HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Lapierre bulks up to 212lbs!!

Old
08-27-2008, 12:11 AM
kris
No JDru for TB - yet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
It's insanely difficult for me, because by the time gym opens, I'm in classes. I'll be working out relatively earlier.. around 4-5 PM instead of 7 when school starts up again.
Wha school you go to brotha?

kris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2008, 01:36 AM
revin5*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
oh brother...

Chipchura has far more offensive potential then Lappierre who's a pest that shoots from every angle possible, not to mention it would very stupid to take him away from Laraque, Max is the player on the team who will benefit the most out of our new goon because now he will be able to start fires like he's good at, even he talked about it in an interview recently. It's not because Chipchura has the potential to become a great shutdown center that he's no good offensively, if we get another center, Lappierre is the one going on the wing, not Chipper. and yes, i'l say it again, Kyle Chipchura is our best defensive forward, he's our only defensive minded player who doesn't stay still in the middle of the ice to get deked easily.
Agreed, Chipchura does have more offensive potential, but... he's not ready for that role. Lapierre is ready for that role even though the best use of him in the future is as a replacement (and upgrade) for Begin.

You really think that Chipchura is our best defensive forward? Kostopoulos and Begin say hi. So does Plekanec (or does he not count since he has offensive flair?). I'll say that Chipchura impressed me, but he's nowhere near to being our best defensive forward. Kostitsyn, Koivu, Latendresse, and Tanguay are all more polished when it comes to defensive play. This is no fault of Chips, he just doesn't have the experience yet. The best way to get him that experience is to throw him on a line with a couple of vets (Begin and TKo) and play him against opposing scoring lines. That's what he needs, and that's what the team needs. After a year of that we can talk about giving him time in an offensive role, but by that time he'll probably be more needed as our checking line center (which should still be the fourth line). I'm not saying Lapierre is perfect for the third line center position, he's just a filler, but he's much more qualified than Chipchura at present. I wouldn't be surprised if we see Lapierre move down to the fourth line to play on Chipchura's wing the next season (so long as we fill that hole at center).

You would be perfectly right to say that Chipchura would be the better third line center if Montreal was following the traditional model of two lines of attack, a checking line, and an energy line.. but that's not how it's going. We have one scoring line, two two-way lines (that are more geared for scoring than defence), and a checking line. With that type of lineup Chips is much more valuable on the fourth than on the third.

revin5* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2008, 06:21 AM
24Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by revin5 View Post
Agreed, Chipchura does have more offensive potential, but... he's not ready for that role. Lapierre is ready for that role even though the best use of him in the future is as a replacement (and upgrade) for Begin.
The future is now. I can't see how Chipchura will benefit from another year in the AHL. He's as ready for the third line center role as he is going to be.

Laraque wasn't signed to warm the press box and Lapierre will be in the lineup unless he needs a press box educational stint to remind him that hard work and 100% effort is what keeps him in the lineup. As such, Lapierre and Laraque should pretty much be locks for the fourth line with Begin, Kostopoulos, and Dandenault fighting for the last spot.

24Cups is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2008, 06:36 AM
HockeyF3ind

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
What puck handling?

I wonder what workout routine he's on, I wanna bulk up that much in a couple months, jesus.
Maybe its just the Beer and poutine routine if you know what I mean!

HockeyF3ind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2008, 07:09 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Good to hear. He needs the extra weight/muscle to play the style they want him to play. He's not the most offensive player out there so he needs to crash and bang.

Tuggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2008, 08:29 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Good to hear. He needs the extra weight/muscle to play the style they want him to play. He's not the most offensive player out there so he needs to crash and bang.
and that's why Segei and higgins should NOT be playing with mad max

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2008, 08:45 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
and that's why Segei and higgins should NOT be playing with mad max
A guy like Lapierre could conceivably put up as many points as a guy like Chipchura, but they're different in teh way they're obtained. Lapierre can have a good career going to the net, working off the boards, crashing and banging. He could be a 10-15 g, 15-20 assist guy. What he won't be, is a guy who makes cute passes to a winger breaking into the open. Brian Skrudland had a nice career without these abilities, and often played with good wingers.

Chipchura seems to have a good sense for moving the puck to his wongers, seems to make nice decisions with the puck, but frankly, he could end up being a guy with 10 g and 25 a's.

Maybe not so different in total result, but in the way they got there.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2008, 08:46 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris View Post
Wha school you go to brotha?
Saint Mary's University.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2008, 09:20 AM
rocketlives

Did he bulk up on cheeseburgers? I doubt these extra pounds are all muscle. As far as Lapierre being an enforcer, please don't make me laugh. The guy is afraid of his shadow. The day he can beat the crap out of a player like Sean Avery in a fist fight, I'll believe in him. In the meantime, he's a fair "run of the mill" 4th line pest player, nothing less and nothing more.

rocketlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2008, 03:34 PM
peicurler91

watch it be, him getting addicted to Mcdonalds

peicurler91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2008, 04:40 PM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
You probably see things like this homer.
LMAO.....hahahahahahah

I never saw it before.... thanks for the link !

chara punishes lapierre.....heheh ...fking chara... getting destroyed by BGL this year...lol.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote