulos scored a few big goals in the playoffs, but still... he was useless for 67 games during the season and Bégin is as good a penaly killer and a much better body checker. Besides, both Kostopoulos and Laraque are natural RWs. Finally, doesn't Bégin's bone crushing hits complete perfectly Laraque's fighting/intimidating and Lapierre's instigating skills ?

hab 4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 02:58 PM
Iwishihadacup

[QUOTE=hab 4ever;15263755]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post
I just don't see how Laiperre is a better fit on a line with Sergei and Higgins than Chipchura. QUOTE]

Although I do agree Lapierre is a better fit on the fourth line, I think CHipchura's lack of speed could impede him from being a good fit with Higgins and Sergei. Lack of speed is one thing for a winger, but I think it really is cause for concern for a center, especially post-lock out.

As for many other comments, I am amazed at how many people have Kostopoulous ahead of Bégin on the depth charts. I understand Kostopoulos scored a few big goals in the playoffs, but still... he was useless for 67 games during the season and Bégin is as good a penaly killer and a much better body checker. Besides, both Kostopoulos and Laraque are natural RWs. Finally, doesn't Bégin's bone crushing hits complete perfectly Laraque's fighting/intimidating and Lapierre's instigating skills ?
we consider him under because of the tendency he have to make us lose games by himself

last game vs leafs 2 seasons ago
Game 5 vs flyers last season

and many more

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 03:18 PM
24Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kareem Anderson View Post
I might be the only one, but I really don't like that third line. I think Kostitsyn and Higgins' offense would be wasted with a guy like Chipchura who's a rookie with little in terms of speed and shooting skills. He could be decent offensively eventually, I'm hoping the Habs get a veteran instead. I also disagree with what you said about Kostitsyn being sound defensively, he's ok.
Chipchura played very well with Cogliano at the 2006 WJC. He scored a few nice goals as well if memory serves me right. Chipchura will be fine centering the third line no matter who his linemates are.

24Cups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 03:26 PM
revin5*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
best looking line-up possible, Higgins-Chipchura-S.Kost will make an awesome 3rd line as all 3 are defensive sound, especially Chip who is already our best defensive forward and Latendresse has to play with Koivu, i'm sure this year he'l be a much better, faster player with all of his training and power skating lessons, awesome line-up.

It's too bad you like Brisebois cause i would really like you as a poster here....

admit it, your line-up sucked
Your line-up sucks. Switch Chips and Lappy and you have a great team.

Chipchura doesn't have the experience to play in an offensive role.
Chipchura doesn't have the speed to play an offensive role.
Chipchura needs the experience of playing on a checking line.
Chipchura has the qualities to be a great shutdown center.
Lapierre has the experience to play in an offensive role.
Lapierre has the speed to play an offensive role.
Lapierre needs the experience of playing in a offensive role.
Lapierre has the the qualities to be a decent two-way center or winger.

Why do you want to ruin the development of two players who may end up being key performers in the future?

Wait.. did you just say that Chips is already our best defensive forward? Wow... that's exceptionally ignorant. At the moment, Latendresse has a better understanding of defensive play in the NHL than Chips.

revin5* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 03:27 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
That's a pretty big jump in weight for one off-season. I hope he didn't bulk up too much that it effects his skating and puck handling.
I remember when Perez bulked up like crazy in one summer, then his hands were nowhere to be found and he left after that season.

On the bright side Lappy dosen't have any hands

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 03:36 PM
CH4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hab 4ever View Post

Finally someone that agrees with me... Begin, IMO, is more useful then Kosto... people thinks he is a lock on the lineup this year while I see very well him and Begin fighting for a spot...

and Lappierre also looks underrated; he is VERY useful on the pk, probably our best foward on this area. we need a fast guy on the pk and I think a Lappy-Chip duo would be extremely hard to score on. I don't think he is on the edge of being out of the lineup. He is a very good 4th liner.

CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 04:07 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH4THECUP View Post
Finally someone that agrees with me... Begin, IMO, is more useful then Kosto... people thinks he is a lock on the lineup this year while I see very well him and Begin fighting for a spot...
I think Kosto gets the opening day spot just for his performance in the playoffs last year. It was incredible.

I also think that Carbo thinks higher of him than Begin, due to his stint on a scoring line.

However, I do believe that Begin/Kosto will be switching game in and game out.

One Man Rock Band is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 04:12 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24Cups View Post
Chipchura played very well with Cogliano at the 2006 WJC. He scored a few nice goals as well if memory serves me right. Chipchura will be fine centering the third line no matter who his linemates are.
Yeah he did play well in the WJC, but it really doesn't matter for the upcoming season. Maybe he'll have a great season but if he's anything like last year he won't be fine centering guys with talent like Higgins and S. Kostitsyn. I still think the Habs need someone else.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 04:16 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Daniel says he's only 211.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 04:27 PM
BigTimer*

Lapierre/Begin-Chipchura/Lapierre/Begin-Laraque/Kosto

Great 4th line.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 05:20 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

I really like Lapierre, his hustle, and while I think Chipchura is vastly underrated skill wise (watch what he'll do with skilled linemates), I think Lapierre too is. He doesn't have the puck possession and 'stealing from an opponent' skills of Chip, nor his hands or defensive acumen, but he's faster, grittier, and while his hands are nothing to write about, nor his shot, I think that around the net he's a real threat... and now you give him a Laraque ! He will be able to play his game even more... moreso at 212lbs !

Anyway... I can't ****ing wait for the camp to start...

Vasculio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 05:25 PM
Teufelsdreck

I'm skeptical about Bégin's being able to play a full or nearly full season. He's not a rubber ball who can immediately bounce back from injuries. He missed 30 games in 2 of his 4 seasons with the Habs. Having Laraque as a teammate won't make him any more durable.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 08:49 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
Max, I know you love the young guys, [I mean in a hockey sense] but how about saying that Chipchura has shown in jr. and the A, along with his brief stint in the NHL, the potential to be a very good defensive player.

If you're the best defensive forward on the team, said team doesn't demote you during a season in which they have issues with 1 goal leads late in games. It wasn't all about faceoffs, there were missed assignments that caused the staff to make a change.

They think he can play, Gainey used his name when listing the depth chart, but let's not get carried away.

I like things about his game, I'd like to see how he'd play with guys like Higgins and S.Kost. who play at a higher tempo than Chip saw with TK and whoever. It would add a lot to the lineup if he plays well in this type of situation, but he isn't the best anything until he does it.
Chipchura is the best player we have when it comes to block pass angles, he's also our best PKer to intercept passes and get scoring opportunities, the problem with Chipper was that he had no room because there was no way that both Gainey and Carbo weren't going to leave a new 2mil free agent in the pressbox, we all remember that game where he lost a face-off and it reslulted in a goal, that was the excuse to send him back. You guys forget that he was once the 1st overall pick in the WHL and was ranked 4th overall in the 2004 draft before his series of injuries. He also played a huge part offensively in the 06 WJC squad where he was captain, and a player who started on the 4th line to end up on the 2nd line at the end. He's not that slow of a skater as some of posters here like to point out and his offense is REALLY getting to be underrated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revin5 View Post
Your line-up sucks. Switch Chips and Lappy and you have a great team.

Chipchura doesn't have the experience to play in an offensive role.
Chipchura doesn't have the speed to play an offensive role.
Chipchura needs the experience of playing on a checking line.
Chipchura has the qualities to be a great shutdown center.
Lapierre has the experience to play in an offensive role.
Lapierre has the speed to play an offensive role.
Lapierre needs the experience of playing in a offensive role.
Lapierre has the the qualities to be a decent two-way center or winger.

Why do you want to ruin the development of two players who may end up being key performers in the future?

Wait.. did you just say that Chips is already our best defensive forward? Wow... that's exceptionally ignorant. At the moment, Latendresse has a better understanding of defensive play in the NHL than Chips.
oh brother...

Chipchura has far more offensive potential then Lappierre who's a pest that shoots from every angle possible, not to mention it would very stupid to take him away from Laraque, Max is the player on the team who will benefit the most out of our new goon because now he will be able to start fires like he's good at, even he talked about it in an interview recently. It's not because Chipchura has the potential to become a great shutdown center that he's no good offensively, if we get another center, Lappierre is the one going on the wing, not Chipper. and yes, i'l say it again, Kyle Chipchura is our best defensive forward, he's our only defensive minded player who doesn't stay still in the middle of the ice to get deked easily.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 08:50 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
I'm skeptical about Bégin's being able to play a full or nearly full season. He's not a rubber ball who can immediately bounce back from injuries. He missed 30 games in 2 of his 4 seasons with the Habs. Having Laraque as a teammate won't make him any more durable.
not that it has anything to do with Lappierre

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 09:00 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Higgins-Chipchura-SKost
Begin-Lapierre-Laraque

I have no idea why some people think Lapierre is anything more than a pest. He's not a great PKer, he's an ok one but he could get better and more consistant. But he has no offensive future whatsoever.

Chipchura is by far the one with the most potential. Are people forgetting how good he was at the begining of last season? He was already one of the best habs along the board, and he was routinely making plays cycling the puck and cutting passes everywhere. Give him two solid wingers like Higgins and SKost and he'll put up his 40pts on the third line.

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote