HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Preds need a center!

Closed Thread

Old
06-16-2004, 03:09 PM
crossxcheck

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
I'd think about it. The pick being traded would be the key thing in this deal, but you also have to realize two things (from a Nashville standpoint):

A.) Aaron Miller is a good dman, but he has had two severe injury ridden seasons.......and has been enormously unhealthy throughout his pro career.

B.) Miller makes 3.5 million in cash.
Miller has never played 82 games ( I now see that) and I had NO idea he made $3.5m. Still worth consdering if miller's contract is as repear says esp. if it's orszagh and a 3rd or 4th. We might not even re-sign orszagh as it is.

Old
06-16-2004, 03:10 PM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyCoN
Patty O'sullivan

for

Tootoo and your 1st...
we could have had patty in the draft, but didn't. I wouldn't take this trade either.

Old
06-16-2004, 03:27 PM
NyCoN
Instant Contender

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossxcheck
we could have had patty in the draft, but didn't. I wouldn't take this trade either.

ok..ok..

Mikko Koivu

For

Ryan Suter...

Old
06-16-2004, 03:45 PM
crossxcheck

Quote:
ok..ok..

Mikko Koivu

For

Ryan Suter...
still wouldn't do it heh

Old
06-16-2004, 03:45 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
ok..ok..

Mikko Koivu

For

Ryan Suter...
okay, but only if you accept part 2 of that deal, which is Marian Gaborik for Marian Cisar.

Old
06-16-2004, 03:48 PM
NyCoN
Instant Contender

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
okay, but only if you accept part 2 of that deal, which is Marian Gaborik for Marian Cisar.

:lol

Old
06-16-2004, 03:51 PM
JPurp26

vCash: 300
How bout this

I know you will prolly say no but here

To NASH: Tim Conolly 4rd pick

To Buffalo: Marek Zidilicky 5 rd pick

I love both teams my two tops favs

Good for both teams
Buffalo has growth. Connoly suppose to be superstar
Nashville needs a center Connoly awesome hell work great for Preds hell need 1 year of develmont

Old
06-16-2004, 06:11 PM
crossxcheck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreDude2631
How bout this

I know you will prolly say no but here

To NASH: Tim Conolly 4rd pick

To Buffalo: Marek Zidilicky 5 rd pick

I love both teams my two tops favs

Good for both teams
Buffalo has growth. Connoly suppose to be superstar
Nashville needs a center Connoly awesome hell work great for Preds hell need 1 year of develmont

I'm sure there are people who would do this and it's not a bad trade, but I dunno. I'm more sold on getting someone with some experience.

Old
06-16-2004, 06:45 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
I'm sure there are people who would do this and it's not a bad trade, but I dunno. I'm more sold on getting someone with some experience.

He's joking.Connolly's value was low before his concussion that kept him out all season.Now he'll have to show he can come back from the concussion.

Zidilicky's coming off a very impressive rookie season(53 pts)

Old
06-18-2004, 07:33 AM
desperateblue

Well someone mentioned this one already but how about this proposal if I was john ferguson jr I would offer up Antropov and Aki Berg for jordin tootoo. Imagine the checking line possiblities for the leafs tootoo and tucker with domi. What you think?

Old
06-18-2004, 07:41 AM
crossxcheck

Quote:
Originally Posted by desperateblue
Well someone mentioned this one already but how about this proposal if I was john ferguson jr I would offer up Antropov and Aki Berg for jordin tootoo. Imagine the checking line possiblities for the leafs tootoo and tucker with domi. What you think?
I just don't see the preds giving up tootoo just yet

Old
06-18-2004, 10:08 AM
Coffey77

Quote:
I just don't see the preds giving up tootoo just yet
I wouldn't consider Tootoo untouchable but it's going to take more than Antropov and Berg to get a deal done.

If I were the Preds, I might show some interest in Antropov if he was available. I wonder if a deal centered around Arkhipov + extra could do it.

Old
06-18-2004, 10:43 AM
goalienut

Alyn McCauly for Klein, Orszagh, 2nd rounder

Old
06-18-2004, 11:28 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalienut
Alyn McCauly for Klein, Orszagh, 2nd rounder
lol...no

Old
06-18-2004, 11:31 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffey77
I wouldn't consider Tootoo untouchable but it's going to take more than Antropov and Berg to get a deal done.
How is a 4th line energy guy worth more than Nicolai Antropov? Man Tootoo is getting tremendously overrated around here..

Old
06-18-2004, 11:36 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano = Dud
How is a 4th line energy guy worth more than Nicolai Antropov? Man Tootoo is getting tremendously overrated around here..

after having seen some of your posts in the past about a guy like Rob DiMaio...maybe you should think about what you're saying.

Old
06-18-2004, 11:51 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
after having seen some of your posts in the past about a guy like Rob DiMaio...maybe you should think about what you're saying.
Where did I say Robbie is worth Antropov?

Old
06-18-2004, 11:59 AM
desperateblue

Tootoo plays a grinding style of hockey that alot of fans dont notice cause he doesnt get to put up big numbers but it is important. I would trade antropov berg and kaberle to get tootoo but that isnt me putting to much stock in tootoo I am just sick of the leafs lead anchors around quinns neck. And I would love to have someone on the leafs that brings some excitement back to the acc. Have you been to a game this year? Those sits down there would appreciate someone hitting everything that moved.

Old
06-18-2004, 12:06 PM
RoyIsALegend*

Quote:
Tootoo plays a grinding style of hockey that alot of fans dont notice cause he doesnt get to put up big numbers but it is important. I would trade antropov berg and kaberle to get tootoo but that isnt me putting to much stock in tootoo I am just sick of the leafs lead anchors around quinns neck. And I would love to have someone on the leafs that brings some excitement back to the acc. Have you been to a game this year? Those sits down there would appreciate someone hitting everything that moved.
Then sign Dallas Drake, whom is an unrestricted free agent on July 1st.

Old
06-18-2004, 01:24 PM
crossxcheck

I never said Tootoo was "untouchable" or worth more than anyone. I just don't see Nashville giving up their energy guy (and in all honesty he's wildly popular with the fans) that easily. But why are we even arguing this? hah.

Old
06-19-2004, 12:42 PM
desperateblue

Tootoo is the most popular pred hands down cus he is the energy guy. When you see the other team standing up on the bench cus he is on the ice, it means he is getting into thier head. And that I believe anyway makes his market value go up a fair bit. Id love to see him play in canada where his qualities would be appreciated more

Old
06-19-2004, 03:08 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Thats a lot to give up for Jordin Tootoo I wish the GM felt the same as you over there in TO and asked the Preds.....I'm sure we would accept, although we would hate losing the guy who is so tremendously popular here.

People do not realize that Nashville just loves the kid. Trading him could be devastating......I think our fanbase is very fragile right now. We have to be very careful with our moves. For instance, everyone already loves Sullivan....more than a lot of Preds that have been here for ages......being unable to resign him would be a crushing blow marketing wise.