HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Latendresse's training.

Old
08-27-2008, 08:06 AM
CastroLeRobot
Hab-a-bouille

vCash: 500
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. All Tender needs is to grow some balls and be a man on the ice, stand up for himself, look the oponnents in the eyes and stop hidding behind Komi everytime things get rough. I think it's understandable as he's only 21, but in this league, you make your name in the first seasons, and this one is going to be his 3rd. Other than that, the kid has undeniable talent and I am sure he will be an impact player - 30 goal scorer sooner than most here think...

CastroLeRobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2008, 08:10 AM
kalessin

The Latendresse situation is pretty ridiculous. Kid is 21. The fact that he's even played two full NHL seasons (and scored 16 goals both times) is extremely impressive. Everyone except Hab fans knows that players of his build take a lot longer to make an impact on the scoresheet. If he was 26 or 27 and was putting up numbers like last year I'd be concerned. But he's 21!

I'm sure that if Latendresse played for another team he'd be highly coveted by us. Somehow, since he's a Canadien he's held to a higher (and very unreasonable) standard. Hopefully the Montreal management is a little bit more patient than the general fanbase, because giving up on Guillaume now is the equivalent of calling Pacioretty a bust if he doesn't make the team in the fall, or Sergei Kostitsyn a bust because he only scored 9 goals last year.

Give him some time to find his game! He's not guaranteed to be a great player in the future but people have to realize his progression is very normal and in many ways ahead of the curve. In the meanwhile it's not as if his presence on the ice is a detriment to the team.

kalessin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2008, 08:22 AM
Mont Royale

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliash View Post
I stopped using the smiley because i thought it was useless.. and I was WRONG
I thought it was pretty funny, for what it's worth.

Mont Royale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2008, 09:40 AM
7th Player

I am expecting a HUGE season from Tender!

7th Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2008, 10:43 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russeltown View Post
At least he's working hard, not like that portugese guy whom I forgot the name.
The boy who cried wolf?

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2008, 10:51 AM
FrankMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevil View Post
quick story.. the boys were in arnprior last week working out... a couple of kids were playing street hockey down from my home. Two of them were wearing habs jerseys both latendresse and a couple were wearing sens jerseys... a car pulls up and a couple of guys get out and start watching the game... one of them asked if the boys were habs fans... the two of them were like yeah.. i love them.. gui latendresse is my favorite favorite player....wow. says the guy... I am gui!.... the kids dad came out and knew them right away (another habs fan).. the habs signed some jerseys and sticks.. the kids were amazed.... its a small town and the story has spread pretty quickly... they did a lot of great pr for the team with that impromptu visit... hats off to them!
Does this street lead to a McDonald's by chance? lol

Great story though!!

FrankMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2008, 11:42 AM
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastroLeRobot View Post
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. All Tender needs is to grow some balls and be a man on the ice, stand up for himself, look the oponnents in the eyes and stop hidding behind Komi everytime things get rough. I think it's understandable as he's only 21, but in this league, you make your name in the first seasons, and this one is going to be his 3rd. Other than that, the kid has undeniable talent and I am sure he will be an impact player - 30 goal scorer sooner than most here think...
i agree with pretty much all you said. I don't even think Lats' biggest issue is his speed. Sure it would help if he can improve it, but I just don't see him becoming the kind of winger that beats dmen wide and dekes the goalie out of his skates. But I definitely see him as an awesome crash-the-net / uses his shot in the slot type of player, if he can man up and stop being a kitty cat on the ice. I don't think age has anything to do with it, the guy is 210+ pounds, he should play like it.

And uhhh.. Ben Stiller was great in Tropic Thunder or something. (That one was for you znk)

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote