HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Latendresse's training.

Old
08-26-2008, 06:17 PM
znk

vCash: 500
Latendresse's training.

I know there was a thread about this. But according to the search function there are no threads titles containing the keyword "Latendresse" on this forum (Obvioulsy using the famous eklund search algoryithm(That one's for you Pascal))
Quote:
Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.
Anyway I heard a short interview with him on CJAD on the drive home and he talked a bit about his training. Most of this this was in the other thread but there are a couple more details.

He's training with his borther. Working hard. Fans are excited about the season and they want a good season. The players have to do whatever we can to deliver.

They are training with a trainer that's a friend of Trevor Timmins.

He has to work on the technical aspect before he can work on the power aspect.

Said there should be improvement this season but nothing drastic.
He wants to work with this trainer for 4-5 years and he wants to improve in everyone of those years to get where he wants to be.

So that's all I heard when the reporter gave him a chance to talk about something other then Sundin.
If half the team takes things as seriously as this kid we're in good shape.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 06:24 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

vCash: 1000
Just watch out when Lats starts firing on all cylinders... its going to be awesome to watch him go!

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 06:40 PM
Fire Brunet*

I heard that all of Timmins' friends work at McDonald's

Seriously though, keep it up Lats, show 'em that you can do it too!

Fire Brunet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 06:48 PM
Russeltown

At least he's working hard, not like that portugese guy whom I forgot the name.

Russeltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 06:50 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russeltown View Post
At least he's working hard, not like that portugese guy whom I forgot the name.
Vasco da Gama ?

Old
08-26-2008, 06:51 PM
sevil

He was at the impromptu training camp in Arnprior a couple of weeks back with.. his bro, subban, quailer, valentenko and white.. he was working on skating with Paul Lawson and One timers with someother guy (he was taking passes from behind the net, the half boards and the blue line) he ripped the net with one!

sevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 06:55 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevil View Post
He was at the impromptu training camp in Arnprior a couple of weeks back with.. his bro, subban, quailer, valentenko and white.. he was working on skating with Paul Lawson and One timers with someother guy (he was taking passes from behind the net, the half boards and the blue line) he ripped the net with one!
just like i asked you in the other thread, did you see any difference in his skating back then, his acceleration, turning, top speed, balance, anything?

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 07:03 PM

The interviewer didn't ask the right questions.

I would have asked him how many pounds he lost and if he has lost his baby fat.

68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 07:09 PM
sevil

he was working on his starts, and yes he did seem alittle quicker.. and he was skating almost all of the other time with a parachute system on.. so he looked really slow...

Old
08-26-2008, 07:27 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
he was working on his starts, and yes he did seem alittle quicker.. and he was skating almost all of the other time with a parachute system on.. so he looked really slow...
I like that parachute system, it helps alot to become more powerful..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 07:30 PM
montreal25m

latendresse

Not sure if anyone caught this on team990, there was a caller in the afternoon...and he was at a charity golf thing...and lappy and latendrese were there. Anyway, he went on to comment that lappy looked like he was in great shape then went on to say that latendrese should start drinking light beer because he looked horrible with a shirt off.....anyway...i started to laugh my head off lol

montreal25m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 07:38 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal25m View Post
Not sure if anyone caught this on team990, there was a caller in the afternoon...and he was at a charity golf thing...and lappy and latendrese were there. Anyway, he went on to comment that lappy looked like he was in great shape then went on to say that latendrese should start drinking light beer because he looked horrible with a shirt off.....anyway...i started to laugh my head off lol
who said is "he" ?

Old
08-26-2008, 07:42 PM
montreal25m

lats

He= caller. Have no idea who he is, he just commented on the charity golf tournament and how he met lappy and lats. When "he" made that comment, i was on the floor..that is all..the way he said it was pretty funny.

montreal25m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 07:43 PM
Judge Sauer*

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal25m View Post
Soooooooo, Lats is the John Daly of hockey?

Judge Sauer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 07:44 PM
One Trick Pony

Latendresse sucks.

By the way I never knew where to ask this but what's this post #15 thing?

One Trick Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 07:46 PM
Sined
The AndroidBugler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd Round Pick View Post
Soooooooo, Lats is the John Daly of hockey?
Good one!

If Lats can let it fly like Daly can, hell stick Latendresse on right point on the PP.

Sined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 07:53 PM
Russeltown

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliash View Post
Latendresse sucks.

There's nothing to understand. Someone started the trend and explicitely asked to act likewise in the other threads. The others positively responded to their query.

Russeltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 08:13 PM
sevil

quick story.. the boys were in arnprior last week working out... a couple of kids were playing street hockey down from my home. Two of them were wearing habs jerseys both latendresse and a couple were wearing sens jerseys... a car pulls up and a couple of guys get out and start watching the game... one of them asked if the boys were habs fans... the two of them were like yeah.. i love them.. gui latendresse is my favorite favorite player....wow. says the guy... I am gui!.... the kids dad came out and knew them right away (another habs fan).. the habs signed some jerseys and sticks.. the kids were amazed.... its a small town and the story has spread pretty quickly... they did a lot of great pr for the team with that impromptu visit... hats off to them!

Old
08-26-2008, 09:08 PM
1UP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russeltown View Post
There's nothing to understand. Someone started the trend and explicitely asked to act likewise in the other threads. The others positively responded to their query.
Actually, a poll was made, on a period where almost all threads ended up on Latendresse bashing, how much posts were required for a thread to become a Latendresse bashing one.

The number that won was 15.

1UP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 09:09 PM
jean004

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliash View Post
Latendresse sucks.

Latendresse doesn't suck. He's shown some flashes of brilliance. He's only 21 and he will continue to improve. Sure he's missed a lot of chances, fans on shots, is slower than most of his peers. These are things he can work at though. Soon, you may find him slow, however always in the right place, well position and becoming a true power forward. I think if we let him go, we'll look back and regret it. As far as I know, he isn't causing anything in the dressing room, he's serious and works hard.

Why always chase out of town Habs players? With your attitude, its no wonders players don't want to come play here.

jean004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 09:16 PM
Nobak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jean004 View Post
Latendresse doesn't suck. He's shown some flashes of brilliance. He's only 21 and he will continue to improve. Sure he's missed a lot of chances, fans on shots, is slower than most of his peers. These are things he can work at though. Soon, you may find him slow, however always in the right place, well position and becoming a true power forward. I think if we let him go, we'll look back and regret it. As far as I know, he isn't causing anything in the dressing room, he's serious and works hard.

Why always chase out of town Habs players? With your attitude, its no wonders players don't want to come play here.
So make that 20 posts until a thread becomes a full-fledged Latendresse debate?

Nobak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2008, 09:37 PM
One Trick Pony

I stopped using the smiley because i thought it was useless.. and I was WRONG

One Trick Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2008, 01:39 AM
Mkm29

I just think Lats could have done more efforts over the last two seasons. I am willing to give him a chance this season because it's a new season and I know he has it in him. I mean, he has a good shot, hands are okay and he's a ****in beast. It's the fact that he's huge yet he doesn't use his size properly that really irritates me. I hope he'll start hitting like a machine this year and park his Hummer in front of the net because if he does this: WATCH OUT!

Mkm29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2008, 07:45 AM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Lats has soft hands passing and shooting with a huge fireplug frame. That Portugese guy is a top 10-15 player in scoring. I watched a few Dallas games and he plays near the net and goes into high traffic areas near the net. He was immature but better than many young people at that age(including me) and his injured act was a poor attempt at winning. Lats will be ok with those hands and frame. If he heads for the net he will be dynamite. He should be utilized on the power play in front of the net.

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2008, 08:00 AM
HabsDood

Lats will become a Leclair type of power forward, this next season.. I read that somewhere

HabsDood is offline   Reply With Quote