HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The ''What to do in Montreal'' Thread version 2.0

Closed Thread

Old
08-26-2008, 12:14 PM
fancy dan*

vCash: 500

i'm assuming that most regular posters don't notice this thread... wondered if i could post my dumb questions somewhere else?

Old
08-27-2008, 08:52 AM
Turboflex*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken conif View Post
wow i'm on a role here.

could anyone recommend any folk art galleries in the montreal area?
Uhh the McCord Museum has some Indian stuff in it if that's what you mean. A bunch of art galleries on Sherbrooke st. west between Guy and Peel.

If you're interested in architechture maybe check out this museum:
http://www.cca.qc.ca/

I've never been so I don't know whats in it but maybe worth a look. There's a nice "architecture" park outside of it across the street with a good view of south west montreal and the river.

I'm sure you're going to check out Old Montreal and stuff, but that area between Guy st. and Peel st. (Bordered on North by Ave. Des Pins/Mont Royal Park and the south with Sherbrooke St. west) is known as the "Golden Mile" http://www.goldensquaremile.com/millecarre.html. The side streets like De La Musee, Redpath, Simpson, etc. have some beautiful houses, nice old trees too. The neighbourhood was partially wrecked in the 60s and 70s when they tore down a lot of them and built large apartment buildings so it's a funny contrast.

Quote:
how about farmers markets? where are the best ones?
http://www.marchespublics-mtl.com/

Marche Jean-Talon is the biggest and best one. Atwater Market is smaller, in a nice old building and right beside the lachine canal park.

Old
08-27-2008, 10:54 AM
fancy dan*

^^^^^^^^^^^^

thank you very much.

all i need now is a good live venue calender of events. i see there is no ticketmaster in montreal. hoping to take in a live show.

thx again.

Old
08-27-2008, 02:40 PM
Turboflex*

Dunno what kind of show you're talking about but try googling the venues their site should have a calender:

Bell Centre (general)
Place Des Arts (general)
Metropolis (Rock)
Cafe Campus (Rock)
Just for Laughs theatre (comedy)

I'm not to big on live shows so maybe someone else can add more venue suggestions. Also there's gotta be some ticketmaster type site that deals with Montreal.

Old
08-27-2008, 05:07 PM
AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken conif View Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^

thank you very much.

all i need now is a good live venue calender of events. i see there is no ticketmaster in montreal. hoping to take in a live show.

thx again.
Too many things happening at the same time.. I suggest admission.com from many shows.

Old
08-28-2008, 11:21 AM
Pax Macioretty

for night clubing, i've always had alot of fun getting the ladies on saturdays at the loft

Old
08-29-2008, 03:27 PM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Alright, so I'll be there in a bit and need a some ideas of fun places to go, day and night

I'm 19 and will be 20 in early September.

Also, I hope I didn't miss it and I'm not sure what the name is (I've asked a couple of times before) but any word on that little festival thing they have where you can go and meet the habs players? I think it's in like a small park, or near the bell centre.

Thanks.

Old
08-29-2008, 04:12 PM
LilWinger11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Alright, so I'll be there in a bit and need a some ideas of fun places to go, day and night

I'm 19 and will be 20 in early September.

Also, I hope I didn't miss it and I'm not sure what the name is (I've asked a couple of times before) but any word on that little festival thing they have where you can go and meet the habs players? I think it's in like a small park, or near the bell centre.

Thanks.
The Jamboree? You didn't miss it. It's held during training camp/preseason at some point. I'm sure we'll have a thread about it when it gets closer.

Old
08-29-2008, 05:07 PM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilWinger11 View Post
The Jamboree? You didn't miss it. It's held during training camp/preseason at some point. I'm sure we'll have a thread about it when it gets closer.
Awesome! I was worried I'd miss it. I should be in Montreal before it starts.

Thanks.

Closed Thread